Counters for Anakin?

Replies

• Ronoaldo wrote: »
    @DarkDiggler finally beat it, with a little lucky moves, and a few more speed mods:

https://youtu.be/ItSdfKu6DKA

(sorry if I messed up with your payout, I just had a few minutes to try a new battle and follow the tips here in the thread)

Nice! No worries on the payout, dont think it hurt me any. I'm gonna try out a different team shortly just need some more credits, it's the one thing I don't like spending money on lol.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Dooku eats Anakin+Aayla combo's alive.

I usually throw stuns to Aayla, kill Anakin outright (his TM gain on ally death needs to be halted). With Dooku, lightning puts Aayla out first, then basic attacks can AB and Stun Anakin. Throw RG in wherever a stun fails and you can CC both characters without fail.

I used to fail all the time against Anakin, Aayla, SF, RG, 5s. I had three weeks where they were my node 12 every single time. I've gotten pretty good at picking my targets. It may not work for everyone, but Dooku is my main wrecking ball for those teams.
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    Toukai wrote: »

Not necessarily, they just need a good supporting cast, for instance:

Anakin, Aayla, Rex, STHan, OB
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    vynn wrote: »

@vynn
    Not even a challenge. I've fought that team several times already.

Without OB as lead, same deal. Dooku stun Aayla, Dooku focus fire Anakin. Without dodge, just QGJ purge Han when he taunts. OB's one trick pony ability doesn't even slow me down. When anakin dies, I keep Aayla the primary focus of Dooku/Rg and then blow up Rex with rey. Team literally just falls apart.

Compared to Anny/Aayla/SF/RG/5s? That team is a joke.
  • It's mainly dodge leads on our shards so it's very boring. Speed and Ronoaldo don't run that though so ther are a few of us that try to have fun lol.

Yeah, mostly are dodge lead in our shard. Honestly Its real fun when I fought with your Ani lead team.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    It's mainly dodge leads on our shards so it's very boring. Speed and Ronoaldo don't run that though so ther are a few of us that try to have fun lol.

Yeah, mostly are dodge lead in our shard. Honestly Its real fun when I fought with your Ani lead team.

@SpeeedDarkwalkers
    I would love to run another team. Unfortunately, I leveled Dooku + rey/qgj/gs/RG. At this point, as a pure f2p, I am too heavily vested to try and make another team. Add mods into that fact and now I dont have enough resources to even begin gearing a rebel team, or clones, or any other fun looking team.

I want to try an Ackbar rebel team, but the time, cost, and effort to gear them would make me fall behind my top30 spot if I neglect my Dooku team for even a week. It sucks, but that's f2p.
  • @ronoaldo Nice to see a new squad working in arena!

@speeed Hey man, if you were to replace GS in the future, which toon would you use? I mean, like, Leia... Is Leia better than GS when paired with SF? Have you tested other options... or GS is still the best dps for that spot in Rex (L) / RG / SF / Rey setup... Thanks in advance.

I like GS over Leia. I have also tried QGJ but GS is better here. I put on that bug crit damage mod and offense mode and speed mod. He hits like truck and crit for 20000. :D
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @ronoaldo Nice to see a new squad working in arena!

@speeed Hey man, if you were to replace GS in the future, which toon would you use? I mean, like, Leia... Is Leia better than GS when paired with SF? Have you tested other options... or GS is still the best dps for that spot in Rex (L) / RG / SF / Rey setup... Thanks in advance.

I like GS over Leia. I have also tried QGJ but GS is better here. I put on that bug crit damage mod and offense mode and speed mod. He hits like truck and crit for 20000. :D

@SpeeedDarkwalkers
    I could only throw the health mods at him so far. Dont have the team to get the other mods (need rebels for speed as well.)

However, I did put crit chance on him and sometimes he can get 3 full turns before anyone else goes. That bug is a machine gun.

Best string chain ever was:
    Phasma Lead

GS goes and crits, Phasma march, GS goes and crits, GS goes again, QGJ calls assist calling gs who crits, GS goes, rey goes calling GS as assist who crits, gs goes again.

It was so entertaining to watch it felt like a parody of itself.
  • Toukai wrote: »
    It's mainly dodge leads on our shards so it's very boring. Speed and Ronoaldo don't run that though so ther are a few of us that try to have fun lol.

@SpeeedDarkwalkers
    I would love to run another team. Unfortunately, I leveled Dooku + rey/qgj/gs/RG. At this point, as a pure f2p, I am too heavily vested to try and make another team. Add mods into that fact and now I dont have enough resources to even begin gearing a rebel team, or clones, or any other fun looking team.

I want to try an Ackbar rebel team, but the time, cost, and effort to gear them would make me fall behind my top30 spot if I neglect my Dooku team for even a week. It sucks, but that's f2p.

Do you have leia? If you have then QGJ(L), Leia, RG, Rey and GS. Try this its real fun. And believe me you will not fall out of 20.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited August 2016

@SpeeedDarkwalkers

Do you have leia? If you have then QGJ(L), Leia, RG, Rey and GS. Try this its real fun. And believe me you will not fall out of 20.
    @SpeeedDarkwalkers
    I have been working on her, actually. Just got her to 6* but she is only g7. I was leveling her for my rebel team, but she has such low hp at this point that without full lvl 15 hp mods I am pretty sure she wont survive. I also need a speed mod, but I havent seen one in over 2 weeks.

@SpeeedDarkwalkers
    I could only throw the health mods at him so far. Dont have the team to get the other mods (need rebels for speed as well.)

However, I did put crit chance on him and sometimes he can get 3 full turns before anyone else goes. That bug is a machine gun.

Best string chain ever was:
    Phasma Lead

GS goes and crits, Phasma march, GS goes and crits, GS goes again, QGJ calls assist calling gs who crits, GS goes, rey goes calling GS as assist who crits, gs goes again.

It was so entertaining to watch it felt like a parody of itself.

Mine too all are health mods but primary stats are offense speed and crit damage.

@SpeeedDarkwalkers

@SpeeedDarkwalkers
    I have been working on her, actually. Just got her to 6* but she is only g7. I was leveling her for my rebel team, but she has such low hp at this point that without full lvl 15 hp mods I am pretty sure she wont survive. I also need a speed mod, but I havent seen one in over 2 weeks.

Good, Level her up and try you will love her :D
  • If you want to check my mods here is my ally code 377-961-559.
  • A Dooku led team of Maul/Sid/Vader/RG would have fun with any team that has 3 Jedi... Unfortunately, that team stinks against everything else :smile:
  • It's mainly dodge leads on our shards so it's very boring. Speed and Ronoaldo don't run that though so ther are a few of us that try to have fun lol.

Yeah, same playing against your team and Ronoaldo's when I get a chance. I really like the Rex lead, had to switch to that when droids showed up cause they wrecked my AA team (wasn't even close). I tried a qgj lead for awhile that I used Ben with speed mods on, he was close to 220 speed it was fun but didn't hold well.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Yeah, I fought with that QGJ lead team and I was like **** old ben goes before anyone.. hahah lol :D
  • Yeah he was going before JE on the droid teams for a day or so before they put speed mods on him lol.
  • vynn wrote: »

That's such a solid 4 that you could literally plug in just about any solid 5th and do quite well. Personally, I've been running OB with SF (modded their speed to be equal) to protect his taunt. That could provide further flexibility of swapping out RG for someone.

Indeed! Interesting point about OB and SF with same speed! Would you mind informing us the exact speed you are running on both? Considering they are both slow characters, should be around 160~170 perhaps?
    Do or do not...
  • vynn
    205 posts Member

@vynn

Without OB as lead, same deal. Dooku stun Aayla, Dooku focus fire Anakin. Without dodge, just QGJ purge Han when he taunts. OB's one trick pony ability doesn't even slow me down. When anakin dies, I keep Aayla the primary focus of Dooku/Rg and then blow up Rex with rey. Team literally just falls apart.

Hmm, when I run a similar team, I just use Rex to convert Dooku stuns and any other debuffs into turn meter and enjoy stun immunity for 3 turns. As long as OB is able to block abilities, 2 or 3 are dead before I've lost anyone. I guess we can just agree the AI is awful though and turns otherwise strong teams into easy wins.
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    My current team btw (not running Aayla).

https://swgoh.gg/u/vynn/
  • @ronoaldo Nice to see a new squad working in arena!

20k uow! An opinion like that makes me continue to love my GS even more :smile:
    Do or do not...
  • vynn
    205 posts Member

That's such a solid 4 that you could literally plug in just about any solid 5th and do quite well. Personally, I've been running OB with SF (modded their speed to be equal) to protect his taunt. That could provide further flexibility of swapping out RG for someone.

Indeed! Interesting point about OB and SF with same speed! Would you mind informing us the exact speed you are running on both? Considering they are both slow characters, should be around 160~170 perhaps?

Just 118 & 120 speed currently. The key is just to get the ability block down to prevent SF taunt from being dispelled.
  • Wulfdane
    24 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I have never found Anakin to be much of a threat in any team, priority wise he's somewhere in the middle.
  • @SpeeedDarkwalkers @DarkDiggler do any of you guys fougth a WinKILLERinc team? He runs a crazy fast team, like, everyone goes one or two times before you move (at least before I move). He has Poe, Rey, Qui-Gon(L), Phasma and STHan. Double taunt, makes the team quite annoying. Poe taunts two or three times before you can kill him.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    Wulfdane wrote: »
    I have never found Anakin to be much of a threat in any team, priority wise he's somewhere in the middle.

Run into him at Gear Lvl XI and well modded?
    @SpeeedDarkwalkers @DarkDiggler do any of you guys fougth a WinKILLERinc team? He runs a crazy fast team, like, everyone goes one or two times before you move (at least before I move). He has Poe, Rey, Qui-Gon(L), Phasma and STHan. Double taunt, makes the team quite annoying. Poe taunts two or three times before you can kill him.

Yeah, fought with him too many times but I never had a problem with his team. My toons are speedy so poe taunt and get killed every time first or get dispelled by SF. Then easy peasy :D I will post some images if get chance to fight with him again.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited August 2016

@vynn

Hmm, when I run a similar team, I just use Rex to convert Dooku stuns and any other debuffs into turn meter and enjoy stun immunity for 3 turns. As long as OB is able to block abilities, 2 or 3 are dead before I've lost anyone. I guess we can just agree the AI is awful though and turns otherwise strong teams into easy wins.

@vynn
    Rex would have to be lead to stop the crits. Anny being lead just increases damage.

SF+RG pretty much is a death sentence to any f2p. Plus, every single one of them has over 40k+ hp, so even with bursty DPS they can absorb it through sheer hp+protection and then anny upping Aayla counter damage and 5s double tap.

Killing a fully geared and modded SF is a raid all it's own.

I am farming Anny myself (never got him) and I might get Aayla. The true terror of the group is SF but as f2p I can't get him. I could mimic it, but it'd have to throw like ST Han in his place. Not sure if that would be worth it.

Either way, Dooku+RG can keep anny+another jedi in perma stun. Althoguh, if Anny slips out and gets his freaking 20k+ AoE it can wreck a lot of people :)
  • vynn wrote: »

Over 150 speed SF is crazy :D
    @SpeeedDarkwalkers @DarkDiggler do any of you guys fougth a WinKILLERinc team? He runs a crazy fast team, like, everyone goes one or two times before you move (at least before I move). He has Poe, Rey, Qui-Gon(L), Phasma and STHan. Double taunt, makes the team quite annoying. Poe taunts two or three times before you can kill him.

Yep played him, but like speed didn't give me any problems. Cool team though i like it when people try different stuff.

Over 150 speed SF is crazy :D
    I went with tenacity on SF, might try speed since tenacity doesn't seem to help much at least on offense.
  • TerraArran
    341 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    5w38fc7b2kzw.gif
    Just get Geonosian Spy and one shot everybody because balance.