"Everyone can be beaten on offense" How?

please help me out and help me understand the best way to consistently beat anyone on offense. Ive been struggling recently when i get to around 20. People say defence is useless and anyone can be beaten - people saying that might not mean everyone past 20 is beatable but I’m f2p, broke, and need crystals so need to be able to beat anyone to steal #1 at payout whenever i can. I have free time at payout so can make sure i steal it fairly consistently, so advice on how to win consistently on offence at the top would be great.

I know its a bit of a dodgy question as different teams have different ways of being beaten and there is probably no one team I can use against any team as f2p. Im basically after any one team i can beef up to beat teams up until the very top, say top 10. I imagine using ST Han would be a good way to ensure i can’t beat almost all teams. I have him at g9 and hes always been a bit too low on hp, so i don’t know how to use him on offense. Any advice for good offensive teams with him in there would be good.

And then some advice on how to beat the teams at the very top of arena with good consistency would be great. I can’t really describe all the teams at the top of my shard but old ben is lead in almost all teams. From 20-10 old ben/han/RG is so common and can be tricky. My yoda is 6* and only good for tenacity then dead. Phasma is pretty much the only other lead, she is common generally. At the very top there is a lot of rex and maxed sun fac who can make things really hard. RG, fives, a couple of B2s, and then pretty much leia/qgj/rey. at the very least one of those is always present.

I haven’t fully modded my current team of phasma leia rey, qui-gon, RG, but it feels like they cannot get past the top teams. Along with those, my current toons i have maxed are

old ben
daka
st han

and then some probly useless ones for arena:

GS
teebo
ewok scout at 6*
ewok elder
dengar
barriss
Lumi

I have currency saved up in all shipments so can quickly farm anyone from all shipments to add to these toons. I just don’t have droids.

So please let me know if all teams at the very top are beatable at all by f2p, and advice on how to deal with all the best teams would be amazing

Replies

• Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Yea Rey QGJ and RG are pretty crucial. Put old Ben as lead in your squad? Maybe the other peeps just have better mods.
  • hyperXgen
    169 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    old ben as leader with rey, GS, QGJ and RG would be a very good team
  • With mods this isn't true anymore. A team without speed mods will not beat a team full of +30 speed.
  • If you can't figure this simple game out, if you can't do your own homework on stat sheets and experience playing, then you don't deserve #1. And what will you hear when you do ask for advise? Get the simple meta toons, dah.

• You say your ST Han is maxed, but you also say he's G9. G9 isn't maxed.

If people have much higher arena power than you, there's no magic bullet, especially if you don't have meta troops.
  • The difference in a g9 and g11 omega moded is daylight and dark.

You do not need to pay to play but keep leveling. You will get there.

The more max toons the more options to win.
  • @darthnoobage

How long have you been F2P? Or rather, when did you start playing?
  • Dwinkelm
    767 posts Member
    As f2p, you should be quite proud to finish in top 25. Like others have said, since mods came out, it's much more difficult to consistently best teams that are way over your power... Especially if they're full of speed mods. I've also found teams with crit-chance avoidance mods to really survive a long time too.
  • @Pokebreaker i started playing in february i think

@Scruffy_Looking he is maxed in stars and i could get him to g11 in a day and would be happy to gear him up if he can dominate. i just put him up there because he is as good as maxed if there is a way to win very consistently with him

@hyperXgen Is this for offense?. GS over leia?

@Nodisintegtations have a breather mate. its not that simple at the top of arena i believe. some p2p teams are hard to beat. i took #1 today. But i want to be able to do it very consistently. Itsharder right now with some disadvantage with mods. I don't want to know the same meta toons, i have them all pretty much, i want strategies that have reliable offensive ways of beating pretty much any team on offense, or small tips about how to use a certain team to beat some of the common teams.
  • @Dwinkelm its ok finishing top 20, its just not very profitable - if i can beat the top teams i can earn 500 crystals when i can camp out, its so much more than top 20.

i have speed mods for rey and qui-gon so far which help a lot
  • Rey GS RG QGJ you need
  • I don't understand the problem, I guess. You can finish #1 with characters that aren't actually maxed or fully modded, yet you want to know what people mean when they say anyone can beat anyone on offence?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Study the teams you cannot beat. Study order of attack. Understand their specials. Use speed mods to manipulate the first round. Use Ben/Han, where necessary. Use Phasma/RG where necessary. ST Han is godly on offense. With a max gear and modded ST Han, you can beat almost any team on offense with several combinations of your toons.

Just when it comes to specific teams, sometimes you need to make tweaks to handle that team. You can't just mod up and choose one squad that will do it all. You should tweak your main team to hold on defense best as possible against a variety of teams in your corner of the pond. And tweak and change it up when needed on offense. As dictated by the teams you cannot beat. You gotta be a lot more specific if you want specific help.
  • Sophos
    97 posts Member
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Study the teams you cannot beat. Study order of attack. Understand their specials. Use speed mods to manipulate the first round. Use Ben/Han, where necessary. Use Phasma/RG where necessary. ST Han is godly on offense. With a max gear and modded ST Han, you can beat almost any team on offense with several combinations of your toons.

Just when it comes to specific teams, sometimes you need to make tweaks to handle that team. You can't just mod up and choose one squad that will do it all. You should tweak your main team to hold on defense best as possible against a variety of teams in your corner of the pond. And tweak and change it up when needed on offense. As dictated by the teams you cannot beat. You gotta be a lot more specific if you want specific help.

This.

At that level you have to have awesome mods to stay on top. Max gear is a no brainer. Defense is hardest. Max Han...Taunt...Protect his taunt from toons like QGJ. It helps...a lot. Maybe swap Leia for RG? Problem with Han is that he is great when you are attacking, but on defense his taunt is easily removed. There is no sure way to stay on top at #1. If you're getting bored with your team, sorry but you don't really have a choice--you have to use the meta toons.

On my server #1 stays on top. His team:

HK-47, JE, B2, IG86, IG88
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I don't understand the OP's question. You are hitting #1, or able to come close to #1 daily. That's as good as it gets. In my shard, all of the top 20 teams are pretty rough. Highly modded teams are very rough. As some others have said, there is no longer the mantra that anyone can win on offense. There are a few teams that my team has no chance against. I avoid those. If they are in #1 that day, then I take #2.

The basis of the question in this post is no longer valid in my opinion -- there is no team that can beat every team anymore.

EDIT: I wanted to note that the team that I cannot beat is the droid team specifically described above -- HK, JE, B2, 86, and 88. If the droid team has RG over B2 or the jawa, then I can beat them. But that's the team that there are 2 of regularly in top 5, and it's extremely hard to beat. However, some of my guildmates who run it say it has no chance against clones. So that furthers to me that there is no #1 team. A beats B, B beats C, C beats D, and D beats A.
  • To come back to this thread -

I can beat most teams. if they dont have p2w toons i can pretty much beat anyone. ob1 and han can be tricky but i can beat them most of the time. But there are a lot of p2w toons who can make things very difficult. sun fac and b2 can ruin consistent ways to win. B2 is generally a very scary toon and i avoid, i need a way to beat him reliably those toons are becoming more common on my shard.

@Minowara That is my question - can i beat everyone consistently and who do i need to do it - your answer is no. You might be right but im not so sure. At the moment i can sometimes beat even the mobiest of ****, but i do lose often. i think there must be a way to beat any single team anyone can put out, you just need the right toons to take out that team. I am happy with being top 20 or thereabouts, but i need the crystals. coming 11th will get me 200 crystals and 1st will get me 500. its a big difference and i want to be able to get those crystals when i'm free at payout

@LastJedi thanks for the advice - i know my question was kind of vague but that was what actually helped. @Sophos thanks too. I have tried to manipulate the order of turns with mods and it has helped the past few days, i have beaten all the teams in my shard although i feel ive had good rng. I suppose i sort of was trying that before but your advice was well said and really clear and helped a lot, and i have geared han. Would you suggest any toons i may need to add to be able to tweak my team in the face of certain opponents?

@LastJedi @Sophos I'm waiting on one more furnace reward for han to gear 11 so have started trying him on offense but need to find how he best fits vs different teams given my current squad of toons. do you think i can beat any team with decent consistency by swapping toons in and out, given all the meta guys i have now? The reason i ask this is because although the teams at the top of my shard have maxed characters, and i have dealt with them decently well up until now, i feel that they could be modded more and my toons could be outclassed when they are. Any other toons i may need? for example maybe i need someone like plo koon for double tank teams where the tanks have 80k hp and protection, with B2, and then damage dealers, they can so easily just trap you if you dont get the right rng, or even worse, if whales have much better mods. Droids give me grief too. All my characters have +30 speed mods right now so i have had an advantage there and have been able to manipulate phasma to use victory march quickly, but i feel it wont be so easy when everyone else gives their characters better mods.

Ive been thinking about farming anakin aayla and fives, but its such a commitment especially now cantina energy is so valuable, and i have a feeling theyre going to try and make it even more valuable too. That does look like a pretty lethal trio and maybe they can deal with some of the whale teams on offense
  • ARO
    70 posts Member
    [...] But there are a lot of p2w toons who can make things very difficult. sun fac and b2 can ruin consistent ways to win. B2 is generally a very scary toon and i avoid, i need a way to beat him reliably those toons are becoming more common on my shard.
    [...]
    In theory, wouldn't Eeth Koth be a good counter to B2?
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Old Ben lead sth QGJ Rey RG should get u to the promised land of 500 crystals mod so old Ben does mind tricks before sth taunt ability block enemy dispellers and your good to go
  • Sun Fac dispels on his basic.