Are dispels resistable??

godgiven45
1093 posts Member
Why do dispels like taunt removal never resisted?
I thought that is what tenacity is for.
It is my understanding that even if your tenacity is 0 you still have a 15% chance to resist negative effects.
Well removing my buffs like taunts seems pretty negative.
So I ask why aren't dispels resistable?
I should be able to use tenacity mods on stormtrooper han or rg and keep him from getting dispelled. Same thing for like leia. I should be able to bump up her tenacity and be able to keep her stealth against b2.
It would be nice to hear back on this bug/issue

Replies

• godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    No one else feels the same way? Or is everyone fine with qgj being on every team because his taunt dispel is irresistible? Seems pretty dumb
  • MalEliza
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Dispel can't be resisted. It's working as intended. A dev posted that somewhere. I agree with you however, that dispel not being resistable is kind of boring.
  • Options
    Well if that's the case boooo!
    We got characters that can do unavoidable damage and that's supposed to give them something special.
    This is just crap if dispels can't be resisted. Is it laziness?
    They made turn meter reduction and everything else resistable but not the dispel.
    I guess we are stuck having every opponent with qgj. How freaking boring.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Of the top of my head Ventress, Teebo, B2, Echo, Mace. Not sure if I forgot a character.
  • Options
    QGJ humbling blow dispel gets resisted 1/10 times. Had it happen several times when trying to remove a taunt from STHAN or RG. Or that is a bug, I don't know.
  • Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    QGJ humbling blow dispel gets resisted 1/10 times. Had it happen several times when trying to remove a taunt from STHAN or RG. Or that is a bug, I don't know.

Ooohwee. The only way it wouldn't dispel is if they dodged the attack altogether.
  • TerraArran
    341 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Nope...they changed it because of Tenacity Up which makes a toon completely immune to negative effects. It would have been better if it was changed like Tenacity Down which now makes enemies less likely to resist negative effects, but they did not...now its only possible to avoid dispels.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »

Ooohwee. The only way it wouldn't dispel is if they dodged the attack altogether.

@Jambiiiiiiiii
    Ooohhwweee! IM MISTER MEESEEKS LOOK AT ME!!!
    maxresdefault.jpg

But yea, Dispel from QGJ won't go off if he is dodged
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    MalEliza wrote: »
    Dispel can't be resisted. It's working as intended. A dev posted that somewhere.

Couldn't of said it better myself.
    Not a bug, sooo, ditto!

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
This discussion has been closed.