New Girl Needs Squad Assessment

Embo
39 posts Member
Hi everyone! I'm not a gamer, but I sure love GOH. I had to learn the lingo like nerf and toon, but I'm getting it. Would someone give me some feedback on my PvP squad? I can't get past a 350 rank in the arena. I know I screwed up in the beginning and was spreading my eggs in all sorts of baskets so I'm still trying to fill the gaps I created. OK, here's what I got:

Leader: Lvl 60 4* Phasma (will be 5* tomorrow) lvl VII gear + 1 slot filled, lvl 5 leader ability, lvl 3 basic and victory march, lvl 4 fusillade

Lvl 60 5* Sidious (will be 6* tomorrow) lvl VII gear + 4 slots filled, lvl 5 leader ability and basic, level 4 unique and demoralizing blows

Lvl 60 5* Asajj lvl VII gear + 4 slots filled, lvl 5 leader ability and basic, level 4 strike fear, level 3 endless wrath

Lvl 60 4* Barriss lvl VII gear + 4 slots filled, level 4 leader ability, basic, and special, level 3 unique

Lvl 60 4* Daka lvl VI gear + 5 slots filled, all attacks and abilities at level 3

My other notable toons :)
Lvl 60 5* Lumi lvl VI gear + 5 slots filled, level 4 leader, level 5 heal, level 3 basic and force blast
Lvl 60 5* Talia lvl VII gear + 3 slots filled, level 4 leader and harrowing assault, level 5 basic, level 3 water of life
Lvl 60 4* Ahsoka lvl VII gear + 3 slots filled, all attacks and abilities at level 3
Lvl 60 4* Chewie lvl VI gear + 5 slots filled, level 3 defiant roar, all other attacks and abilities at level 5
Lvl 60 2* Leia lvl VI gear + 3 slots filled, level 5 unique, level 4 basic, level 3 leader and "disappear"
Lvl 60 4* Datcha lvl VI gear + 3 slots filled, level 3 basic, level 4 special, level 2 leader and unique
Lvl 53 4* Lando lvl VI gear + 5 slots filled, all attacks and abilities at level 3
Lvl 52 4* Vader lvl VI gear + 4 slots filled, level 2 leader, all other attacks and abilities at level 3
Lvl 50 3* Han lvl V gear + 5 slots filled, level 2 leader, all other attacks and abilities at level 3

I also have FO stormtrooper, Nightsister Initiate, Nightsister Acolyte, Jawa, JC, Royal Guard, FOTP, Luke, Ewok Scout, CUP, Clone Sergeant, Snowtrooper, Teebo, Stormtrooper, Jedi Knight Guardian, IG-86, Greedo, Geonosian Soldier, and Resistance Trooper

Any suggestions for my core team? Any suggestions on who to focus on gearing up first? Those mk IV laptops are killing me. I need about 500 of them! Are there some diamonds in the rough in my "other toons" list? Actually, I'll take any suggestions! Thanks for the help! I've read through a lot of the threads and it's been super useful. Love the game!

Replies

• Options
    Lose Bariss, she hits like a wet noodle.
    Use Lumi instead, she hits way more, her force blast special has ability block and she has a heal that continues for subsequent turns. Lumi is also infinitely easier to star up in GW shipments.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    You could probably run an Aoe team, Sid, Lando phasma(?) and Vader, maybe Lumi to heal or Han for turn meter.

Lando is really sweet, hopefully he becomes farmable in the future, I'd love to have him

I also agree, start working on your Lumi, drop Bariss
  • Options
    Hiya, welcome to the forum.
    You did not waste anything, you just have lots to do now. Lumi and Datcha are two keys in a good base, between them you have heals and some utility for all aspects of the game.

After tomorrow Datcha will be able to go to gear 9.. Fear her stuns.

In any case, you have a great base going, glad your having fun!
  • Embo
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the feedback and yes, I'm having loads of fun! After I promote Phasma tomorrow, I'll switch back to buying shards for Lumi in GW shipments. And yes, Barriss does hit like a wet noodle LOL! I feel like I wasted credits leveling up Leia. I saw so much complaining about her on the forums so it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I also feel like I wasted level III ability mats on lesser toons. I could have had all my core team and B team abilities at level 5 by now. That's where the "eggs in all sorts of baskets" comment came from.

My biggest problem right now is I'm sorely lacking credits. I didn't know about the Retreat option in GW until recently so I missed out on scoring lots of credits.

So is it pretty much a consensus that Lando is worthwhile? What about Vader? He seems pretty formidable if he went up against a predominantly Jedi team. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Lando is like Leia, you can only upgrade with chromium cards, so it comes down to the $$.
  • Options
    I love that the common name for bariss lightsaber is wet noodle