QGJ Humbling Blow Problem?

Prev1
So, I was just in an arena match, and twice my QGJ's humbling blow dispelled a buff, and both times Offense Up was not applied to my team. Am I missing something? My team didn't have any debuffs. Anyone else experiencing this or similar?

Replies

• The opposing toon deflected QGJ
  • You need to upgrade QGJ'S potency.
  • I thought potency applied to whether or not the buff was dispelled. So in the case of it being resisted, it should function as a regular attack, leaving the buff on the opponent. In this case my humbling blow did in fact dispell the opponent, twice.
  • I agree. Dispelling Dodge chance up does not grant offence up. Bit silly
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I thought potency applied to whether or not the buff was dispelled. So in the case of it being resisted, it should function as a regular attack, leaving the buff on the opponent. In this case my humbling blow did in fact dispell the opponent, twice.

potency isnt a factor in dissspelling a taunt. HB can only get dodged/evaded/deflected (same thing with different names). Never seen a HB be resisted, the only thing where potency/tenacity is a factor.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    I thought potency applied to whether or not the buff was dispelled. So in the case of it being resisted, it should function as a regular attack, leaving the buff on the opponent. In this case my humbling blow did in fact dispell the opponent, twice.

potency isnt a factor in dissspelling a taunt. HB can only get dodged/evaded/deflected (same thing with different names). Never seen a HB be resisted, the only thing where potency/tenacity is a factor.

Yeah, in this case the buffs were dispelled, so the criteria of the ability was met, and therefore should have applied offense up to my team. It worked fine on my four previous fights, so this is the first time I have seen this happen.

• Each toon has a % chance to resist specials
  • Sparhawk66 wrote: »
    Each toon has a % chance to resist specials

What I'm getting at is, if the dispel part of humbling blow was successful, why wouldn't the buff apply to my team?
  • Because the toon QGJ is targing deflect his blow
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Sparhawk66 wrote: »
    Each toon has a % chance to resist specials

deflect* specials - determines the chance to evade special abilities - 2% for every character (correct me if i'm wrong)
    They also got a x% chance to resist(ward off) detrimental effects(determined by potency/tenacity, minimum 15% chance to resist), but non of that actually plays a roll in dissspelling a taunt with humbling blow.
  • There are loads of humbling blow problems and glitches. Eventually a fix may potentially come out if the devs can be bothered to finally look into them.
  • Potency vs. tenacity is the factor that decides if a negative debuff is applied
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    There are loads of humbling blow problems and glitches. Eventually a fix may potentially come out if the devs can be bothered to finally look into them.

pretty much this yes. I'm not that bothered by it honestly. Doesnt happen much in arena.
  • leef wrote: »
    There are loads of humbling blow problems and glitches. Eventually a fix may potentially come out if the devs can be bothered to finally look into them.

pretty much this yes. I'm not that bothered by it honestly. Doesnt happen much in arena.

Yeah, this is the first I've seen it. But it happened twice in a single match so it stood out more.
  • Omg... just upgrade QGJ'S potency to over 60%. You won't have a problem with Humbling Blow
  • It's not a potency issue. Just try to dispel dodge chance up. Succeed in that and see if you get offence up. The answer.........
    No
    Omg... just upgrade QGJ'S potency to over 60%. You won't have a problem with Humbling Blow

Funny story, I just checked my QGJ potency, and it's 63.85%, yet my issue still occurred as previously described.
  • Pokebreaker
    734 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Sailstreet wrote: »
    It's not a potency issue. Just try to dispel dodge chance up. Succeed in that and see if you get offence up. The answer.........
    No

So which other ones aside from Dodge Up don't grant the buff upon dispel? In my case, it Defense Up the first time, then again on Offense Up + Defense Up.
  • I've done it before. Would rather save humbling blow for someone who doesn't have evasion up.
    When push comes to shove though, my QGJ is going to prove his worth.
  • It can also happen if you're facing a team with QGJ, if he's just used HB to grant the AI team offence up and you try to dispel that then it might not work. This is a problem that I've been having for the past couple weeks now yet never had an issue with this before, and even now it doesn't happen all the time and sometimes I get the buff but more often than I'd like, it fails. And before anyone says, no it wasn't dodged because Rey still took a heap of damage and lost the buff, and the game even tells you when something is resisted/dodged/deflected and that did not occur so clearly there is some issue with it not working, it's supposed to dispel buffs and grant offence up that's what the moves description says so if they're gonna pick and choose what buffs this and does and doesn't work on then the devs need to make that clear in game because this is ridiculous. It never fails when used against me, it's even gotten rid of defence up in the past and given the team the buff which has never worked for me
  • :( up your QGJ potency. Won't have an issue with Humbling Blow
  • PO-TEN-CY.
    Say it with me.
    You want your toons to inflict or debuff?
    PO-TEN-CY
  • Did you actually hit the target? The only time this happens to me is if QGJ debuffs the target but doesn't actually hit it.
  • My QGJ potency at 67% atm. He rarely misses dispel with Humbling Blow
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    @Sparhawk66 repeating it a 100 times that its a potency issue doesnt make it true. Please stop spreading missinformation. Thanks.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/575116/#Comment_575116
    My QGJ potency at 67% atm. He rarely misses dispel with Humbling Blow
    Bro. Potency no longer affects that move. Developers stated it. Dispel is either missed/deflected or it succeeds. It used to effect it. Not anymore.
    Sailstreet wrote: »
    It's not a potency issue. Just try to dispel dodge chance up. Succeed in that and see if you get offence up. The answer.........
    No

So which other ones aside from Dodge Up don't grant the buff upon dispel? In my case, it Defense Up the first time, then again on Offense Up + Defense Up.
    Also uhm, dispelling evasion up off old Ben doesn't grant offense up. I could've sworn I dispelled a defense up and didn't get anything one time aswell. Those are the only two I think..
  • I don't have a problem with my QGJ, all I'm saying
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Sparhawk66 wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with my QGJ, all I'm saying

No, that is not "all you're saying". You say you don't have a problem with QGJ because you modded him with potency, and that simply isnt true.
  • Max10
    43 posts Member
    Tried to dispel speed up on 86 and it turned it to speed down and no offense up.
  • So my QGJ is potent. Sue me.