5* - 7* Hoth Rebel Scout?

i was looking at his skills and it seems like he could be very useful

1st ability: 25% chance to give all allies 25% turn meter
2nd ability: 40% to stun as well as 100% turn meter on critical hit
3rd ability (pretty niche): gain 45% turn meter when an empire enemy is defeated

adding on to this he has INSANE speed.
the only characters faster than him are: dooku, sidious, leia, and nute gunray

he also has pretty good health

so is he a useful toon? or should i leave him alone?

Replies

• Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    Ive geared him out and have him at 5*. Like you, I saw potential in his kit. When combined with Leia, I would assume he could crit/stun, gaining 100% turn, then basic attack for the 25% chance to give the whole team turn meter. Since this combo could happen very early, it could be enough to set your whole team up for early attacks. This would make Han viable again, and could be the key to a full Rebel teams success.

However, so far, he has been fail, fail, fail, and my Rebel team has gone squish, squish, squish.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    Ive geared him out and have him at 5*. Like you, I saw potential in his kit. When combined with Leia, I would assume he could crit/stun, gaining 100% turn, then basic attack for the 25% chance to give the whole team turn meter. Since this combo could happen very early, it could be enough to set your whole team up for early attacks. This would make Han viable again, and could be the key to a full Rebel teams success.

However, so far, he has been fail, fail, fail, and my Rebel team has gone squish, squish, squish.

awww ok then ahaha
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Pilot wrote: »

But why? Numbers look good, what happens?
  • Options
    One of hardest teams I faced was Akbar (L) Han, Reb Scout, Luke, Dooko. Akbar as lead gave team extra speed and they all went 1st. Dooko stunned my Lum, Reb Scout hit, Luke crit hit special, Han Taunted, Akbar passed his hit back to Luke which hit hard and killed one of my heroes. Down 1 and 1 stunned I had only 3 hits on Han and with their turn meter advantage the near all Reb team quickly put mine away.
    I'm lvl 60 and all geared 7

I think potential is there with proper synergy for Reb team no doubt.
  • Options
    Don't tell me my rebel effort will all be in vain
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    Currently Ackbar Leader speed DOES NOT work in Arena. Therefore, Leia attacks, Scout tries to do his thing (so far from my testing, he has NOT proc'd the turn meter), then the enemy team (With Poe) kills all of the Rebels on turn 2 except for maybe 2 of them remaining.

If Han had +3 speed in his stats (or +1 at 70), the Rebel team would be great (since with a round 1 hero (Leia)) opening turn 1, allowing Han to fit into turn 2. Sadly this isnt the case. The only way to get Han into round 2 is with the 25% chance on Scout (which has not happened in my testing), or for CG to fix/enable Ackbars leader skill in Arena.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    I want this guy on my team. I think a rebel team would be a killer squad.
  • Vader_Be_Hatin
    41 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I run a Rebel Squad with Ackbar (Leader) Han, Luke, Biggs and Luminara (Han Support). I am waiting for the day they actually make Ackbars' leader ability work. Rebel Scout works good for me but I run Biggs now. He hits hard, and is easier and faster to farm to 7 than Rebel Scout, that is the only reason why Rebel Scout is on the bench, I really like his stun, slow farming though.