Heroic Raid Problems

Yudoka
1274 posts Member
Our guild finally decided to take the plunge into doing T7 and we were pretty surprised. We thought we'd have to struggle but instead we're finding ourselves in a situation where we have to greatly limit ourselves in order to make sure everyone in the guild has a chance to tag in. We've never had this issue with T6 as it would generally take us at least into midnight and often the first reset. It's so weird how what's supposed to be the hardest challenge is the one where the challenge is not to finish it too quickly. I hope the next raid is better balanced than this.
They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.

Replies

• TreTuna
    155 posts Member
    Welcome to T7...
    461-112-993
    Looking for allies level 40+
  • Our 1st go was the opposite. You probably waited too long.
  • Gokan
    91 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    How long was it taking you to clear a T6?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    we are fortunate enough that we dont finish the entire raid with 1 attack per member . Our only rule is 1 attack in the first 24hours, after that free for all. That way everyone who logs on atleast once every 24h gets the raid rewards.
    ps. alot of ghost damage on P1 helps alot with not clearing the raid with 1 attack each ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Gokan wrote: »
    How long was it taking you to clear a T6?

At the very end it was in a single refresh.
    Hulksmah wrote: »
    Our 1st go was the opposite. You probably waited too long.

Yeah, I'm sure we did. It's actually about 6 or so of our members that do the really high damage with the rest doing only a fraction. Several of our guys can easiely solo P1 and that's what we're doing on rotation to make sure everyone gets a shot at the top spot. If someone thinks they can solo (or nearly so) P1, we just put them rotation to do so. We ask everyone else to wait until P1 is over before getting their one attack in.
    leef wrote: »
    we are fortunate enough that we dont finish the entire raid with 1 attack per member . Our only rule is 1 attack in the first 24hours, after that free for all. That way everyone who logs on atleast once every 24h gets the raid rewards.
    ps. alot of ghost damage on P1 helps alot with not clearing the raid with 1 attack each ;)

We're trying to do the same rule but are putting out too much damage. We still have 10 members that haven't tagged Rancor and he's almost dead in P4. We'll likely move towards sending in a single weak unit for the first 24-hours just to get on the board with minimal damage in order not to finish the raid too quickly. This isn't me bragging about how 1337 we are but rather acknowledging the issue with what is supposed to be the most challenging raid.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Hey are you in the Ajax guild? This sounds exactly like my experience. We just started doing Heroic raids last week and they turned out very easy for our guild.

We instituted the 24 hr rule but we didn't even last that long this time because by the time guild members all got attacks in after Phase 1 was done, the whole raid got completed.

Not complaining though because the Heroic raid rewards are so much better, plus you get Han Solo shards. :D
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    No. Our guild is Heroes of Empire. I'm the leader but that's mainly in just the title. We have a pretty cooperative council. The quickness with which even a single full attack from each player causes is why we're going to move to just a "touch" rule. Heck, there are people out there that can solo the entire raid (non in our guild but we do have some very heavy hitters).
  • Yep, we are figuring out how to make sure everyone can play. Hi Yudoka!

Despite our T7 problems we are recruiting. Come join us and share the loot :)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/59772/88-lead-changes-to-dot-application#latest
    Collaborative T7 guild looking for active members. Details here or PM me.
  • RWTD_Burn
    141 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    We've had to find creative ways to limit the damage we do without having people tank their score. The obvious one is 1 attack per person the first 24 hours but that's not enough. The next step we took was to have a group that does phase 1 all at the same time but none of them finish their attack. Once that group of 8 - 10 have all got the damage they want, they all end their battle at the same time. (Use an app like LINE or Groupme makes it a lot easier to coordinate). Many of these scores will reach 2 million but it will only take the Rancor down to the end of Phase 1, leaving all of phase 2-4 for everyone else to attack once. This will work for a long time for most guilds. Sadly we are now to the point that we will still kill the Rancor before everyone can take their one attack so we might have to do a controlled attack for Phase 2 as well.

RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • Have your heavy hitters wait until the current phase they are in to die after next phase starts, you need to waste damage now on these raids, plus heavy hitters can still get great score but not take away from raid to save more for the rest of guild members.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    It's pretty darn amusing how the real challenge of T7 is to NOT finish it lol
  • quite surprised when knowing op realize it today...
    yes high tenacity and damage, but hp are the same to t5 rancor(back then) eh even someone mentioned that you need to beat t6 in 2 days time period just to make sure you can beat t7 without issue while the truth is...
    anyway congrats for beat t7 rancor.
    the cake is a lie
  • What guild are you in? I am he highest damage player in my guild on tier VI. We don't have the fire power to do VII, but I would like to join a guild that does
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    What guild are you in? I am he highest damage player in my guild on tier VI. We don't have the fire power to do VII, but I would like to join a guild that does

Here you go. You guys should give T7 a try though. You might be surprised on how easy it actually is.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/48390/collaborative-t7-guild-looking-for-new-members-empire-of-heroes-41-50#latest
  • We have a ton of people going in on ph1 so there is a lot of "ghost" damage. With everyone taking one attack, we get the raid to about half way through ph4. Twelve hours later we zerg to finish it off. This works very well for our guild. Right now our rank 20 is sitting at 1.5mil and our top guy is at 6.75mil. We still have over 3/4 of ph4 left for the zerg in the morning.

Give it a little time and you guys will settle in with your routine. We do not rotate or restrict players other than one initial attack and one final attack twelve hours later and we have no problems. Been doing this for months now. Good luck!