Mercenaries: a new game feature?

Scourge194
390 posts Member
edited August 2016
So you're a mid-level guild. You've been at that T5 for a week but you just can't seem to finish it. Who you gonna call? Mercenaries!

How I imagine it might work is, the guild pays ~30k in guild coins to hire a mercenary. Players must fulfill certain criteria to qualify as a mercenary. There is a board with job postings. Each mercenary gets the customary 5 tries, and they get to keep any loot.
Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.

Mercenaries: a new game feature? 45 votes

Yes, I could totally go for that
33%
darksideTheopiumHarmakhisVallisMarkatonaCarpeDiem007007Aycee1BoroSmoothputz1337vynnLievjackTHErandomIN_DarthJarJarSvetlinatorMartiniRhogrotesque_ah 15 votes
No, because...
66%
dano7591FAED_EmperorMegadeth3700LegoLegs_RogerMoore_007Ace5LeandrovvboeezSaralebBooRobbeRobbeRobbeDarthElizadanrussoaMrJx3cameronaitken56Scourge194caineSpecter0010LarfleezelRushl 30 votes

Replies

• No, because...
    They get to keep the loot? Wah!
  • Oooohwee. OP voting against his own suggestion?
  • No, because...
    Guild should live or die with their own results. I wouldnt be part of a guild that employed video game mercenaries.
  • danrussoa wrote: »
    Guild should live or die with their own results. I wouldnt be part of a guild that employed video game mercenaries.

Ooohwee. I've helped guilds with t7 a few times. Sometimes they bite off more than they can chew. Sometimes it's an officer accidentally starting the wrong raid. In the end, it is better for guys like me to jump in and give that little push at the end so everyone gets the rewards instead of that guild wasting 2 days worth of their guild bank. And I always return to my normal guild afterwards. It's a win-win situation for me and them.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    No, because...
    Next, we'll have arena mercenaries available for the low price of 99 crystals. Get an extra ally for one battle!
  • No, because...
    Oooohwee. OP voting against his own suggestion?

The devil needs advocates
  • Oooohwee. OP voting against his own suggestion?
    Oooooowee, I find it hilarious that you say that before every comment lol.
    I'm honestly considering starting a mercenary group on the side, because I am a peasant, and in need of coin.
  • No, because...
    Oooohwee. OP voting against his own suggestion?
    Oooooowee, I find it hilarious that you say that before every comment lol.
    I'm honestly considering starting a mercenary group on the side, because I am a peasant, and in need of coin.

Great idea! Mercs could be paid in credits (less EA sales tax of course), leaving all the raid loot for the guild
  • No, because...
    too easy to exploit
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Zooey wrote: »
    Next, we'll have arena mercenaries available for the low price of 99 crystals. Get an extra ally for one battle!

EA/CG would probably make it 1000 Crystals, lol
  • No, because...
    Don't like this one bit. However it would be nice to have a practice raid that is up at all times so you can go in and mess around with different lineups and test they're viability without wasting the tries on the real raid. No loot or anything of course just practice. That would help lower tier guilds get better at the raids which would be less problematic and make this idea irrelevant.
  • No, because...
    To incentivize players to remain in one guild and mitigate some known exploits associated with Guild Switching, there is now a 48 hour cooldown period where a player will not receive Raid rewards for a Raid completed within 48 hours of leaving the previous Guild.

I can only assume that the game makers have implemented this change in preparation for introducing "mercing" as an official game feature, as proposed in this OP. I cannot imagine that they would be so mean spirited as to stamp out as an "exploit", a practice which has been greatly beneficial to mid-level guilds.
  • No, because...
    Personally, again, I would rather not finish a raid then ask for outside help. The Patriots didn't try to get players from Seattle and the Chiefs when they knew they weren't going to make it. Their TEAM aka guild took the loss and will learn from it.