Mod battles = completely useless?

What is the point of mod battles, if anybody you fight in GW last nodes or arena (P2W guys) have tier 4/5 maxed out mods?

There is basically no point in doing mod battles to get level 1/2 mods, which are junk compared to level 3/4/5 mods acquired in mod challenges.

Oh and when mods 6/7 come out, then truly they will be obsolete.

Am I missing something here?
This needs to be fixed.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    its usefull for the players that arent able to beat the challenges.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    its usefull for the players that arent able to beat the challenges.
    this, tier 1/2 is better than nothing. i'm currently using them for potency until i got my empire team ready.
  • You're thinking as an endgame player. Mods open up at level 50, mod battles will be the only option for lower level players.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    You're thinking as an endgame player. Mods open up at level 50, mod battles will be the only option for lower level players.

True.
    I did not think of it in that sense.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    vector6000 wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    You're thinking as an endgame player. Mods open up at level 50, mod battles will be the only option for lower level players.

True.
    I did not think of it in that sense.

Yeah from top down they seem us less but from bottom up they probably work out great.

And I have to say they are great place holders when you want the set bonus before you have done tier 3 of the challenge. I've hit them up to get a certain shape in a pinch.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    And I have to say they are great place holders when you want the set bonus before you have done tier 3 of the challenge. I've hit them up to get a certain shape in a pinch.

Exactly. Of course, you have to complete the mod battles to unlock the challenges also. BUT, if you are trying to complete a set and need a specific shape, you can focus on that. Especially the left column mods that don't have a lot of options available for primary stats.

• they're also useful for getting potency % to raid-worthy levels (you don't need 5* for that). Speed primary, Potency primary, and Critical Chance/Damage primary stats in their respective slots represent a significant stat boost over an unmodded character. Just because they're inferior to 5* doesn't mean they're completely trash.

also, not everyone can complete every mod challenge, so if you want a specific set, you'll have to settle for 1-2* mods.

also, they're used to actually unlock the mod challenges, so they represent a small progression hurdle.