Getting tired of Phasma

I currently have a 5* phasma and enough tokens to take her to 6* but recently i havent been enjoying her as much and i dont even use her in arena. I just feel like 1) her leader ability is not working as often 2) they may add more to GW in a couple of wks 3) i feel like shes not worth taking to 7* and i like other leaders instead.
What do you guys think? Should i throw her back on the shelf or take her to 6*?

Replies

• She doesn't have to be your leader. Both her AoE's are significant and viable as a normal member.
  • If you don't like her, don't use her. It's very simple.
  • If you don't like her, don't use her. It's very simple.

I may not like something but if it may give me a competitive advantage i will still use it. I just dont know if shes worth taking further or if i should keep saving.
  • Mines 7 starred recently, and I have Kylo also at 6 stars, I use her as leader. Hardly ever get into top 10 because I use only my 5 allocated attacks and I get pushed back pretty low if I don't time my attacks properly. Mostly in the 20~50 bracket, I assume ppl are not intimidated by her and that's how I sometimes drop to around 60 once the rewards of the day are distributed.

If you have a high attack and low health team, she's pretty worthless. She does fine for my standard team of Lumi, 5s, Sid and Ren. You need to get through the 1st 3 waves to really take advantage of all that she has.

Unless, of course, we're talking about FO synergy.
  • Her leader ability works great if she is against me in GW or Arena. Every second attack got assist. But her ability sucks while I using her as my leader
  • I assume they wont add new toons to gw and cantina, it is time to boost arena shipments
  • Supposedly her double % for her First Order allie counter isn't working properly, but for me, she is amazing when paired with First Order Pilot and seems to work fine with him. If you ain't using her for her First Order synergies, then it might be best to try lvling up another character.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Enklave wrote: »
    Her leader ability works great if she is against me in GW or Arena. Every second attack got assist. But her ability sucks while I using her as my leader

^_^ This
  • That's fine, because Phasma told me she doesn't like you either.
  • Phasma is great with the right peeps. I lack any good FO toons currently but once i get my darth sidious and luminara to 7* im going to solely focus on creating the best FO synergy team possible for GW. Those extra turns are crucial to winning those later harder matches in GW something my current team cant do because they dont utilize phasma's leader ability that well because they are not FO.

I say keep her if you have the patience to eventually farm the FO Officer shards and the FOTP, and Kylo.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Phasma is a decent character. I don't use her as a leader since I like Sidious' Leader special better for my team. She's certainly not a total waste, she has an AOE and can be useful if you have a FO team like you mentioned.
  • Her extra attacks are not that special. You get 7 attacks for the price of 6. Sid's leader ability in terms of damage dealt would be about the same. But, if you have others that give extra attacks, then it synergizes a bit better. Using 5's special to have an assist and then seeing two others rush in and wreck a toon like FOTP does by himself is fun but doesn't happen that often. That's real synergy, though - abilities augmenting each other, not toons from the same movie.

5's can put on the slow debuff one at a time, but Phasma puts it on in bulk. Some toons can get advantage. Phasma gives it to all at once. Combine that with Poggle & you can do some big damage for a couple of turns. She hits like a noodle without advantage as the trade-off.

It is up to you if she fits in your team or not. I'd recommend her for bonus attack teams and squads that try to put in a lot of hurt really quickly.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • RAMifications
    189 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Two things are key with Phasma's proc: Luck, and charaters with BIG primary ability attacks (like FOTP). When you proc with a whimpy attack it is almost pointless unless said whimpy attack procs ability or healing block.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Two things are key with Phasma's proc: Luck, and charaters with BIG primary ability attacks (like FOTP).

Or special attacks. Bonus stuns are quite nice.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I stopped at 6* with her. I tried FOTP/Kylo combo but I could go an entire match without an assist but the next match she does as advertised.
    Bottom line for me she is not consistent enough. Additionally like you in Arena on defense I would drop so many spots in rankings with her showing as lead. I switched back with Sid or Luma lead and would hold spot nearly all day.
    I'm just 50-75 rank though. Don't use crystals to refresh.
  • I stopped at 6* with her. I tried FOTP/Kylo combo but I could go an entire match without an assist but the next match she does as advertised.
    Bottom line for me she is not consistent enough. Additionally like you in Arena on defense I would drop so many spots in rankings with her showing as lead. I switched back with Sid or Luma lead and would hold spot nearly all day.

My team currently is Phasma Lead, Luke, JC, Lumi, Sidious, do you recommend i switch out phasma for sidious because im starting to actually despise her assist ability it only works rarely and when it does you can bet it will be at a bad time!.
  • She is used in turn meter control groups. So you need to pair her with characters that do that and with high damage/assist characters. People put her as lead because the assist can also proc her leader ability.
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    She is used in turn meter control groups. So you need to pair her with characters that do that and with high damage/assist characters. People put her as lead because the assist can also proc her leader ability.

Exactly what i dont have yet phasma is my best leader atm. I'm considering just getting sidious leader skill to lvl 5 then using him for crits as i got luke who shines with crits increase.
  • i currently use her on a fairly new server

most are level 50+

one is 60

a few 57+

I'm usually ranked 3-15 but don't understand how. I have 3000-4000 less power then most top 20

I have zero synergy in my squad too lol

Phasma 5*
    Syd 5*
    Dooku 4*
    Rey 4*
    JC 5*

All have lvl 6-7 gear and high lvl abilities

** I also have 4* vader, maul, and others but hate they aren't farmable **

My team currently is Phasma Lead, Luke, JC, Lumi, Sidious, do you recommend i switch out phasma for sidious because im starting to actually despise her assist ability it only works rarely and when it does you can bet it will be at a bad time!.

Yes I switched my lead to Sid and it helped Luke's Critical hits immediately. Also as others have stated look for a solid replace for JC to invest in.

You are right about assist ability at a bad time. I typically go hard at Dooku from the start since he stuns/ counters/ double hits/ability blocks I want him out. So it never failed that if I hit him Phasma's assist would kick in for the 1st time all game and call in my character at near death when I have a heal from Lumi waiting very next turn.
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    People put her as lead because the assist can also proc her leader ability.
    Really? I've never seen this. It also seems in this last week, FOTP bonus attacks only fire one shot!! Could be bad RNG but am keeping an eye on it!
    --Nud Stark--