Advice for my #5 spot and team comp

I've just unlocked Kylo for my Counter/Assist/Multi-Attack team, so my 4 core players, with great synergy, are:
4* Phasma (L) - gear 6
4* CT-5555 "Fives" - gear 6
4* Kylo - Gear 6
4* Dooku - Gear 6

But who do I put in the fifth spot? Who fits this team comp the best (for offence AND defence)? My options are either:
4* Luminara - Gear 6 (for healing)
4* Sid - Gear 7 (for all out assault)
4* Lando - Gear 6 (AOE nukes)

I don't have her unlocked yet, but I'm also thinking of putting Daka in that 5th spot to try and generate stuns on Phasma generated bonus attacks...

Opinions?

Also, I'm curious to know your thoughts on this comp. How would you attack it in PvP? Does it seem solid and annoying to you, or would you be happy to face it?

Replies

• WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Sid. Go full offense. Most are learning that damage destroys defense. On my established server you won't find teams with healers in the top 10. Healers only delay the inevitable not prevent it. You will also hold rank much better going full offense. Awesome team btw.
  • Thanks. It was actually your "ftp team suggestion" post that got me to prioritize unlocking kylo for this build... ;)

So, in your opinion, would Daka be a scary healer/stunner to put in that #5 spot when I unlock her, or should I just focus on starring up CT-5555? They conflict in the Cantina shipments...
  • Fives! Daka is great for darkside missions...nothing much beyond that. To put daka in perspective I dont even have to target her to kill her in the first turn. My first two AOE's wipe her out everytime. Fives is a 14k HP huge nuisance at 60. And in a counter/assist/extra attack team he becomes extremely powerful.
  • Thanks WhipiT. Very helpful (as always)!
  • I would either go with FOST, or someone who affects turn meter like Poe or old Ben.

However I have to slightly disagree with @WhipiT. Lumi would be a solid choice too. Often she's able to heal up my Poe before he dies allowing for him to preserve my other toons. And her ability block comes in handy. I wouldn't slot in any other healer though as they don't hit hard enough to matter.
  • I actually do have a 3* FOST - gear 6, but despite his tankiness, 55% counter and chance-to-slow (very similar to Fives, honestly), I didn't put him in as an option because he still seems to hit like a wet noodle at 3* and I just figured if I was going to put in another attacker it may as well be sid.

But is it worth it to put him in instead of sid for the extra counters + synergy with Phasma, even if he hits less hard and does less AoE damage than sid?
  • I would either go with FOST, or someone who affects turn meter like Poe or old Ben.

However I have to slightly disagree with @WhipiT. Lumi would be a solid choice too. Often she's able to heal up my Poe before he dies allowing for him to preserve my other toons. And her ability block comes in handy. I wouldn't slot in any other healer though as they don't hit hard enough to matter.

I see your point. It was hard for me to let go of Luminara as well. But I was being knocked down from #1 spot in arena to rank 50ish overnight. I changed out Luminara and replaced her with a DPS and for past two days I dont fall past rank 15 and just steamroll every team I face. So proof is kinda in the pudding. The key to using Poe properly is having dps behind him that can kill 2-3 targets before Poe dies.
  • Is it worth it to keep trying to star up my FOST for this build? At this point I was just using him in GW and missions. Does he actually have utility in the Arena? I *never* see him there...
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    I would either go with FOST, or someone who affects turn meter like Poe or old Ben.

I see your point. It was hard for me to let go of Luminara as well. But I was being knocked down from #1 spot in arena to rank 50ish overnight. I changed out Luminara and replaced her with a DPS and for past two days I dont fall past rank 15 and just steamroll every team I face. So proof is kinda in the pudding. The key to using Poe properly is having dps behind him that can kill 2-3 targets before Poe dies.

When you put it that way I could get behind this then, maybe I'll swap her out in my defending team for kylo
    JayBeefed wrote: »
    Is it worth it to keep trying to star up my FOST for this build? At this point I was just using him in GW and missions. Does he actually have utility in the Arena? I *never* see him there...

I think you don't see him because #1 he's a hard shard farm, and #2 he's generic like FOTP and geo, people take time to get behind them until they see the value, ultimately he's in the top 10% for health resistance and defence, he has a great chance for counter attack, he's first order, and his attack has a chance to slow... He's a second 5's without the assist built in, but he's first order on a phasma team.

• I've been top 10 every day for a week and i have the worse team you could imagine talia is even in my squad but i put in dooku sometimes instead
  • I've been top 10 every day for a week and i have the worse team you could imagine talia is even in my squad but i put in dooku sometimes instead

I dunno man, the worst team I can image is pretty bad. Is it: Ewok Scout, Ugnaught, Jedi Knight Guardian, Lobot and Hoth Rebel Scout?
  • I got Sidious,Lumi,Talia,Boba,Fives and i sub in dooku for talia if i feel i need to and working on farming kylo and started on phasma but we'll have to see if anyone new comes in patch especially in arena because i have tons of tokens
  • Well, that's good to know.... Good luck!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    JayBeefed wrote: »
    I've been top 10 every day for a week and i have the worse team you could imagine talia is even in my squad but i put in dooku sometimes instead

I dunno man, the worst team I can image is pretty bad. Is it: Ewok Scout, Ugnaught, Jedi Knight Guardian, Lobot and Hoth Rebel Scout?

Compared to the other 4 guys you mention, Lobot is an all-star. Replace him with an snowtrooper and we have a deal
  • JayBeefed wrote: »
    I've just unlocked Kylo for my Counter/Assist/Multi-Attack team, so my 4 core players, with great synergy, are:
    4* Phasma (L) - gear 6
    4* CT-5555 "Fives" - gear 6
    4* Kylo - Gear 6
    4* Dooku - Gear 6

But who do I put in the fifth spot? Who fits this team comp the best (for offence AND defence)? My options are either:
    4* Luminara - Gear 6 (for healing)
    4* Sid - Gear 7 (for all out assault)
    4* Lando - Gear 6 (AOE nukes)

I don't have her unlocked yet, but I'm also thinking of putting Daka in that 5th spot to try and generate stuns on Phasma generated bonus attacks...

Opinions?

Also, I'm curious to know your thoughts on this comp. How would you attack it in PvP? Does it seem solid and annoying to you, or would you be happy to face it?

Go with Sid. His heal block is money and he does good damage. He is not made of glass either. This is similar to my team but I don't have Dooku or even Kylo yet. I run Poe and Lumi instead. Poe works nicely with fives. Fives slows 'em down and then Poe puts damage debuff on them - they aren't hurting me when they do finally get a turn! :smiley:

I would hit your Sid first as his heal block is a pain. I would slow and damage debuff Dooku and Kylo first and take them out first (Kylo when retribution wasn't on but he'd stay debuffed).
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi