Adimaral ackbar

Is admiral ackbar worth getting from squad battle shipments? He has that special ability where he can cleanse debuffs and negative status affects and also a small group heal. Is this special ability worth it?

Replies

• My brother is a completely free to play player and he swears by Ackbar. He just got him to 7 stars and has been as high as rank #6 in arena.
  • I like him, but he's a one-trick pony. He's effective on offence in Arena when facing Vader / Sid combo - as his heal / cleanse is huge. After that heal he's mostly useless as he is unlikely to get to cleanse again. I stopped leveling him after unlocking, though I still take him into Arena. He lives long enough to remove all the debuffs and save Lumi's big heal for later. Next turn I have him pass his turn, and then I don't care if he dies. He needs to be more useful on offence (if not damage, but maybe apply buffs / debuffs) to find use out of him every turn.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Don't underestimate his leader ability either if running a rebel team his speed boost gives them all quickness to go first.
    Akbar (L) Luke, Han, Hoth, Leia all leveled up is a sick **** team I have lost against and they had no healers. O you can sub Leia for a Lum/Sid/Dooku
  • Unless they changed something leadership speed bonuses don't apply to the first turn of a fight. And since high end pvp rarely lasts past the second round now days it's kinda lame.