Rancor slamming with taunt up

RuySid
38 posts Member
I just fought the Rancor (T5 - Phase IV) and while I was taunting with ST Han, he AOE slammed my whole team. I didn't tested it in PvP or PvE, but maybe they changed the way it works with the last update and I didn't see it in the update notes. This has been an important topic on the forums...

Replies

• RuySid
    38 posts Member
    "Fixed a bug where characters were not using abilities that would attack all enemies when on autobattle."

Could this be? The last line of the notes lol
  • RuySid wrote: »
    I just fought the Rancor..... he AOE slammed my whole team.

Erm, the answer is in the phrase "AoE".... AKA Area of Effect

Taunting / Stealth whatever will not save you from an AoE... unless you dodge!

• Lillegre wrote: »
    RuySid wrote: »
    I just fought the Rancor..... he AOE slammed my whole team.

Erm, the answer is in the phrase "AoE".... AKA Area of Effect

Taunting / Stealth whatever will not save you from an AoE... unless you dodge!

Wrong. Have you never played the Rancor raid before? Or any other aspect of the game involving a taunt?
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • RuySid
    38 posts Member
    The Rancor never used the slam if one of my toons were taunting. The same happened with every AOE ability. This changed today.
  • RuySid
    38 posts Member
    CONFIRMED: Characters will now use AOE abilities even if an enemy character is taunting. I just saw it on GW, ST Han was taunting and Sidious and Lando used their AOE skills. Interesting...
  • awesome fix. It's counterintuitive not to use aoe when you have an opposition taunt
  • This needs to be fixed to how it was oh wait I don't have any taunt toons at a competitive star level. Who cares.
  • Why fixing? Seems like a good thing for a change
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    It was broken before and has been fixed now. You'll start getting hit by AOEs now in arena when your RG taunts too
  • I would have never made it through some light side battles back in the beginning if not for this bug. Those fights where five stormtroopers would throw grenades right out the gate and wipe you out. Or the B2 droids would all AOE. Putting in a taunter saved me many a time lol.
  • MBL_66 wrote: »
    It was broken before and has been fixed now. You'll start getting hit by AOEs now in arena when your RG taunts too

I know, I love the change.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    I would have never made it through some light side battles back in the beginning if not for this bug. Those fights where five stormtroopers would throw grenades right out the gate and wipe you out. Or the B2 droids would all AOE. Putting in a taunter saved me many a time lol.

Lol yea, if I remember correctly they nerfed it like two days after I had spent multiple attempts to 3* it
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    HALLELUJAH!!! I can now use Lando! Finally a change i can get behind.
  • irishsheepdog
    107 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I just wish he wasn't eating my characters every battle...
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    MBL_66 wrote: »

This excites me. I've wanted to try AE teams in arena for a while (though granted I KNOW they're not best, but still). The thing that kept me from doing it was their complete impotence on defense when someone was taunting. Now that changes!!
    "Fixed a bug where characters were not using abilities that would attack all enemies when on autobattle."

Lando never uses his AOE on auto battle or with his AI, ever.
  • RuySid
    38 posts Member

Did you check it today with the new update? I fought a Lando in GW today and he used his AOE while my ST Han was taunting, as I wrote before...

Did you check it today with the new update? I fought a Lando in GW today and he used his AOE while my ST Han was taunting, as I wrote before...
    Yep, mine doesn't use it ever when I auto battle.
  • Aoe toons still work differently on defense and on offense I believe.

On offense, if u hit auto, toons like 88, lando will not aoe but under ai's control on def will
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I don't normally ever come up against one, though but if I have the opportunity I'll check.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Akiraine wrote: »
    Aoe toons still work differently on defense and on offense I believe.

On offense, if u hit auto, toons like 88, lando will not aoe but under ai's control on def will

It's I noticed change with the last update as well since my 88 stopped using his aoe so hopefully it's fixed later today
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Why would u expect a taunter to take 100% of the ae dmg lol... its why aes are so good to finish off a toon when the opposition thinks hes saved someone by taunting...
  • Phu_Zzy
    148 posts Member
    I like AOE attacks, with an IGD lead it's very satisfying watching all of your team counter a single target at once :D
  • RuySid
    38 posts Member
    Saraleb wrote: »
    Why would u expect a taunter to take 100% of the ae dmg lol... its why aes are so good to finish off a toon when the opposition thinks hes saved someone by taunting...

Wut?