Is it worth "Sandbagging" for Arena?

So if you choose not to claim daily rewards, and only focus on farming staple characters like Luminara, and Sidious.. and I guess now Poe and Poggle.


Do you think it's a good idea to "sandbag" for squad arena?

What this means is, you level at as slow of a rate as possible. Spending only energy on farming specific shards and not actually progressing.

You'd also choose to forfeit collecting certain daily rewards that award exp (the main rewards are exp)

But you'd still be able to do daily challenges, Galactic War, collecting mats and drones, without having to worry about leveling up.

You'd only level up from Normal/Hard missions, and Cantina, which you can limit yourself to only specific shards.



By keeping yourself at a low level, you will be on par with other low levels in squad arena.

Since high ranking in squad arena has by far the best rewards (150+ crystals) do you think it's worth sandbagging for as long as possible so when you hit 50 or 60, you don't run into 7 stars and lose advantages for months and months as you always strive to climb the ladder but will never actually catch up with people who will pay more or who've been playing longer than you?

By staying at a low level and maxing out what characters you already have, you can easily dominate squad arena from a low level like 42 and get the best rewards for as long as possible.


Thoughts?

Replies

  • I don't get it. How will you get low level players if you are low level in arena? When I started I had people 40 levels above me in my server, now we are all 60. I'm Fegularly top20 now and the guys in TOP 10 don't change( I know cause of names etc) so I don't understand your point. It is always good to level up
  • Reddplague
    766 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Arena is pointless to spend gems. Just use your five free battles. Everyone below rank 200 just sand bags to collect their prize. Unless your just below the next rank it's worth it to spend if you need. All smart players do exactly what your doing as far as mission if I reading your post correctly. I'm level 60 and I haven't complete all LS/DS missions. I'm only on 6D normal for both. All the gear I need can be found on all mission I've complete so far. As I need gear I'll complete those missions.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    The only reason I think it is worth keeping toons from being elevated is "I think" the game becomes more stingy with ability mats the higher your toons are.
  • I don't think this would work as I thought you got put into an arena with say 1000 people so while you stay level 40 they will level up and you won't be able to compete.

    Or did I read this wrong?
  • Rogerfan wrote: »
    I don't get it. How will you get low level players if you are low level in arena? When I started I had people 40 levels above me in my server, now we are all 60. I'm Fegularly top20 now and the guys in TOP 10 don't change( I know cause of names etc) so I don't understand your point. It is always good to level up
    I don't think this would work as I thought you got put into an arena with say 1000 people so while you stay level 40 they will level up and you won't be able to compete.

    Or did I read this wrong?

    When you first go into Arena, you don't see all the top 10 players as level 60. They are generally around your level.

    As you level up, your top 10 will probably vary depending on whose leveling up and who isn't.

    That's why when you first enter Arena, the top 10 aren't level 7 sids until after level 52 or so.
  • Reddplague wrote: »
    Arena is pointless to spend gems. Just use your five free battles. Everyone below rank 200 just sand bags to collect their prize. Unless your just below the next rank it's worth it to spend if you need. All smart players do exactly what your doing as far as mission if I reading your post correctly. I'm level 60 and I haven't complete all LS/DS missions. I'm only on 6D normal for both. All the gear I need can be found on all mission I've complete so far. As I need gear I'll complete those missions.


    You don't have to spend gems.

    What I mean is, what if i stay at level 42, and constantly farm shards to star up my characters but choose NOT to level up myself. I will remain competitive against other level 42s but will have an advantage since I've farmed more shards.
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    You clearly don't know how this game works.
    Even if you don't level, the rest of your server will.
    You'll always be able to see the top 10 if you go to squad arena and tap "ranking".
  • Forizen wrote: »

    When you first go into Arena, you don't see all the top 10 players as level 60. They are generally around your level.

    As you level up, your top 10 will probably vary depending on whose leveling up and who isn't.

    That's why when you first enter Arena, the top 10 aren't level 7 sids until after level 52 or so.

    Completely wrong. When you first start the game, you're added to an Arena leaderboard with a few thousand players who started at about the same time. You remain in that leaderboard forever, regardless of whether you level-up or not, and everyone in your arena is progressing at whatever rate they choose to. The reason the top 10 don't have level 7 Sids until they reach high levels is that it takes that much gameplay to farm one.
  • Yuri wrote: »
    You clearly don't know how this game works.
    Even if you don't level, the rest of your server will.
    You'll always be able to see the top 10 if you go to squad arena and tap "ranking".

    Thanks for the insult.


    The top 10 people on my server are level 44. I'm level 43, you're telling me no one in my server is level 60 and therefore can't make it to the top rank?
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    If you replaced "Arena" With Galactic Wars, this post might make sense.

    I am not positive, but I believe if you are lower level your galactic wars have lower level teams.

    But in arena, everyone else levels and you just won't be, thus making it harder to hold your rank.
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    Forizen wrote: »
    Yuri wrote: »
    You clearly don't know how this game works.
    Even if you don't level, the rest of your server will.
    You'll always be able to see the top 10 if you go to squad arena and tap "ranking".

    Thanks for the insult.


    The top 10 people on my server are level 44. I'm level 43, you're telling me no one in my server is level 60 and therefore can't make it to the top rank?

    I didn't insult you, but it's obvious that you don't know how it works.
    Even if you stay at your level, the other people will keep leveling, which is what everyone else here is trying to tell you but seemingly you can't understand for some reason.
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    Forizen wrote: »

    When you first go into Arena, you don't see all the top 10 players as level 60. They are generally around your level.

    As you level up, your top 10 will probably vary depending on whose leveling up and who isn't.

    That's why when you first enter Arena, the top 10 aren't level 7 sids until after level 52 or so.

    Completely wrong. When you first start the game, you're added to an Arena leaderboard with a few thousand players who started at about the same time. You remain in that leaderboard forever, regardless of whether you level-up or not, and everyone in your arena is progressing at whatever rate they choose to. The reason the top 10 don't have level 7 Sids until they reach high levels is that it takes that much gameplay to farm one.

    This is correct.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
Sign In or Register to comment.