Upcoming Omega Event

evanbio
1505 posts Member
So, the Omega event this weekend will involve Jawas, Ewoks, First Order, and Empire. Granted, we don't know how these will be broken up, but I'm trying to figure out the best method to prepare.

I have no Ewoks currently geared outside of Teebo. EScout and Elder are unlocked, but not progressed far enough to matter.

I have Jawa around lvl 70, g8, but abilities aren't maxed. Around 5 I believe. Other Jawas are unlocked, but again aren't progressed anywhere.

Phasma is basically maxed, but no other FO characters.

Empire I have RG basically maxed, and Vader at 5* lvl 60 G7. I also have a MagmaTrooper (kit sounded useful....potency sucks) at 5*, Lvl60, G7 and a snowtrooper who isn't progressed.

Trying to determine if it's worth it to spend my energy/effort into upgrading any of these groups for the Omega event or not. I'm F2P, so there isn't any $$ being spent towards this. I'm planning to upgrade Jawas anyway, but that's a lot of characters. I'm thinking Nebit and maybe Datcha to add to Jawa could be possible, but the others would just be fodder at this point.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. And gals. Surely there are a few gals on here too. :)

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The Omega Battles event returns on August 6th and 7th. Get your Jawas, Ewoks, First Order and Empire characters ready for this weekend event to earn those rare Ability Material Omega pieces.
    Saturday, August 6th will require Empire & Ewok characters
    Sunday, August 7th will require First Order & Jawas.

Direct from notes. Here is how it is broken up
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There is not much prep you can do right now, so wait and see.

Don't spend anything until the event is live if you can, and when you run it for the first time you will see where you can improve.

It's always nice to have omegas but these kinds of events are hard to make a quick turnaround you will spend a fair amount if you were not prepared and only you can say if it's worth it to do that.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Thanks Kyno, I missed that part obviously. Since I was planning to work on Jawas anyway, I may see what I can do to prepare for that event. I'm building my bench anyway, so it's not too different from my plans anyway. Looks like I can run a Phasma lead and through in some Jawas. The Empire/Ewok event will likely be skipped. Perhaps I can at least get some credits out of it with what I already have (doubt it.....).
  • Same here, my jawas are not ready yet. But last omega events you only needed 3 toons, and not even good ones, so we will see.
  • Anybody remember how the difficulty is usually tuned on these events? I forget
  • xMORIDINx wrote: »
    Anybody remember how the difficulty is usually tuned on these events? I forget

its easy, as long as you have the chars needed and decently geared and level - think about g8 will stomp thru these on auto
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    evanbio wrote: »
    Thanks Kyno, I missed that part obviously. Since I was planning to work on Jawas anyway, I may see what I can do to prepare for that event. I'm building my bench anyway, so it's not too different from my plans anyway. Looks like I can run a Phasma lead and through in some Jawas. The Empire/Ewok event will likely be skipped. Perhaps I can at least get some credits out of it with what I already have (doubt it.....).

Yeah I think that's the best you can do as F2P. Keep with you plan and don't get too distracted, if it fits great. If you can make it work without too much change that's always good, but if you lose focus you try to do much and never get anywhere.
  • I believe you only need 1 toons fully geared and the rest at least have protection
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50
  • Kaytee_Glopio
    59 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    My recollection is also that they are fairly easy as long as you have the right characters required and they are moderately upgraded. I am hoping this is the case. I have Phasma at L80/abilities maxed but no other FO characters developed too far. I have a 5* Vader at L80/abilities maxed and a mid level RG for the Empire squad. Jawas and Ewoks are not my strength.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick!" Theodore Roosevelt. "You know that's right!" Rey