How to get 20k damage from other characters?

Trying to figure out how I can get 20k damage consistently like Rey and droids? I've tried all the characters I have currently at level 80 and G9 & G10. None of the mods I trying works. The most I can get is 10k with Lando and ST Han on crit chance. I want to do 10k and higher on every basic attack like Rey and Droids.

Replies

• GS + gear + omegas
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    Just to let you know not all characters can hit that high with their basic attack. Go to SWGOH.gg and look up each toons max basic attack value when fully leveled and geared up with out mods. From there u can see what mods u will need to max a basic attack and how high it can go.

What i want to know is the max on some of the 5 pip mods and how high the secondarys can go. If you put all max offense then maybe crit damage up mods u might hit a high number.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    10k or higher with every basic isn't exactly what happens.....but ok

You will want to work on offensive set mods to help improve damage on all attacks. And make sure you are putting the best grade mods on your toons. Best grade start at A when lvl 1.

Not all toons are based the same way so not all toons hit hard. Some are tanks, lower damage but higher health. Some are support, not focused on damage but more about buffing allies or enemies to help in the fight.

All of these things and more need to be considered when picking a toon that you want to be a heavy hitter.
  • I used all 3 dot offense mods and the did nothing. 5 dot HP mods appears to be better than all other mods. 5 dot mods are that ppl use in arena and thier teams perform but better.
  • I'm now using all 4 dot 2x crit chance and see a slight improvement but nothing like teams with 5 dot HP mods.
  • I'm starting to wonder what's the point of the other mods? You can get the bonus set points with the right HP mods. So, again what is the point of other mods over HP mods that offer the same stats?
  • Leia his easily for 30k.

Crit chance and crit damage is your friend.
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    I think u see the HP mods in arena a lot is cause they do not require a Synergy team set up so they are easier to farm in a sense. I think when people can get more team comps leveled and geared up then u will see diversity in what mods people use. I am pretty sure not many people have all the rebels, empire, jawas, scoudrels, resistence, and first order all level and geared to face tier 3 mod challenges.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Well 5dot are better, hence the extra dots...

But on top of that there are grades A-E. At the end they look very similar but all the primary and some of the secondary stats will be higher on a grade A mod at the end.

All mods of same dot and grade will be the same regardless of what kind they are but health mods give you health as a set bonus, so of you want basic damage to go up as you said, then you want offensive mods for the set bonus.

I think the 4 stack required for offence is a bit high and I would focus on crit chance and potency but that just fits my strategy. And they are 2 stack set bonus
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Reddplague wrote: »
    I'm starting to wonder what's the point of the other mods? You can get the bonus set points with the right HP mods. So, again what is the point of other mods over HP mods that offer the same stats?

This will help you:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z614mGAHt8gkQQXRGquSQSGA-WYBGXQ5tcGeFcolIs0/htmlview?pli=1#gid=0

But a few things to remember:
    1. Some heroes are just better than others , CG is working on balancing the others. They did very well with Anakin and I'm looking foward to Kit Fisto and Boba.
    2. Some heroes are actually not useful as they were not designed with alot of the changes in mind i.e Kylo Ren.
    3. Tier 5 Yellow mods level 1s (because all stats level up off the bat) are the ones to consider.
    4. Next your top stats on these yellow ones are on that sheet.
    5. Don't waste any credits on anything not tier 5 yellow mod with the correct stats but it could take abit as drop rates are very bad.
    6. Some of us took advantage of precrafting 2.0 so we got a good 110-200 tier 5 mods at 100% drop rate. So you may be versing alot stronger team kits than yours.
    7. I recommend just using the heroes you want for fun over following the meta take it from a Kraken spender lol.
    8. Crit damage mods with speed secondary are the king of mods atm.
    9. Speed stat on mods is very out of wack compared to the others use this to your advantage.
    10. Above all else don't stress I'm sure tier 6 and tier 7 mods are just around the corner making tier 5 investments silly.
  • A few high dmg attackers except rey and 88,86:
    Leia,gs,fotp,greedo,rp,rt,luke,jka,igd(strange but he critted me with 24k),qgj,dooku,nute, savage oppress(basic when buffen about 8-10k),foo,lando,cad,hrsc,tr

All of them can do about 10k and more maybe i missed some jedis but i promise ive seen all of them dealing about 10k+
  • I have a crit damage up mod on GS and he does pretty good dmg, especially on the first part of his special.
  • Reddplague wrote: »
    I'm now using all 4 dot 2x crit chance and see a slight improvement but nothing like teams with 5 dot HP mods.

The hp mods arent better but a lot of ppl farmed them early and had a lot of nice rolls so the hp mods look better because theyr stats are at the users whish. The dmg mods arent, because most ppl had no chance to grind enought to gwt the right ones
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2016
    I'm starting to wonder what's the point of the other mods? You can get the bonus set points with the right HP mods. So, again what is the point of other mods over HP mods that offer the same stats?

This will help you:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z614mGAHt8gkQQXRGquSQSGA-WYBGXQ5tcGeFcolIs0/htmlview?pli=1#gid=0

1. Some heroes are just better than others , CG is working on balancing the others. They did very well with Anakin and I'm looking foward to Kit Fisto and Boba.
    2. Some heroes are actually not useful as they were not designed with alot of the changes in mind i.e Kylo Ren.
    3. Tier 5 Yellow mods level 1s (because all stats level up off the bat) are the ones to consider.
    5. Don't waste any credits on anything not tier 5 yellow mod with the correct stats but it could take abit as drop rates are very bad.
    6. Some of us took advantage of precrafting 2.0 so we got a good 110-200 tier 5 mods at 100% drop rate. So you may be versing alot stronger team kits than yours.
    7. I recommend just using the heroes you want for fun over following the meta take it from a Kraken spender lol.
    9. Speed stat on mods is very out of wack compared to the others use this to your advantage.
    10. Above all else don't stress I'm sure tier 6 and tier 7 mods are just around the corner making tier 5 investments silly.

Just incase you didn't know this mo.fo knows his ****. :smiley:
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member

This will help you:

Truth
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member

This will help you:

I dunno about that spreed sheet cause that guy only seemed to focus on the meta stuff and only 3 out of the 6 slots and he didnt even say he tested any or all of the mods to see which really does what with who. Also he needs to update that as there is not going to be a stun set of mods. Its nice info but cant really even say its good though.
  • Nothing to figure out here since Rey is ridiculously OP character.
  • Radonis wrote: »

This will help you:

I dunno about that spreed sheet cause that guy only seemed to focus on the meta stuff and only 3 out of the 6 slots and he didnt even say he tested any or all of the mods to see which really does what with who. Also he needs to update that as there is not going to be a stun set of mods. Its nice info but cant really even say its good though.

Best i can grab at the moment, i find it better to do the testing myself and with fellow guildies.
    But he is on the correct way of thinking for maximum use of the mod system.

Still recommend just enjoy the heroes you want. If you start to min / max then the game can become very dull and boring for you. Set gear and so forth with constant monitoring and balancing was the correct way to go.

Mods and the RNG in RNG in RNG system close to diablo style loot is not for everyone. Especially on a phone game like this.

1. RNG drop rate
    2. RNG of the tier of mod given
    3. RNG the colour tier
    4. RNG of the Stats or RNG of a chosen pre set lot
    5. RNG the amount required to level it

This kind of feature has too many RNG elements and not alot of players will enjoy this style. Especially when we have limited resources.

( this is why i was upset they brought in mods without considering this)
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    I love diablo but it has been 6 months since i last played it so i do enjoy the min maxing. Same with Destiny when i play that to a extent.
  • Radonis wrote: »
    I love diablo but it has been 6 months since i last played it so i do enjoy the min maxing. Same with Destiny when i play that to a extent.

Yeah it works well in Diablo especially with ancients. But this type of game has a very different player base. I would of warned them against this especially with limited resources per day.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    FOTP special with advantage and offense up
    G Spy special on an opponent with Old Ben's buffs
    Savage execute :wink:
    88 with debuffs on all 5 opponents
    86 with an 88 assist
    Maul mauling a Jedi? Not sure about this one
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!