Forget credits, it's GEAR that will kill you!

Tiggus
766 posts Member
For the folks that think that we're short on credits, and will need years to fully level our roster at the current income rate, have a look at this:

GEAR takes twice as long to obtain as credits!

You're happy to get about 40 Carbanti pieces a week (from STR challenge)? Think again, you'll need 8500 of them! Yep, 4 years.

Well, in any case, here's a small chart that will help you plan your gear acquisition and what's actually useful and not, or explains why you keep running out of BAW Armor MkI. This is based on the state of the game last month, and includes gear that's currently obtainable and useful (i.e. no gold gear).

4RtiTWe.png

The top-5 annoying ones are:
  1. 8500 Carbanti Mk3
  2. 7750 Chiewab Hypo Mk6
  3. 5250 Czerka Mk3
  4. 5040 Soro-Suub Mk4
  5. 4560 Arakyd Droid Mk3

This also illustrates why some Raid salvage thing is actually almost useless: After crafting a pair of badly needed Furnace Mk5, I now have a sithpile of them, but not enough Hypo Mk6 to actually craft the full pieces.
☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Couldnt agree more. Posted a thread about this very issue some time ago, didnt get alot of attention though :p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Yeh. Gear is ridiculous...
  • Pls add the list stun cuffs and Chedak comlinks (50 cuffs/50 comlinks),literally need thousands of these or hundreds of dollars if one spends real money for them (which I won't due to the very fact that it's terrible design). Spend 2 refreshes yesterday to get 2 cuffs!
    WAI
  • Apo
    60 posts Member
    lol...EA even wants our grand children to grind for those salvages and prototypes!!!
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    I got three cuffs yesterday on two refreshes. Then today, three on just one refresh. I felt super lucky today. Thought about another refresh but I knew that I would come up empty. It's sad that I'm that pessimistic about stun cuff drops.
  • I had full energy and did 2 50/50 refreshes.

THREE CUFFS. I guess they're trying to force us to pay $12 for them in the store in order to progress.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    sying wrote: »
    I got three cuffs yesterday on two refreshes. Then today, three on just one refresh. I felt super lucky today. Thought about another refresh but I knew that I would come up empty. It's sad that I'm that pessimistic about stun cuff drops.

honestly, its more sad that anyone of us can feel lucky about getting 6 cuffs in 3 refreshes. Thats a 16.6% droprate (assuming you used the 10 energy battles)
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    It was the 10 energy battles. Four or five people in my guild are requesting stun cuffs. I'm pretty sure the timer is running out on them, too. Forget the credit crunch. Gear is insane.
  • Gear crunch is real, credit crunch is real. I'm done farming new toons, it sucks, there's no point in doing it now. I'm just gonna stockpile my resources.. I dunno why neither of these two issues were ever addressed. Like for example, why does tank challenge give out useless binoculars, when I can already see, and I need 50 stun cuffs and stun guns. it's just laughable right now. I get more gear from my guild members than I do from farming in battles. So what's the point? Why put any effort into farming a toon that isn't a meta character?
  • You don't need to max every toon, there is no real advantage there. However, there is now a need for a lot of mid level toons to get some levels and gear for various events and challenges.
  • Nice visual, I appreciate the work you put in on this, thank you.

Just really shows how ridiculous this game has gotten. We all knew it, or at least had the feeling, but it's nice to see an actual visual to confirm the feeling of running in quicksand.
  • +1 to all
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I'm in the same situation. Just taking forever to get gear with awful drop rates. Using up my crystals to refresh energy and sometimes I get nothing, sometimes one piece. I'm ignoring all of my unlocked characters but I have almost nothing to show for it.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    EA has a solution, Shipments.
    and its been a long time since ive seen stun cuffs, i want to craft a mk4 comlink, no go!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Mk 3 droid callers really need to be in the top tier AGI challenge, it's ridiculous that I have to pick between them and syringes
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • No, not forget credits, credits will still kill you lol
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No, not forget credits, credits will still kill you lol

Not having the credits to Star and Level up your characters actually makes the Gear bottleneck a bit more manageble. Imagine only having to farm shards to get lvl80 7* characters, seems awesome right? Now imagine all the gear you need to make them viable ;)
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Rarlie wrote: »
    Pls add the list stun cuffs and Chedak comlinks (50 cuffs/50 comlinks),literally need thousands of these or hundreds of dollars if one spends real money for them (which I won't due to the very fact that it's terrible design). Spend 2 refreshes yesterday to get 2 cuffs!
    WAI

Cuffs are indeed out there... top-3, you need up to 5250 of them. The Chedak Mk IV are a more modest 1400.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Gear crunch is real, credit crunch is real. I'm done farming new toons...

@EscapeArtist51 Actually you're right. Credits are also tight. What I'm getting at though is that the games tries very hard to make you think that it's all about collecting shards for your characters (see for instance how those character packs on sale are made: Shards for Jawas! And some credits and few ability materials, and we are made to think that will get us closer to have an actual Jawa character ready for battle), but the sad truth is that shards are only the easy part.

@DelmonYoung True you don't need to max out all 80-something characters, but realistically about 20 or more, which more or less means a quarter of the gear in the chart (still a lot... Down from 4 years to 1). And as you said, be sure that the devs make everything they can so you need as many different toons as possible, as seen recently with the Mod Challenges (Hop, all 5 Jawas, all 5 First Order, all 5 Resistance). They don't need to be maxed out (fortunately, Mods do help here by giving a temporary boost instead of having to assign gear/credits permanently), but still that's a lot of different characters. Be sure that whatever "next content" is being worked upon will require Nightsisters or Tusken.

In the end, we're still losing this game... If we ever catch up, they'll introduce gold gear, and we're back to square 1 (just imagine new gear that's made out of 2 or 3 of those scarce purple gears). So no, we'll never have "All of it".

Still, knowing the big picture helps making informed decisions, e.g. there's no need to go nuts farming/buying BlasTech Mk8 or BioTech Mk7... Sooner rather than later you'll be blocked again on a Stun Cuff or a Hypo Syringe.
  • Tiggus wrote: »
    Gear crunch is real, credit crunch is real. I'm done farming new toons...

@EscapeArtist51 Actually you're right. Credits are also tight. What I'm getting at though is that the games tries very hard to make you think that it's all about collecting shards for your characters (see for instance how those character packs on sale are made: Shards for Jawas! And some credits and few ability materials, and we are made to think that will get us closer to have an actual Jawa character ready for battle), but the sad truth is that shards are only the easy part.

@DelmonYoung True you don't need to max out all 80-something characters, but realistically about 20 or more, which more or less means a quarter of the gear in the chart (still a lot... Down from 4 years to 1). And as you said, be sure that the devs make everything they can so you need as many different toons as possible, as seen recently with the Mod Challenges (Hop, all 5 Jawas, all 5 First Order, all 5 Resistance). They don't need to be maxed out (fortunately, Mods do help here by giving a temporary boost instead of having to assign gear/credits permanently), but still that's a lot of different characters. Be sure that whatever "next content" is being worked upon will require Nightsisters or Tusken.

In the end, we're still losing this game... If we ever catch up, they'll introduce gold gear, and we're back to square 1 (just imagine new gear that's made out of 2 or 3 of those scarce purple gears). So no, we'll never have "All of it".

Still, knowing the big picture helps making informed decisions, e.g. there's no need to go nuts farming/buying BlasTech Mk8 or BioTech Mk7... Sooner rather than later you'll be blocked again on a Stun Cuff or a Hypo Syringe.
    Yeah... you're totally right. That's why now the collecting is over for me. I gave up. I have almost all the lame annoying FTP meta toons maxed. And now I'm just going to use those toons while farming mods every day. CG did, I surrender. Diversity is impossible.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    As you, I gave up on the idea (or perhaps never had it) of having lots of maxed out toons, but I'm still exploring some that are off the beaten path. I do have a team of Scoundrels (that even includes Zam Wesell at 4*, I like her a lot), a small FO squad and now a brand new Jawa squad that help me go through some of the events and Mod Challenges. They're all like level 65 and gear 7 or 8, I pump just enough into those experiments in order to clear whatever mission I have for them, and when they do, it makes my day.

And yes they're all f2p, the latest being Dathcha, Tarkin, Cad Bane,... By now (I started in Nov), I have collected almost everything that was in the GW shipments, and most of Arena. Nightsister Initiate is still gear 1 level 30, waiting for an excuse to get her any further. Leia is still 330 shards, waiting for the same thing.
  • Gear crunch is real, credit crunch is real. I'm done farming new toons, it sucks, there's no point in doing it now. I'm just gonna stockpile my resources.. I dunno why neither of these two issues were ever addressed. Like for example, why does tank challenge give out useless binoculars, when I can already see, and I need 50 stun cuffs and stun guns. it's just laughable right now. I get more gear from my guild members than I do from farming in battles. So what's the point? Why put any effort into farming a toon that isn't a meta character?

I am the same way right now. No new characters now, I have enough to do everything. No reason to buy broken toons that get released a couple of months later (Wedge). I have enough shards to 7 star all but 10 toons but will never be able to promote, gear, and mod them let alone new ones.

Hoarding mode activated.
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    They should add a weekly event called "Cuffs, Carbanti and Chedak Comlinks from Heaven", where you could score "potentially" up to 20 pieces. (realistically 5)
  • They should add a weekly event called "Cuffs, Carbanti and Chedak Comlinks from Heaven", where you could score "potentially" up to 20 pieces. (realistically 5)
    As much as I love gifts from heaven id really just prefer they add them to challenges like seriously come on CG. Tank challenge last tier rewards a set of useless items. In fact all of it is almost completely useless. They could easily fit cuffs and stun guns in there, over some of the items we have hundreds of...
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Ok
    They should add a weekly event called "Cuffs, Carbanti and Chedak Comlinks from Heaven", where you could score "potentially" up to 20 pieces. (realistically 5)
    As much as I love gifts from heaven id really just prefer they add them to challenges like seriously come on CG. Tank challenge last tier rewards a set of useless items. In fact all of it is almost completely useless. They could easily fit cuffs and stun guns in there, over some of the items we have hundreds of...

I do tier 50/50 tier 3/4 on agi challenge. Just in case level 90 gear needs 3000 pieces of the useless salvage. :)