Team Advice?

Prev1
RMS906
6 posts Member
edited January 2016
I'd like to express my gratitude in advance to anyone who elects to read this. I'm reaching out to the forum in hopes of receiving an opinion as to how I should move forward with developing my arena squad. Right now it consists of
Darth Sidious 7*
Luminara Unduli 7*
Jedi Consular 6*
Boba Fett 5*
Count Dooku 4*
Each character is at the highest gear level possible at the moment. I realize that this combination doesn't particularly display much synergy, yet I've still been able to reach around 20 in rank by the reward cutoff time. While my crew is generally adequate for defeating others with some decent strategy and perhaps a bit of luck, I think it's pretty weak in terms of defending. Each day my rank drops to around 50, which means that I'm getting handled by incoming challenges. I suppose my question is whether I should continue improving the strength of my current configuration, or look into some alternative replacements. As overused as they are, I can't see myself removing Sid or Lumi in the foreseeable future, since they're arguably my 2 most useful pieces. The other 3, though, are more negotiable for substitution due to various concerns regarding their employment.
JC seems to deal good damage for the most part, but I don't like how his heal can be exploited by inducing him to target teammates under the effect of heal immunity.
Boba's survivability and special attack are positives, in addition to the cool factor, although he doesn't really hit all that hard and he's slow.
Dooku is helpful for a number of reasons, including his high speed, stun, and counterattack, despite sub par HP in my estimation.
The only other potential options right now are a soon-to-be 4* Geonosian Soldier, who I have ready for gear upgrade once the level cap increase, as well as General Veers and Ahsoka Tano. Also, I suppose I could try to build up Vader if he would represent a more attractive choice.
I'm aware of intuitive recommendations such as Phasma, Daka, Poe, and Kylo Ren, but for whatever reason they just don't spark my intrigue. Nonetheless, given sufficient motivation I might opt for one of them anyway. In conclusion, I'm eagerly open to suggestion and would love to hear what people in the community think. I extend my sincerest thanks.
Post edited by RMS906 on

Replies

• Keep that team while you work up other characters that interest you. I have that exact team except Dooku is 5* and do well with it daily in arena.

You've finished your characters who have GW and arena shards, so you can either pick the next most interesting toons in those two areas (I choose Phasma and IG88 respectively) or you can save up shards for the upcoming level increase which should also include new characters.

Pick whoever interests you in cantina battles and focus on their battle to get and level up one of the cantina toons. I went with Ren

Cantina battle shipments can be used to level up Fett, or it has several other good options if you prefer such as Daka, Poe and 5's, though from your statement it sounds like leveling Fett might be the best fit for you.

Make sure you are doing all 3 runs on both of Dooku's battles to slowly gather his shards. I've managed to get mine to 5 and am half way to 6*. Its a slow grind, but if you like Dooku, well worth it.

So, you could focus on your current team, finish out JC and be fielding 3 7* and wouldn't be unreasonable long before you had a 4th 7* in Fett. Dooku will take quite a bit a time, but I would still do the battles to get your roughly 2 shards per day.

Alternatively, you can focus on new toons as described above and field a new team altogether, though it will take some time.

You mentioned not being interested in the Phasma assist/counter team though I have to say it is a particularly strong team, but perhaps you would like to try a Poe + glass cannons team or a droid team. Lots of options, it just depends on where you want to go.

I personally have continued to field the team that you are currently running, but have shifted resources to Phasma, Ren, Poe, 88 while doing the slow grind for shards on FOTP and Dooku. It's taking time but will allow me to run and poe plus cannons team as well as a phasma assist/counter team in the coming week or two.

Hope that helps
  • Yendor, your response is incredibly content-rich and exactly what I was hoping for. The fact that you took the time to type it truly means a lot to me. I might as well consider the thread closed because you essentially dissected it from every angle.

Upon reflection you've convinced me to go ahead and continue collecting shards for JC, Boba and Dooku, while also beginning to unlock a new character. I think I'll keep saving GW tokens in case more stuff gets added in a future update, and go for IG88 in the arena shipments.

Captain Phasma's upside can't be denied, but I still have lingering reservations about investing resources toward her. Even though 88 will likely need some sort of taunt protection, it will at least serve as a useful aid in galactic war until I can eventually provide better support as part of an arena team.

I can't thank you enough for deciding to reply, and in a most beneficial fashion I might add. On a side note, you've also inspired me to remain cognizant of my tendency to neglect separating text into paragraph form. The original post must have been a chore to read as a single clumpy block. Anyway, I'm very appreciative and wish nothing but the best for you. Take care!
  • In my opinion, I dont really like JC so much, at first it was a good character, but as you go up it starts to have lack of attack and his healing doesnt do as much as before.

If your looking forward for a more defensive arena squad, but without loosing your attack, I dont think Genosian soldier would be a good idea, as he is more an attacker than a defender and even he does a lot of damage he doesnt have much health.

Maybe you should look for a tank like fives, he has a good amount of health and also could counterattack
    Phasma is not a bad choose neither, with his leader ability, his synergy with dooku is reasonably good and in addition he has good health.

Boba Fett is good charcter, but he`s really slow and thats why I dont like it that much, even tough he does a good quantity of damage sometimes.

Dooku is a very good character, for all the reasons you said before and more. But its really hard to get shards from him that will be the ''only'' remarkable cons I see from him.

Daka is a good option as well, she heals a descent amount of health and also has a probability of reviving fallen allies when killed, furthermore, her probability to stun the enemy with his basic attack is a huge advantage.

In resume:

I Would Change JC and give some more health to your team in general so it will be more difficult to beat.
    Fives or Phasma could be both good options (or even chewy, he could heal him self too).

Also, you could change Boba Fett and put Daka instead, she might have less HP, but her abilities are good when arrive to certain level.

To finish you could change Dooku, and maybe go for Kylo, but it depends if you want to go for Phasma too, as both have good synergy together (or just stay with dooku and use Phasma leader ability to make dooku hit more than twice), it depends on you of course.

I Hope this helped you and gave you a clearly point of view. But i think you already have a good Squad although is not maxed.

(Sorry if I made Spelling mistakes or anything) :#:)
  • RMS906 wrote: »
    Upon reflection you've convinced me to go ahead and continue collecting shards for JC, Boba and Dooku, while also beginning to unlock a new character. I think I'll keep saving GW tokens in case more stuff gets added in a future update, and go for IG88 in the arena shipments.

Not a bad option, just keep in mind that you have limits to how quickly you can spend those tokens without using tokens to refresh. Due to time restraints, I find it difficult to buy more then 15 shards per day though 20 is possible without buying a refresh. Of course that's 15 shards per toon you farm so you could spend 1200-1600gw tokens per day per toon your farming. If the new characters pop soon, this wont be an issue, but if you get 1200 tokens a day and new toons don't come out for a while it could take you sometime to spend them. Of course having 30000gw tokens in the bank does sound like a good problem to have :P
    RMS906 wrote: »
    On a side note, you've also inspired me to remain cognizant of my tendency to neglect separating text into paragraph form. The original post must have been a chore to read as a single clumpy block. Anyway, I'm very appreciative and wish nothing but the best for you. Take care!

That made me lol. I'm glad you found the post helpful and appreciate you saying so.

Good luck!
  • Hey guys, I'm here again asking a question, and that question is my team for the arena. I am currently rank 2868 and my current team is Cad Bane as leader, Chewie, Talia, Ahsoka, and Greedo. I am currently getting shards for Boba Fett and Darth Sidious, which I am planning to use on my team. Any reccomendations? Thanks!
  • I would start gathering Luminara, she is a dependable healer anyone can get with time.
  • Don't waste shards on Fet go 5's or Daka. Daka heals, regenerates and stuns. Will help on DS.

Lumi is sweet as Regeneration said. You can plug her on any team.
  • Don't waste shards on Fet go 5's or Daka. Daka heals, regenerates and stuns. Will help on DS.
    I currently have 12 shards to 5's so I will go for him first and then go for Daka, and if I were to get Daka, should I replace Talia? And Will also start gathering Luminara
    I currently have 12 shards to 5's so I will go for him first and then go for Daka, and if I were to get Daka, should I replace Talia? And Will also start gathering Luminara

Stop dont do anything- thats a terrible idea. 5s and fett turn out to be the same over all, so go for whoever u have more of. Dont hunt daka. Get lumi shards from GW. Keep getting sid shards. Get chewie shards in battle. Max out ur best 3 star by getting them gear and leveling them up. They will be replaced by vader when u get him. Wrap Up-

GW tokens- use for lumi
    SCB energy- use to farm chewie
    SCB credits- use for 5s/boba (only 1)
    Arena creds- use for sid

Ur team when u get the above:

Lumi***
    Chewie***
    Boba/5s***
    Best 3 star (likely bane)***
    Sid****

Ur team in the future (like a month)

lumi******
    Sid******
    Chewie*****
    Darth Vader****
    Boba/5s****

• @Flackboy Thank you for the feedback! I agree that JC isn't stellar damage wise, but since he's at 6 stars I might as well try to max him out.

You're probably right about Geonosian Soldier not being an ideal choice due to his frailty. I only need 1 more shard for 4* though so I might hold off farming him further after promotion.

Fives and Daka seem solid but I think I'm just gonna commit to sticking with Boba for now.

I gave in and began purchasing Phasma shards, because she really could help my team tremendously. I don't mean to sound like a **** correcting you, but based on your words you seem to think Captain Phasma is a guy when, contrary to what most would expect from appearance alone, she is actually a female.

Ultimately, I suppose I have a suitable game plan in mind now thanks to the kind analysis laid forth by you two. Thank you very much!

@Yendor I rarely complete GW so I'm sure the tokens will be running dry soon enough. By the way I see that we are on the same leaderboard. You were at the 5 spot yesterday while somehow I managed to finish at 7.

Best regards to all.
  • I have been playing since the game was available in my app store. I really like this game a lot.

Reason for thread is to share my pvp team and get maybe feedback

I use the following arena team:
    6* sid leader,
    7* lumi,
    5* phasma
    6* JC
    4* ventress
    I think they all have all pieces of gear at this point.

I am around rank 90 on my server. I do spend money on crystals but not a ton and i dont buy the data packs. I use about 300-500 crystals a day on cantina and LS/DS energy and arena reset occasionally.

Tips/comments welcome
    Lmk what you think
  • Yendor
    261 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    That's cool to know. Are you playing under RMS906? I couldn't find you this afternoon

I'm going through some growing pains this week as I try to transition from Sid, Lumi, JC, Dooku, Fett, to Phasma, Ren, FOTP, Poe + 1 (probably Dooku, but I'm experimenting with Lumi).

Also, the board seems tougher this week. I'd been number 1-3 consistently up until Mon or Tues and now It's a struggle to stay in the top 5. I think it's because I held on to my current lineup to long before starting to work on my new team which truth be told is still about another week from being Top 10 viable.
  • Flackboy
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Spoiler detected! didnt knew that :/@RMS906

I am glad I helped you.

May the force be with you all ;)
  • possibly look into a glass cannon instead of ventress. GEO would be the obvious answer since he's fast, hella g ood dps etc. Ventress is still kind of broken.
  • Ok thanks very much everyone!
  • I have

6* Darth Sidious w/ gear7
    6* Luminara Unduli w/ gear7

5* Darth Maul w/ gear6
    5* Luke Skywalker w/ gear 6
    5* Jedi Consular w/ gear 6
    5* Old Daka w/ gear 4
    5* Asoka Tano w/ gear 5

4* Qui-gon Jin w/ gear 1 (recently got)
    4* Princess Leia w/ gear 6
    4* Obi-Wan Kenobi w/ gear 6
    4* Barris Offee w/ gear 6
    4* Mace Windu w/ gear 6
    4* CT-5555 w/ gear 3 (recently got)
    4* Jedi Anakin w/ gear 3 (recently got)
    4* Admiral Ackbar w/ gear 1 (recently got)
    4* Kit Fisto w/ gear 1 (recently got)
    4* Lobot w/ gear 1 (recently got)
    4* Darth Vader w/ gear 1 (recently got)
    4* Snow Trooper, Hoth Rebel Soldier, Scout w/ all gear 1
    4* IG 86 sentiel Droid, IG-100 Magna gaurd w/ gear 1

3* First Order Tie Pilot w/ gear 4
    3* Poe Dameron w/ gear 3
    3* Count Dooku w/ gear 1 (recently got)
    3* First Order Stormtrooper
    etc..

I placed in around rank 100 in my server.
    with Team Sidious (leader), Unduli, Leia, Obi-wan, Offee.
    I'm player lvl 53 now.

How can I compose my team?
    And what is my next step? (currently I tried to collect Poe)

Thanks

Stop dont do anything- thats a terrible idea. 5s and fett turn out to be the same over all, so go for whoever u have more of. Dont hunt daka. Get lumi shards from GW. Keep getting sid shards. Get chewie shards in battle. Max out ur best 3 star by getting them gear and leveling them up. They will be replaced by vader when u get him. Wrap Up-

GW tokens- use for lumi
    Arena creds- use for sid

Lumi***
    Chewie***
    Boba/5s***
    Sid****

lumi******
    Sid******
    Chewie*****
    Darth Vader****
    Boba/5s****

Chewie is not worth farming at all. His taunt last for 1 turn, and when he gets heal or ability blocked he's useless. Even if he doesn't get blocked, he hits like an anemic baby. The only good thing about Chewie is when people use him as a leader in PVP you know who to battle for an easy win.

A better use of cantina energy farming would be, JC (GW), geo (arena), Luke (GW/arena), or kylo (GW/arena).

JC would probably be the best for early farming, then after that switch to kylo.

@Sgt_Strategy this explains your post/poll about skill vs luck. You think other players get lucky but this post just shows that you lack skill. I know you'll lash out with saltiness, go ahead, but I won't be replying. Read more into forums and you'll improve your game.
  • Thanks for reply.

I am not sure what you mean by broken? Because she doesnt dispel certain things?
    Yeah, i noticed that. After Sid i dont know whose shards to grab from arena shipments.

I do have geo, ill check out how to farm his shards. I am slowly but surely gathering FOTP shards, since good gear pieces come from those battles at (what seem to be) high rates, but i like geo bcs of his speed. Are there charts of drop rates someone could link me to? I havent been able to find that info

iirc dooku is going to be available from cantina battles? As well as barris(sp).

Is resistance pilot able to do good damage at 6*-7*? Does anyone use Resistance Pilot?

Anyway, some squads i am thinking of:

first order squad:
    Phasma / Leader
    FOO
    B. Offee (sp) or JC or Lumi

Ventress or FOTP and Poe
    Or
    Ventress or FOTP and Hans
    Or
    Sid and Dooku
    Or
    Ventress and Daka

Is Kylo Ren ever useful? ...all that hype and at 5*, VI gear he shows almost no potential, but ofc i could maybe not know how to use him. He struggles to do over 1k dmg.

Sid / leader
    Poggle
    Geo
    IG 86
    Barriss offee or JC or Luminara

Whats a good aoe team?

I like this game, its a lot of fun. I enjoy star wars movies, havent seen the recent ones, though. There is a great cartoon series on netflix with a lot of these characters, i am watching that. My point is this style game is awesome. Star wars or not
  • Hello Fellas

I had a question about my PVP team and i wanted to ask if you could give me any advices:
    I have currently:
    Sidious Leader
    Darth Vader
    Count Dooku
    Leia
    Luminara

Its a very fast team composition which attacks first in 90% of the cases

Its a very offensive team but i have some problems with taunting / counter teams / multi attack

Currently benched:

Assaj Ventress
    Chewie
    Han solo
    Luke
    Phasma
    Baress
    ashoka
    ayala
    JC
    Poe

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Q
  • my personal key for success currently is speed:
    So id go for sidious leader, luminara, luke, obi wan and ma tank like chewie or poe / han since they slower the enemy, it is always a question of opponent alswell tho
  • What a prob to have. Too many choices
  • Sgt_Strategy
    114 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Don't waste shards on Fet go 5's or Daka. Daka heals, regenerates and stuns. Will help on DS.

GW tokens- use for lumi
    Arena creds- use for sid

Lumi***
    Chewie***
    Boba/5s***
    Sid****

lumi******
    Sid******
    Chewie*****
    Darth Vader****
    Boba/5s****

Chewie is not worth farming at all. His taunt last for 1 turn, and when he gets heal or ability blocked he's useless. Even if he doesn't get blocked, he hits like an anemic baby. The only good thing about Chewie is when people use him as a leader in PVP you know who to battle for an easy win.

A better use of cantina energy farming would be, JC (GW), geo (arena), Luke (GW/arena), or kylo (GW/arena).

JC would probably be the best for early farming, then after that switch to kylo.

@Sgt_Strategy this explains your post/poll about skill vs luck. You think other players get lucky but this post just shows that you lack skill. I know you'll lash out with saltiness, go ahead, but I won't be replying. Read more into forums and you'll improve your game.

First off im telling him to use chewy because he doesnt have poe and theres no point in getting him when hes going for 5s or boba.

Second ur recomendations are off. U cant farm JC in GW, u cant farm geo in the arena, u cant farm luke in GW/ arena or kylo in GW/arena.

Lastly my poll about luck is fully legitamate becaus there are plenty of times that i have the same line up and sometimes poggs will use droid assault before sid used demblows but some times it is the other way around. I know there are micro stats that are involved but some people have proven that there is luck involved, along with dodge chances and crit chances. Ive been playing this game since day 1 and i know the ins and outs. I know what takes skill and what doesnt. And i know its pure luck when u start up the arena fight againt dooku and that its "chance" that he stuns u.

Just face it. It isnt all luck, but it is a little more than u thing and a simple stun or a dodge or a crit or even the order in the que can change a battle
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • I'm partial to having 2 healers and use JC with Lumi on my squad where the others are Sid, Dooku, Fives.

JC hits pretty well elite geared up and it is nice being able to heal with one then heal with the other.

• Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    So I've been using sid, lumi, daka, jc, kylo for arena... Actually I use this team for cantina too and gw lol... Do pretty well but I feel like it could be better. I haven't ever seen this team or heard much about it... Seems to work ok though. I'm looking to improve it though... I mainly stay this team because I'm pretty F2P and well these are all f2p chars lol.

Sid leader all characters are gear 7 star 5. All my other toons suck. Got no money to level them up, no ability mats either. Got twelve trillion training droids though.

Thought about putting dooku in for daka or jc but honestly he's 3* of squishiness... Maybe once I get to him in cantina?
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Yeah... Not the best idea to have 3 healers on the same team, however lumi and JC are pretty decent. To lower levels i advise to go with JC or Lumi but u seem to be at the point where u like both. Seems ur in a tough situation to decide who to farm.

This is gonna seem crazy, but lose Daka and go for boba. U can get him with cantina creds and in hard battles. If u have lumi JC sid boba and kylo ur team would be built for a fast approach, 2 heals to stay fresh and finish the enemy quick.

Start off with sid dem blows, then bobas AOE, then klyo AOE, lumi force push, and a JC heal for the damage done. Pretty nice first round
  • I had a Dooku 3* for a while, you can star him up with the 2 12credit battles (limit 3 each per day). I noticed a big difference in Dooku from 3* to 4*. He was already geared 7 plus a couple of spots for 8 already.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • @Yendor
    No my name is Ryan Scott. I would've chosen something more original if I'd known it was going to be displayed. At least I didn't leave it as Mol Eliza I guess.

Yes I saw you holding the #1 spot at 6pm my time. Miraculously I reached a new personal record of 3. Despite reluctance I tried out Geonosian Soldier in place of Boba Fett and I think he made a big difference by allowing me to take out Lumi in the first turn.

Your new team sounds formidable. Like you said give it about a week and I'm sure you'll be at or very near the top with ease.

@Flackboy
    Oh no well I genuinely apologize for ruining any surprise. I hope you'll forgive me.

• What happens if you run out of time in the arena battle?
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    What about poe instead of daka? Everytime I see him I just end up hating him. That speed and the taunt that always seems to hit 2-4 of my guys...

Actually I forgot I had old Ben... He may be an excellent candidate in here if I get his armor up... Thoughts? Only 4* obviously
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • I'm planning this based on me being F2P and around Farmability. Just aiming for sub 100 or sub 50. I'm level 54 now.

Current: Phasma 3* L, Sid 5*, Geo 3*, Luke 4*, Lumi 4*.

I consistently GW and sub 200 arena ~15k power. Guess it's a young server.

Plan: Phasma L, Sid, Geo, Resistant Pilot, Daka.

1. Some one might get focused down too quickly? I'm thinking the choice will be hard for opponent to pick. A. Usual suspect Sid, B. Lower health Pilot, C. Daka to prevent resurrect. No good choice since they'd get pounded if focus Daka and might get resurrect if they focus someone else. Right?

2. Too squishy and no Poe you might say? I'm thinking if I have to pick, Daka might be more helpful first as any resurrect would hurt the opponent. Any lucky stun would mitigate their damage. right? I'd level up Poe once Daka is in a good place and maybe swap out Daka or Phasma.

3. No healers, no tanks, no counters? I'll take any free Phasma prod I can get. Daka heal/revive should be decent around 5*? That's when I would swap her and Pilot in for Luke and Lumi.

Thanks for reading and comments :)