GAME UPDATE - 1/14/2016

Replies

• Why kill retreat in GW? It was a useful tool with 12 straight cumulative battles.
    Limit the number per GW cycle without resetting current battle but don't nerf it entirely.
    Please reconsider this position devs.
    "That is why you fail."
  • Ixan wrote: »
    Daishi wrote: »
    Ixan wrote: »
    @Tak I didn't ask you now did I? Not all of us get on forums for a mobile game.

If you don't look for information don't complain when you don't get it. In any game if you want info, you Google it and look at forums and message boards. When fallout drops a DC do they announce it when you log in? Not usually. U gotta search

Then what is the point of in game announcements section? This game cannot be compared to a PC and console giant like fallout. They do not have the fan base to not announce stuff and let the people who do play the game know it's coming.

I will say it again this is a mobile game and not all mobile players will get on forums to check for an update drop that they sent an announcement about in game. So you assume that since they sent that in game they would let you know in game when it will drop.

Seems like you are the only one having no idea about the new update and start complaining. Poor you, one against the world :wink: Btw, it would be great if you can let us know how old you are :smiley:

I love the retreat mechanism adjustment, need more deep thinking and strategy for a long-run. Nice work!

Still looking forward to new characters releashed.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Ok, couple of updates.

1) Some of you were asking why we had shards for a character available in multiple spots for the same character in Cantina Battles. For example, Kylo Ren shards are available from Cantina Battle 4C and 6C. The drop rate for the character shard is the same between each of these locations, however you will receive more Cantina Currency, more credits and a higher chance at tier 3 ability materials if you choose the battle in 6C. So, if you are wanting just character shards, then 4C is the better option, but if you are going for the character shards and want a better shot at tier 3 ability materials then 6C might be your cup of tea.

How about you give us a new tea instead of making us choose between a warmer tea with more sugar or a cooler tea with less sugar. You add new characters to farm in cantina? Almost no one wants two different battles for the same person. Please add different people because its just annoying how bad you want people to buy new characters instead of giving us a chance to earn them
  • Gah. You could have at least labeled retreat as retry. I didn't know and I went to take out my Dooku before he died and have to start the whole battle over.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    RIP GW.

Now there is simply no way to finish it at max level, except you have 80 max geared 9* chars.
  • Before update, all refill are used.
    Hahaha
    Nice update timing :neutral:
  • Willkimm98 wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Ok, couple of updates.

1) Some of you were asking why we had shards for a character available in multiple spots for the same character in Cantina Battles. For example, Kylo Ren shards are available from Cantina Battle 4C and 6C. The drop rate for the character shard is the same between each of these locations, however you will receive more Cantina Currency, more credits and a higher chance at tier 3 ability materials if you choose the battle in 6C. So, if you are wanting just character shards, then 4C is the better option, but if you are going for the character shards and want a better shot at tier 3 ability materials then 6C might be your cup of tea.

How about you give us a new tea instead of making us choose between a warmer tea with more sugar or a cooler tea with less sugar. You add new characters to farm in cantina? Almost no one wants two different battles for the same person. Please add different people because its just annoying how bad you want people to buy new characters instead of giving us a chance to earn them

lol, go and take a look to hoda, i dont even know why is kyloren on the cantina this is no the modus operandi of CG, you will see when the take out really OP heroes, they will only drop on the 8 cromium pack and will get ** for you to farm the 200-300 shards left from the same packs.
  • For people complaining the update came middle of the day: it's not everywhere middle of the day you know. If you want a global release this is unavoidable. I live in the Netherlands and here it was around midnight I guess. Possible 1AM, because midnight UK makes most sense
  • Thanks EA for this Horrible update. Now just players that spend a lot of money and have lot of characters are going to finish Galactic War. EA Always finds a way to ruin the game. The most greedy company I've ever met.
  • I've beaten galactic war by force quitting when I have issues. I am level 60 and have beaten it 15 days in a row once I found out I can just force quit to "reset" and regroup. Just change your strategy and get a couple good backups like Boba Fett and Chewie up to 4*. My main GW team is leader Sidious 6*, Luminara 7*, 5* fives, 4* dooku, and 4* daka. You guys can do it!
  • Talia still casts "Water of Life" if she's the last standing character in a squad, essentially suicide. She uses it often at low health, too. Any plans to address that in a future patch as well (hopefully soon)?

*Although I don't mind using it against her in Arena matches. :p
  • Juan_Pablo wrote: »
    Willkimm98 wrote: »
    Ok, couple of updates.

lol, go and take a look to hoda, i dont even know why is kyloren on the cantina this is no the modus operandi of CG, you will see when the take out really OP heroes, they will only drop on the 8 cromium pack and will get ** for you to farm the 200-300 shards left from the same packs.

I cand understand what you are saying. Try again
  • Morenazo01 wrote: »
    Thanks EA for this Horrible update. Now just players that spend a lot of money and have lot of characters are going to finish Galactic War. EA Always finds a way to ruin the game. The most greedy company I've ever met.

Exactly. Will quit GoH now. The same crap as usual. It's so ridiculous.
  • Juan_Pablo wrote: »
    Ok, couple of updates.

I guess it makes sense. You dont speak english
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Add me to the people who hate the changes to retreat in galaxy war. The only strategy I see in this is it was too effective at getting people resources and needed to be nerfed to be on par with the pace of the rest of the game. The argument of "it has to be like force quit" is total **** and sounds like a scapegoat. If people have to force quit, they will force quit. Retreat was different. Everyone has the option of force quit. To permit 2 options that do the same thing is not strategic, it's just a blatant progress wall and GREED MANIFEST!
  • MoonHunt wrote: »
    Daishi wrote: »
    @Tak I didn't ask you now did I? Not all of us get on forums for a mobile game.

If you don't look for information don't complain when you don't get it. In any game if you want info, you Google it and look at forums and message boards. When fallout drops a DC do they announce it when you log in? Not usually. U gotta search

Then what is the point of in game announcements section? This game cannot be compared to a PC and console giant like fallout. They do not have the fan base to not announce stuff and let the people who do play the game know it's coming.

I will say it again this is a mobile game and not all mobile players will get on forums to check for an update drop that they sent an announcement about in game. So you assume that since they sent that in game they would let you know in game when it will drop.

Seems like you are the only one having no idea about the new update and start complaining. Poor you, one against the world :wink: Btw, it would be great if you can let us know how old you are :smiley:

I love the retreat mechanism adjustment, need more deep thinking and strategy for a long-run. Nice work!

Still looking forward to new characters releashed.

It's not an adjustment, it's an elimination.
    Adjustment would be limiting number of retreats per GW cycle or making retreat cost currency, credits or GW credits, or crystals if we're talking money maker. Personally, GW credits, say 25-50, to retreat would be about right, a decent sacrifice to benefit offset decision.
    Most reasonable people wouldn't have an issue with an adjustment.

More deep thinking?
    No, just need deeper roster.
    GW was challenging to complete most days with three max lvl teams and cumulative effects (health and CD carryover). Even with a retreat, you had to deal with health, cumulative effects, and CD timing, which required strategy and thinking with a limited roster. Now, just need more characters to even hope of completing GW when you face 10 other max level teams in a row.
    The drastic change to retreat has potential to completely kill the fun and replay value of GW at lower levels and most everyone who doesn't have multiple max teams.
    The achievements for GW look even more daunting, currently 10, 50, and guessing will jump to 100, 250, or 500 based on other achievement milestones.
    Can't speak for all, but the most fun for me in the game was GW. I'd agree retreat needed an adjustment but completely eliminating the tool of tactical retreat actually eliminates a good portion of strategy in GW and turns it into an arms race.
    "That is why you fail."
  • What about adding back in an actual retreat and also the option to retry. That was a huge strategy to be able to heal players for later battles.
  • Willkimm98 wrote: »
    Juan_Pablo wrote: »
    Ok, couple of updates.

I guess it makes sense. You dont speak english
    Juan_Pablo wrote: »
    Ok, couple of updates.

I cand understand what you are saying. Try again

i do speak english, but i dont come back and read what i wrote before, so it gets a little messy since i dont care about it on this forum, not like im writing a paper. in other words Capital Games wants you to become a P2P and the way to do it is making a huge diference between those who pay and those who doesnt. HODA is the best example of it they release heroes every single week, and once in a month one that breaks the game, so what should you do... go and buy it, they improve that and now they give guarantees.. so eventually they will release characters every single week and they will be game brakers and you will need to get them to survive, so.. you will go and buy cristals and the packs for it to drop. and f2p wont have a chance to compete or even enjoy the game.
  • The amount of facepalming regarding the retreat "adjustment" is overwhelming.

Here's how things were and what happened:
    GW was poorly designed. The idea was good and fun but they came up with the -10% to +10% power difference ratio for the enemy teams in order to make it more "challenging" aka. have you flip the **** out when you just hit level 40 and never bought anything from them or even if you did you've never been dropped OP toons. The retreating mechanic was actually a part of the design. It was meant to be there.
    BUT ! Something happened. People realized that they could also force quit the app and thus gain an extra level of advantage.
    Retreating - OK!
    Force quitting - OK!
    Retreating AND Force quitting - NOT OK! - so you see game designers and dear fellow players, here's where they found out that they had a problem. People that would use both of these ways had higher completion rates in the GW which obviously meant less money for them, since more shards were being given for free.

How did they choose to fix this so that the game mode stayed fun and challenging enough for players not to quit the game ??? Well the obvious answer, at least for me, would have been to implement a method of saving battle progress (just like the retreat button does) automatically and have the game pick back up from where it left off even when the players tried to force quit the app. As a coder and app developer I can assure everyone that this is very possible ! 100% I will stick my life on this ! It is doable.

What did EA do ? They chose the lazy, 5 minutes of work solution, which is to just freaking disable the retreating mechanic and go around it as if the game had force quit and reloaded the old data from before.

I have no words. This game has caused me so much anger and frustration that it should be banned and its makers never be allowed to make games ever again.

It is a shameless money grab using the Star Wars universe.

And before you ask, no, I have never bought anything in SWGOH and I will never do unless it's cosmetic. I will gladly pay for cosmetic but NEVER EVER for winning.

Hey mods, enjoy the shitstorm that will follow your lazy "fix" for the GW.
  • First... Sorry my english and second... Is not hard, i think is more easy now. I finish GW with only 1 dead (only two 7 stars), and a few 5/6 stars (maybe 4/5). Restart a battle is really helpful, if you cant defeat enemy team with yours, try to change only 1 or 2 characters, and repeat. We lose strategy **** with the new GW, but we have a lot of more tries so im happy :smile:
  • XfStef wrote: »
    The amount of facepalming regarding the retreat "adjustment" is overwhelming.

Here's how things were and what happened:
    GW was poorly designed. The idea was good and fun but they came up with the -10% to +10% power difference ratio for the enemy teams in order to make it more "challenging" aka. have you flip the **** out when you just hit level 40 and never bought anything from them or even if you did you've never been dropped OP toons. The retreating mechanic was actually a part of the design. It was meant to be there.
    BUT ! Something happened. People realized that they could also force quit the app and thus gain an extra level of advantage.
    Retreating - OK!
    Force quitting - OK!
    Retreating AND Force quitting - NOT OK! - so you see game designers and dear fellow players, here's where they found out that they had a problem. People that would use both of these ways had higher completion rates in the GW which obviously meant less money for them, since more shards were being given for free.

How did they choose to fix this so that the game mode stayed fun and challenging enough for players not to quit the game ??? Well the obvious answer, at least for me, would have been to implement a method of saving battle progress (just like the retreat button does) automatically and have the game pick back up from where it left off even when the players tried to force quit the app. As a coder and app developer I can assure everyone that this is very possible ! 100% I will stick my life on this ! It is doable.

What did EA do ? They chose the lazy, 5 minutes of work solution, which is to just freaking disable the retreating mechanic and go around it as if the game had force quit and reloaded the old data from before.

I have no words. This game has caused me so much anger and frustration that it should be banned and its makers never be allowed to make games ever again.

It is a shameless money grab using the Star Wars universe.

And before you ask, no, I have never bought anything in SWGOH and I will never do unless it's cosmetic. I will gladly pay for cosmetic but NEVER EVER for winning.

Hey mods, enjoy the shitstorm that will follow your lazy "fix" for the GW.

Im in computer science right now and coding on processing is harder than anything i have ever seen....
  • I agree ReeYees. I prefer the new GW system and it seems to be easier to complete than before and, in a lot of ways, much more enjoyable. It feels as if you get to really think about team vs team options, not just when to run away. I do think however it forces people to get more characters, which isn't great for everyone
  • hmmm funny, I can finish GW in both F2P and P2P accounts, and I have a way better time finishing it in my F2P (which i don't really care, and just play straightforward). Guess they make a match of squads you can actually win. So much for what most called a P2W game.

So for those whining about the retreat function, just don't...

Bummer about not having new characters though. And btw I still have unresolved business with shard count from data cards, I'm not so much buying the "visual bug" as stated, but I didn't record anything, as I thought this wouldn't happen. This almost made me quit, but the fact that this is SW didn't.

Also, refresh cost is near insane after 100 or 200 for cantina, throw us a bone here. Drop rate on purple mats and the amount needed to fill a slot bores me.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    What would be good is to show the cantina battle level not just the letter when using the find shards button for a character.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • @Willkimm98 it's not exactly coding on processing as you'd learn in a course, where you would need to work with a freaking operating system, not a crappy game
    don't try to make this more complicated than it is
    you just simply keep a double buffer of everything that has happened and when it happens you use a secondary thread (async task) to offload the buffer into the local preferences of the app in the background
    this literally takes a couple of milliseconds... the players would have to move so fast and try to close the app that it's not physically possible for anyone
    yes sure, people will maybe start hacking the local preferences for the game ... but who the hell would invest that much time into such a thing ? it would take too much and in order to make it efficient you'd have to build a special app to do it, which again, could you upload it to the store ? obviously not...

Also, I'm seeing a pattern of 1~2 posts people coming here just to praise the new GW system.... it's pathetic, does EA really believe us this dumb ?
  • - The functionality of Retreat has been changed so that it behaves the same as force-quitting the app. While we understand that many players relied on Retreating as part of their strategy, ultimately there were two different ways to leave a battle that didn’t behave the same way (Retreating, and force-quitting the app). We decided that in order to keep the experience fair and consistent, we would change the behavior of Retreat to work the same as force-quitting.

NO!!! :(
  • Terminex wrote: »
    How does EA get away with updating this game outside of the Play Store? Updating apps outside of the Play Store is against Google Play policies.

"An app downloaded from Google Play may not modify, replace or update its own APK binary code using any method other than Google Play’s update mechanism" - excerpt from: https://play.google.com/about/developer-content-policy.html.

Is this app just a browser, and all the content is web-based?

Guess you don't understand the difference between client and server side updates.
  • Game was 10 stars until the latest update. Galaxy wars has no strategic value anymore. Lost my 5 stars and might lose my game play too. Game was getting repetitive at max level 60 and I was already on the fence (feeling like the game was fizzling out like so many others) sure you increase the level cap to 70 (which won't take but a few days for heavy gamers) but the real fun was galaxy wars. No new characters? Shame. I might stick around now but I'm not even worried about trying to get it done for the day...
  • I like the new mechanic of gw, now it encourages players to build a wide variety of toons not just only the 5 best characters that they use in arena.

My assajj and jedi consular will shine. Mwhaa ha ha ha cough cought...
  • murton09
    195 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Morenazo01 wrote: »
    Thanks EA for this Horrible update. Now just players that spend a lot of money and have lot of characters are going to finish Galactic War. EA Always finds a way to ruin the game. The most greedy company I've ever met.

You haven't met Scopely then. The system here mild and giving comparatively.
This discussion has been closed.