(Open Beta) Mod Database & Optimizer + Mod Guide

Replies

• Mod Guide updated on page 1. Version 1.3.

- Updated to reflect changes to Defense ingame.
  • Very Cool. Sure looks like it beats my spreadsheet. How do individual players get their mod data into the tool? Does it extract based on player id similar to how the SWGOH.gg collection tracker works?
  • Excellent. Thank you for the effort....
  • Quick question about the updated mod guide:

You note that defense and health sets are now fairly equal, with those characters with low base health preferring defense while those characters with high health will prefer the health bonus. To what extent does a character's protection matter? Do characters with a high sum of health and protection eventually always prefer defense mods?
  • Bublim wrote: »
    Quick question about the updated mod guide:

You note that defense and health sets are now fairly equal, with those characters with low base health preferring defense while those characters with high health will prefer the health bonus. To what extent does a character's protection matter? Do characters with a high sum of health and protection eventually always prefer defense mods?

Protection as a primary always wins. Since you don't get a Protection SET, then its up to Defense/Health to fill that gap, but both sets are mostly placeholders until you farm the other sets.

• ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Very Cool. Sure looks like it beats my spreadsheet. How do individual players get their mod data into the tool? Does it extract based on player id similar to how the SWGOH.gg collection tracker works?

At this time, no, it draws from a collected data for characters at MAX Gear/Star/Level and then you need to input your mods. You can also input your characters that are not maxed.

We might draw data from SWGOH.GG in the near future, but that would only apply to mods equiped and not what you have on your inventory (would have to add those manually)

Also, SWGOH.GG is having a lot of problems recently, so I'm not sure I can rely on their data.

On another note,

I'm working on changing some naming convetions (to match ingame names) and considering a complete visual overhaul before open beta. And then probably a tutorial option or video guide on how to use the tool.

There is not much to do code-wise until I get confirmation regarding Defense/Armor, and before they fix the current Health% and Offense% bug.

I wan't to get this out ASAP, but those 2 problems are holding me back.
  • You don't really need a tool to figure out what works. Good mods are few and far between, you know whom to assign them to without needing a theorycrafting calculator. Impressive work - sure - but we'll see if it's useful in practice. I'll put the 30speed mod on Rey without a tool.
  • You don't really need a tool to figure out what works. Good mods are few and far between, you know whom to assign them to without needing a theorycrafting calculator. Impressive work - sure - but we'll see if it's useful in practice. I'll put the 30speed mod on Rey without a tool.

Cool story Brah.
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    You don't really need a tool to figure out what works. Good mods are few and far between, you know whom to assign them to without needing a theorycrafting calculator. Impressive work - sure - but we'll see if it's useful in practice. I'll put the 30speed mod on Rey without a tool.

The tool has nothing to do with the guide...

The tool won't tell you what to mod for. It will help you get the best combination of stats according to what mod stats you want.

Unless you are Rain Man and can figure out the best combination out of 3000+ possible options :P
    Post edited by ZurinFet on
  • Martianski
    193 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    "*Avoid upgrading MK2 and MK4 mods as their primary % stat increase looks broken*"
    What do you mean? Primary status does not apply to character? Or maybe primary stat increase is too low compared to MK3 mod?
    Post edited by Martianski on
  • Martianski wrote: »
    "*Avoid upgrading MK2 and MK4 mods as their primary % stat increase looks broken*"
    What do you mean? Primary status does not apply to character? Or maybe primary stat increase is too low compared to MK3 mod?

a MK3 Health gives 3.88%.. an MK 4 Health only gives 4%... meanwhile a MK5 gives 5.88%

• Open Beta live!
  • Great work! Impressed
  • @ZurinFet
    You, Sir are the greatest American since Abraham Lincoln! I salute you!
  • I'm not getting wrong numbers with Health and Offense mods anymore, if anyone is still noticing a small disparity between the tool's health and offense numbers for mods at max level, please let me know.
  • That was what I was going to mention to you zurin. Will double check my numbers.
  • SilentLihn
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi dude
    Thx for your work here !
    Do you think that an auto import would work for SWGOH ? I know that it's workinf for games like Summoners War for exemple.
    We probably can take the infos from https://swgoh.gg for exemple.

Thx again
  • Quick question about Quality A-D mods. If I get a Quality D (green) mod and I upgrade it to level 3 is it ALWAYS going to buff that one known secondary stat or is there a chance that it will add a new secondary stat instead? I've upgraded quality C (blue) mods with 2 known secondaries and I feel like it always upgrades one of the two existing stats at 3/6 and only adds a 3rd secondary at level 9. Or is it completely random? Can you get mods with < 4 secondaries (by having the same secondary upgraded multiple times)? Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere...
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    This looks awesome!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • jtruts wrote: »
    Quick question about Quality A-D mods. If I get a Quality D (green) mod and I upgrade it to level 3 is it ALWAYS going to buff that one known secondary stat or is there a chance that it will add a new secondary stat instead? I've upgraded quality C (blue) mods with 2 known secondaries and I feel like it always upgrades one of the two existing stats at 3/6 and only adds a 3rd secondary at level 9. Or is it completely random? Can you get mods with < 4 secondaries (by having the same secondary upgraded multiple times)? Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere...

Ok so the first question is answered right in the guide:

Blue: "Improves the existing substats at level 3/6 (randomly). and gains other substats at levels 9/12"

Must not be possible to get mods with less than 4 secondaries.

I'm curious where these massive speed secondary mods are coming from? Must be quality A mods that get lucky by having the speed stat upgraded each time at levels 3/6/9/12?
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    SilentLihn wrote: »
    Hi dude
    Thx for your work here !
    Do you think that an auto import would work for SWGOH ? I know that it's workinf for games like Summoners War for exemple.
    We probably can take the infos from https://swgoh.gg for exemple.

Thx again

Its being worked on, but no timeframe.
    jtruts wrote: »
    Quick question about Quality A-D mods. If I get a Quality D (green) mod and I upgrade it to level 3 is it ALWAYS going to buff that one known secondary stat or is there a chance that it will add a new secondary stat instead? I've upgraded quality C (blue) mods with 2 known secondaries and I feel like it always upgrades one of the two existing stats at 3/6 and only adds a 3rd secondary at level 9. Or is it completely random? Can you get mods with < 4 secondaries (by having the same secondary upgraded multiple times)? Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere...

Green mod always gets the first substat power up to the existing substat, blue always gets the first 2 substat power ups to one or each the existing substats, an so on.

Amazing substat speed mods are A-Quality that have speed at level 1, and then the substat increase at 3/6/9/12 go to speed.

People are still reporting disparities with displayed numbers ingame for Health and Offense, that doesn't happen for all characters but could happen.

I'm checking what characters are showing incompatible numbers to try to pinpoint the error but so far is safe to say it is an ingame display problem.
  • ZurinFet wrote: »
    Amazing substat speed mods are A-Quality that have speed at level 1, and then the substat increase at 3/6/9/12 go to speed.

The chances of getting an A-Quality mod drop, one that has speed as a secondary, then getting all 4 (or 3 of the 4) upgrades to boost that one secondary.... ****

Probably mod purchased through shipments. Have had a couple purples drop but never a yellow of any tier.
  • Nice tool
  • Is there a tutorial on how to use this @ZurinFet ?
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    Is there a tutorial on how to use this @ZurinFet ?

working on it :) please be patient :relaxed:
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Is there a tutorial on how to use this @ZurinFet ?

working on it :) please be patient :relaxed:

You got it!

Thanks for doing this!
  • Couple questions to make sure I do this right:
    1. We enter our toons one by one correct?
    2. Do we enter modded values or base values?
    3. We enter each and every one of our mods on our bench (I would assume the junky non-upgraded ones or ones that we don't even want to use we'd just not enter) correct?

Thanks!
  • gobears21 wrote: »
    Couple questions to make sure I do this right:
    1. We enter our toons one by one correct?
    2. Do we enter modded values or base values?
    3. We enter each and every one of our mods on our bench (I would assume the junky non-upgraded ones or ones that we don't even want to use we'd just not enter) correct?

Thanks!

1 - Yes, but if its your first time using the tool check the IMPORT CHARACTERS as it has some 30 max characters already.

If one of those is a copy of what you have and yours is not max, just edit it or create another one with some other name like Rey, Rey2 or Rey*

2 - Enter base values, check the ? button on mods tab.

3- just enter mods that you think you will use. Or those that show some potential.