No more retreat complains! Yep!

So just doing my usual Galactir War run of the day and on surprise! The retreat option is now the force close option!. I think this is good although, I mean you usually only do it to eliminate those 30 defense that chewwie leader adds or that extra health recovery from lumi etc. So I think this is good and an example that the devs put attention on forums.

Replies

• I think they hit the wrong offender. Now they encourage force quit even more.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Well now there really isn't a big difference between retreating and force quitting. I like it.
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    Well now there really isn't a big difference between retreating and force quitting. I like it.

There's a massive difference lol retreating doesn't roll your toons back to the state they were prior to the match, if they die they stay dead. Force closing resets the match.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I just realized. That means the difficulty just increased by a lot. I'm ok with that though. It's supposed to be a real challenge to complete it. And if it now becomes impossible for some, then it's just got incitement to expand the roster and set up better teams.
  • Omg my guys don't reset too? I didn't realize because I lost almost no health in any of them so I just rolled like nothing...well...this is sure going to be interesting
  • I mostly only used retreat toallow scrubs to obsorb sidious/Vader ae and dots or pies expose I can still do this by letting the sub team just die end effect... nothing.
    I just realized. That means the difficulty just increased by a lot. I'm ok with that though. It's supposed to be a real challenge to complete it. And if it now becomes impossible for some, then it's just got incitement to expand the roster and set up better teams.

You do realize there's only 4 healers in the game? Lol once you get to 70 and every match is against 70s in VIII gear, those healers won't be enough to get you to the end without any sort of management, if you are having to pit them against teams for the entire duration of each match, as retreating will hinder you and not help in the slightest, they will logically die along the way. Two of those healers are very lacking, Talia and Barriss, so really it falls to Lumi and JC to Carrry you though 15 fights without breaks. And as for new players, who won't have Lumi yet, just JC. There's a challenge, then there's that.
  • There's other bugs in GW now too. I'm level 52 and my team just took on a team with two level 1's. The round before that there was a lvl 29 guy there.

You do realize there's only 4 healers in the game? Lol once you get to 70 and every match is against 70s in VIII gear, those healers won't be enough to get you to the end without any sort of management, if you are having to pit them against teams for the entire duration of each match, as retreating will hinder you and not help in the slightest, they will logically die along the way. Two of those healers are very lacking, Talia and Barriss, so really it falls to Lumi and JC to Carrry you though 15 fights without breaks. And as for new players, who won't have Lumi yet, just JC. There's a challenge, then there's that.

@Terrorize89 did you see what have you done? your complain now will be your greatest nightmare.. Force close.. Force close eberywhere.. :D
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    @Terrorize89 I just read that retreating also revives and heals your characters, and resets cooldowns. Not sure if that is accurate since I haven't tried it myself yet. But that would make a whole lot of sense imo.

So basically the devs took the force closing utility and turned it into an in-game feature.

So now I can't help but wonder if all the Force Close haters are going to advocate banning anybody who uses retreat. Or if it's ok since it's in-game now.

How delightfully intricate! Well played, GC! Well played!

0mKXcg1.gif?noredirect
  • CharLieTao
    44 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Some girl named @Kaevad2000 was whining too much and EA listened. Unbelievable.
  • well, only strategy now is to level up all your characters so you have spare bodies to throw at the unbeatable teams
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • So it's official, we force close users (altho rarely had to) were not cheaters or violaters after all :p
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Stupid MOVE EA, really really STUPID
  • This is bulls.hit
  • Ha hope all of you enjoy getting 400-600 less tokens a day.

There's a massive difference lol retreating doesn't roll your toons back to the state they were prior to the match, if they die they stay dead. Force closing resets the match.

Yes it does. I've retreated multiple times after a character has died and was revived when I went back in. It resets the entire battle.
  • Harmson wrote: »
    well, only strategy now is to level up all your characters so you have spare bodies to throw at the unbeatable teams

This won't work either. While I'm not sure if anyone has experienced it yet to comment, I will assume if you lose all 5 of your toons in a battle, the opponent will reset itself and now you will have to beat the same team (full health) with your B squad. It won't matter how many maxed out toons you have.

If this is the case, GW is nearly impossible to beat consistently.
  • IF YOU RETREAT IT ALSO REVIVES YOUR CHARACTERS!!!!!

CALM DOWN

man you would think they made a new pay only character that one shots the whole team way you are all going on about this.

When 3 of my characters come back after retreating, that tells me it's a bug. Yes my 3 characters that died came back after I retreated.

I mean lumi and jc kind of do have enough healing for that.

Also you forgot some healers. which can also do cool things like revive people. And whilst daka heals almost nothing ewok elder can heal through healing reduction and prevent loads of damage from debuffs and with all the extra turns he gets sometimes he heals more often than jc, with loads of extra benefits.

I've had my healers die multiple times before and still completed GW with just 5 people without the need to retreat.