Any new information?

Kyno
32087 posts Moderator
@EA_Jesse

Just wanted to know if we can get am update on the armor increase.....
EA_Jesse wrote: »
@Gungnir75 could you send me these screenshots along with any data you have on this? This may be a bug since I am not aware of any changes to the characters or armor in this update.

Is this a bug? Is it being investigated?
Or
Is this the new norm?

Even if you are unsure and it's just being looked into we would like to know. This change could effect ppl long term farming and gearing/modding plans.

Replies

• gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    I agree; either we can get a "oops, we'll fix that" or a "No, tell them their hosed" response by now....
  • Options
    I'm sure there's a good reason for their absence. They're probably busy investigating the claims.

We just need to be patient.
  • Options
    I, for one, like the defense change
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Patience should be taking off the virtue list haha. "It's too late!"
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    MosDefJeff wrote: »
    I'm sure there's a good reason for their absence. They're probably busy investigating the claims.

Maybe they're hiding in the shadows hoping that we forget about it, then next week they'll introduce a Defense Appreciation Event and all will be forgiven!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options

Your one of my favorite mods on here SP but come on... there's no reason we couldn't get a quick sentence first thing this morning. This was a major un-announced change to the game and we've had to wait all weekend cos some project manager decided to roll out a fairly major update to the game on a Friday.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    gobears21 wrote: »

Your one of my favorite mods on here SP but come on... there's no reason we couldn't get a quick sentence first thing this morning. This was a major un-announced change to the game and we've had to wait all weekend cos some project manager decided to roll out a fairly major update to the game on a Friday.

This.
    I didn't know it was the norm to have to hunt around the forums so we can find out the next unannounced change. Isn't that what the job title Community Manager entails? Actually communicating with and managing the community? Hello @EA_Jesse ?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Any update on this would be much appreciated
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options

It takes about two seconds to realize there's a difference. They are deciding if it's a "bug" (which means they revert). Or if it's intended and they "forgot" to tell Jesse.
  • Options
    I would like to know, too. It doesn't matter if it was an intentional change or not, but communication would be appreciated. It's odd to me that such a significant change would be omitted from the patch notes, though. Can't understand that decision.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I would like to know, too. It doesn't matter if it was an intentional change or not, but communication would be appreciated. It's odd to me that such a significant change would be omitted from the patch notes, though. Can't understand that decision.
    The bolded has been a recurring request...since November. :/

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Lol
  • Options
    On one hand, you almost feel bad for the developers, don't you? I know this is an assumption, but the job postings almost make you wonder if they're understaffed, which is why communication and some of the turn around has taken longer.

Again, not trying to make excuses, but maybe just a reason why we haven't heard anything.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    On one hand, you almost feel bad for the developers, don't you? I know this is an assumption, but the job postings almost make you wonder if they're understaffed, which is why communication and some of the turn around has taken longer.

Again, not trying to make excuses, but maybe just a reason why we haven't heard anything.

Well this game is a cash cow. I don't know how much of the profit ea takes, but I'm sure there's enough money to go around. I sincerely doubt the devs are in a sweat shop
  • SkyCake
    188 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Edit: Doesn't really matter, sorry.
  • Options
    SkyCake wrote: »

Patience can still be considered a virtue if not everyone has it. To be virtuous is to follow the tenants/rules, not to automatically have an understanding of them.

That's some deep stuff right there.

But to follow the rules, shouldn't there be understanding first? Or else, how do you know when you're following the rules?
  • Options

Count me in as well. And I'm not playing a defensive squad. Just nice to see combat slowed down a hair. Everyone's base defense was apparently doubled across the board. Tanks and non tanks.

The big concern might be timing out of arena matches, but if it becomes problematic it would be easy to extend the timer to 7 or 8 minutes if it's needed. I'm not sure it will be though. People have bragged about winning pvp matches in 2 minutes (less even?).

To crack tanks you'll want to bring strong DPS. If it's here to stay, give it time and everything will settle down. The AI is still bad, so if running your last attack with a tank team to turtle for the night becomes the norm, so be it.

Just look at mod guides and how defense was essentially worthless for everyone, now there's merit to those mods. More characters will be brought into the fold. Adapt and overcome.
  • SkyCake
    188 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    SkyCake wrote: »

Patience can still be considered a virtue if not everyone has it. To be virtuous is to follow the tenants/rules, not to automatically have an understanding of them.

That's some deep stuff right there.

But to follow the rules, shouldn't there be understanding first? Or else, how do you know when you're following the rules?

The subject would change to wisdom, at that point. We really shouldn't be talking about this.... But, if someone really cared more about virtues beyond common sayings, they will always seek understanding and accept they may never fully understand. We all know what it's like to wait, yet here we are on a thread asking for action.

Luckily, you're Wolverine and have plenty of time to follow that path! I'm sure ShaolinPunk would join you and it would make for a nice action/comedy movie with a deeper meaning then we thought when entering the theatre.

Edit: This really is getting off-topic, though. Good luck with getting your answer, OP!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I can go either way but just wanted to know for long term perposes if this will stick around.
    Any update on this would be much appreciated

+100, they had enough time to figure out if it was an intended change or not.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Still nothing?
  • Options
    Up
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Maybe they're hiding in the shadows hoping that we forget about it, then next week they'll introduce a Defense Appreciation Event and all will be forgiven!

Lmao!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Still nothing?

It's only 2:45 pm in California - dudes are just starting their...nevermind.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Still nothing?

It's only 2:45 pm in California - dudes are just starting their...nevermind.

Siesta time!
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    This is ridiculous.... my droid can't beat these Fives, Aayla, B2, JKA, RG teams anymore.... I get one run and they're done. I have fives take out 4 of my toons now.....
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    It takes about two seconds to realize there's a difference. They are deciding if it's a "bug" (which means they revert). Or if it's intended and they "forgot" to tell Jesse.
    Exactly. But it takes a week to see if spending is going up or down.
  • Options
    The Changes are good, with more Defense you have more tactical possibilities per match.
This discussion has been closed.