Are there some rules to top 5 PvP that I don't know about?!?

Prev1
djlott
469 posts Member
edited August 2016
A guild mate of mine hit and held #1 in Arena yesterday (first time) and we had a mini guild celebration about it on Discord. Then he tells me that he received a message from the guy he apparently sniped for 1st. It was a rather polite congratulations message that also came with some rules of etiquette about how impolite it is for #5 to snipe the #1, #2, or #3 positions. He went on to say that the top #4 and #5 should battle among themselves because the 200 gem difference between 1st and 5th is a huge burn, etc.

Now my first though about this was **** AYFKM?!? Is this just a few guys that have ruled the top positions for so long that they came up with their own rules. And do they really think this is legitimate?

Replies

• christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I would have sent him a polite message back saying "Thank you, but **** off."
  • EVRT
    201 posts Member
    I would have sent him a polite message back saying "Thank you, but **** off."

OK, I think this is enough validation for me. Thank you!!!!!
    Discord: EVRT #5566 Line: bevrt
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    ^ LOL THAT has been the unanimous thought from almost our entire guild.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Maybe it is because they've been there for so long and didn't expect it to ever happen.

I can say one thing, if it were me i would be pumped and battle for it no matter what. On the other hand, they may now all target you so i'm not sure. But at end of the day it's just a game so i would probably NOT follow their Rules and enjoy the game.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Yea there is no such thing as etiquette in pvp. Take what you can, give nothing back. He just wants to secure his crystals. Kindly ensure you focus fire him specifically because they seem the type to quit out of frustration, which just makes it easier on you :)
  • EVRT
    201 posts Member
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    Maybe it is because they've been there for so long and didn't expect it to ever happen.

I can say one thing, if it were me i would be pumped and battle for it no matter what. On the other hand, they may now all target you so i'm not sure. But at end of the day it's just a game so i would probably NOT follow their Rules and enjoy the game.

Completely agree! Just a game in the end, enjoy some competition. There are enough rules already in this game, not going to follow some additional made up ones
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    @EVRT :) glad you agree. They are most likely PTP so they have been there and have been used to it for so long they don't remember what it's like to grind. This guy finally made it so i would happily attack them over and over because guess what YOU MADE IT!
  • EVRT
    201 posts Member
    Yah, I'm sure I have a giant red target on my back now, but oh well. I say bring on the competition. It is called ARENA
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    EVRT wrote: »
    Yah, I'm sure I have a giant red target on my back now, but oh well. I say bring on the competition. It is called ARENA

haha AMEN and best of luck!
  • There are no rules when it comes to arena, only strategy. A lot of players prefer sitting in the top 3 or 4 and then duking it out the last 15 min or so. That way if they get sniped out of first, they probably will still get 2nd or 3rd place rewards. On the other hand if you don't sit there and try sniping those spots, 5th is the BEST position to be in. You can reach 1-4 and non of them can battle you/lock you in, 1-4 can only battle each other.

So yeah, he's probably just used to the way he's been doing things at his timezone, and you upset the natural order of things. That whole "4th and 5th should battle" is ****, go for first every time. :)
  • Nope.. No rules in PVP, do whatever you feel you should in order to grab #1. :)

HOWEVER, there *are* rules on the forum, let's watch the language *and abbreviations).. even if it's filtered there are people that can see it.

Just saying. :/

• EVRT
    201 posts Member
    There are no rules...

53797963.jpg
  • Honestly I try to be a gentleman in arena. If possible I will position myself in second before attacking the 1st place squad. That way I'm not screwing them out of extra crystals at the last minute. However that is not always possible with several people battling for position. If you try to go out of your way to be respectful then you can wind up screwing yourself too.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    I finally hit #1 today myself. I was able to stay at #2 before I took #1 but I don't think there should be a rule unless there's some sort of collusion with each other on who gets what rank for the week.
  • Tonizzles
    8 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I don't play by any particular rules when it comes to climbing the ranks, but just today, some total dbag went way out of his way to screw me out of crystals.

It all started 2hrs before payout, I was 6th, he was 10th, we kept switching back and forth until I had to use a refresh, I backed down from the rank swapping and took 8th, then 5th (rank 4 was a tough fight if I recall). Then this **** took 5th from 6th, yes you read that right; he used an arena battle to move up ONE rank, then took 1st with about 30 minutes left until payout. I got fed up with this piece of crap and used a cooldown refresh to lock him out for the remaining 10 minutes while I held 1st.

If you bothered to read through the rank swaps, you'll notice he specifically targetted me for most of the fights, for what seemed to be no reason at all.

Also, some backstory to my payout time for my shard...up until recently there had been only two active players and we usually hold 1st and 2nd by payout, we never colluded but there seemed to be a mutual understanding, with a few exceptions, but never a spiteful case such as the one detailed above. Now, there's two more active players during my payout (one of whom is a guildmate). So yeah, a grand total of 4 active players during my payout and yet this one guy tried his darnedest to be a dbag. In this case, I'm glad I knocked him down to 5th and kept him there for 10 minutes. I can only imagine him sitting there rapidly tapping refresh while I had him locked out.
  • EVRT
    201 posts Member
    Well, a friendly in my PvP reached out to me letting me know there are some players at the top that will do anything to hold their spots and that if I continue to "snipe" they will most likely band together and do whatever to keep me out. And I'm fine with that. Heck, if I make top 30 I'm happy. But if I get that chance to snipe #1 again, best believe I'm taking it and they are just going to have to be upset!!
  • There are no rules. But If you avoid me I will avoid you. For example, if I have the same payout and avoid you only trying for third or fourth, leaving you to take first or second, you should leave me alone.

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • MrClean621 wrote: »
    Honestly I try to be a gentleman in arena. If possible I will position myself in second before attacking the 1st place squad. That way I'm not screwing them out of extra crystals at the last minute. However that is not always possible with several people battling for position. If you try to go out of your way to be respectful then you can wind up screwing yourself too.
    I second this. This is the gentleman's way. No one will fault you for sniping #1 for your payout. However, you should try to not "harm" others more than needed. As rule of thumb I would suggest that you shouldn't attack #1 from a rank that is higher than the number of active players with the same payout.
    That's good for yourself, too, as you might get counterattacked by the player you beat to get #1. Also try not to attack in the last 15-20 minutes before the full hour if it's not your payout (if you can avoid it). You might unwittingly snipe someone at their payout.
  • EVRT wrote: »
    There are no rules...

53797963.jpg

Pretty sure this is NOT the first rule of Fight Club, and that you are breaking the REAL first rule...
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Lillegre wrote: »
    There are no rules...

53797963.jpg

Pretty sure this is NOT the first rule of Fight Club, and that you are breaking the REAL first rule...

Yeah, we're not even supposed to talk about it, Tyler said so!

"Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Lillegre wrote: »
    There are no rules...

53797963.jpg

Yeah, we're not even supposed to talk about it, Tyler said so!

We gotta get EVRT's balls.... You know, the ones he uses to play snooker!
  • EVRT wrote: »
    There are no rules...

53797963.jpg

I wrote a similar version about that on forum rules, you should check it out.
  • Of course there's etiquette in pvp among the top 10! If you're doing it right at least. Knocking #1 to 5 is a slap in the face. It's saying: take this crap reward for your effort. You should find out what everyone's payout is, and work around it, if there's multiple people fighting for one payout time, then either snipe it everyday, or discuss sharing top spots. If you wish to keep it a brawling pit, that's fine too, but eventually you'll get **** off when someone new comes along and you don't have any allies to help you hold it down...
  • Of course there's etiquette in pvp among the top 10! If you're doing it right at least. Knocking #1 to 5 is a slap in the face. It's saying: take this **** reward for your effort. You should find out what everyone's payout is, and work around it, if there's multiple people fighting for one payout time, then either snipe it everyday, or discuss sharing top spots. If you wish to keep it a brawling pit, that's fine too, but eventually you'll get **** off when someone new comes along and you don't have any allies to help you hold it down...

Erm, no! as a top #10'er, I want to be in the highest placed spot I can be at 6pm BST,... that is all! No **** etiquette required!
  • djlott wrote: »
    A guild mate of mine hit and held #1 in Arena yesterday (first time) and we had a mini guild celebration about it on Discord. Then he tells me that he received a message from the guy he apparently sniped for 1st. It was a rather polite congratulations message that also came with some rules of etiquette about how impolite it is for #5 to snipe the #1, #2, or #3 positions. He went on to say that the top #4 and #5 should battle among themselves because the 200 gem difference between 1st and 5th is a huge burn, etc.

Now my first though about this was **** AYFKM?!? Is this just a few guys that have ruled the top positions for so long that they came up with their own rules. And do they really think this is legitimate?

How do u recieve messages other than guild messages??
  • @Lillegre fine, but as a top 10er as well, I only use 2-3 battles to reach first, and the rest to play defense for others. So that on days I'm not available during my payout OTHERS are there to help me
  • @Lillegre fine, but as a top 10er as well, I only use 2-3 battles to reach first, and the rest to play defense for others. So that on days I'm not available during my payout OTHERS are there to help me

You turtle.. weak! I run my arena team, 24/7... come beat me!

Also, given your Forum name this is #notthegameyouarelookingfor... Try Cersei's Tower Twist!
  • Hahaha that sounds like something I'd actually enjoy
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    djlott wrote: »

How do u recieve messages other than guild messages??

We have a very active Discord server. My guild mate EVRT received a forum message cause his IGN and Forum name are the same.