There is no defense apocalypse calm down I'll still destroy all of you with my droids

No droids are not nerfed. I have not noticed a difference. No you don't have to change your arena team. In the end this defense buff will be healthier for the game all though I still have not noticed much of a difference.

Replies

• gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Post your droid squad and post a pic of your arena's top teams....
  • Barry
    127 posts Member
    Options
    I use hk g7 88 g10 86 g10 pog g9 all 7* and 5* g9 je and have broken into top 20 @ payout last 2 days
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Barry wrote: »
    I use hk g7 88 g10 86 g10 pog g9 all 7* and 5* g9 je and have broken into top 20 @ payout last 2 days

my droids have been first in arena for over a month.... this isn't about arena position it is about a clear nerfing un-announced... it's about losing big to squads that I could beat easily before the update.

I do believe people with weak teams around them could still think droids are fine... that's not the point.
  • Options
    I need advice on modding 88?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Love the title.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Ok post a video of you against a Clone team, even Rex lead will do.
    Also post a video of you against an Anakin lead team with Aayla, Fives, Sun Fac, Rg, etc.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    ExitMusic wrote: »

Prior to the change, crit damage mods were highly effective for him. For 88, crit damage on triangle, potency on cross are huge. Beyond that, crit chance and offense are great secondary mods.

If you can set the speed, having B2 and HK go before 88 with crit damage is an amazingly effective setup.
  • Options
    MosDefJeff wrote: »

Prior to the change, crit damage mods were highly effective for him. For 88, crit damage on triangle, potency on cross are huge. Beyond that, crit chance and offense are great secondary mods.

If you can set the speed, having B2 and HK go before 88 with crit damage is an amazingly effective setup.

Thanks! I can farm defense, health and crit damage currently
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    What's the possible nerf? I've noticed a bit more difficult time in arena but it's more been due to above average dodge rates with Ben and Dooku.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    He+doesn+t+afraid+of+anything+i+m+pakulu+very+cute_e24608_4706752.jpg
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

How do you do that with Jawa Engineer? Even if I jack up he speed for everyone but 88 he still ends up going first most of the time since they all reach full turn meter from the +45 recalibrate at the same time.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Options
    My Arena's top team:

Rex
    RG
    Rey
    Phasma
    QGJ/SF depending on the opponent

Also the other #1 team since Sat:
    Phasma
    FotP
    RG
    Rex
    SF

The three tank thing is easily beat.
  • Options
    You can set it. JE goes first, but then based on the speed of others, it determines order. It's like a race, they all cross the finish line, but who crosses it first, second, third plays a role. Modding wisely can help, need to pay attention to your secondary speed mods and keep track, but when you get the right combo, it's beautiful.
  • Options
    You need to be careful as well with 88. Rex lead team will eat you alive if he's your first toon out of the gate.
  • Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »

How do you do that with Jawa Engineer? Even if I jack up he speed for everyone but 88 he still ends up going first most of the time since they all reach full turn meter from the +45 recalibrate at the same time.

My hk had 129 speed and 88 is 128 HK always goes 1st.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Ok post a video of you against a Clone team, even Rex lead will do.
    Also post a video of you against an Anakin lead team with Aayla, Fives, Sun Fac, Rg, etc.

Clone teams with Rex lead were already a challenge with droids. Giving 35-75 TM per aoe is brutal. I know I can play differently, but my droids don't care when they are on defense aoe all day ery day.

Now for counters, we have the nebit. My nebit has 73k ehp. His taunt is as long as his cooldown. Nebit's 3 attack assist with 86 assist puts us Ahead of counters.

Only really clones and bad dodge give me problems.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    My Arena's top team:

Rex
    RG
    Rey
    Phasma

Phasma
    FotP
    RG
    Rex
    SF

Those are weak squads....
  • Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »

You probably need higher speed on your JE. If your JE isn't fast enough, the droids will have too much TM after recalibrate, and their turn will be a coinflip of who goes first because they all end on 100% TM.
  • Options
    Key for droids is the AOE defense down on HK and 88, if that lands, its like the armor buff never happened
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    My Arena's top team:

Rex
    RG
    Rey
    Phasma

Phasma
    FotP
    RG
    Rex
    SF

Those are weak squads....
    There are 3 maxed droid squads on the server. And mine is pretty close. Yes teams like that were battling for one in their time zones. Along with droids and ben lead. And clone team was already automatic one. Droids with rg, and droids with nebit are taking backseat, already. These tanky teams are on top because now they can easily beat droids on offense. And clones and counterattack teams. Droids can't reciprocate the latter.