Leveling Aayla worth it?

JediMasterGibs
421 posts Member
edited January 2016
I'm f2p and I pulled Aayla from a chromium pack a while ago. She's been excellent so far but I don't want to waste energy getting her GL 6 when I know I'll never be able to * her up.

Thoughts? Also I have a few character at gear level 7 right now, don't really want to move them past it because it's really a pain, so now I need to know who to * up first out of farmable characters up hard hard levels 5 on both sides.

Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    She has great mechanics but will struggle in arena at 4* only. Her counter and stun have a lot of utility and could do well for deepening your GW roster.
  • Options
    You're really going to need a deep roster now for GW with the changes today.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Haven't finished a GW in days.... Thanks for the insight. I think I'll continue working on consular, chewie, and FO-ST as farmables. Really wish I was at the point where I could farm Ima-Gun
  • Options
    Aayla at 4* Gear 6.

I really want to believe in Aayla but I'm slowly giving away to the more farmable characters.

Pros:
    1) she's a fully self sufficient attacker with self heal
    2) she works well with bonus attacks with likes of Phasma in the lead
    3) she stuns

Cons:
    1) not farmable
    2) gearing up is super time consuming for her with double 20 mats
    3) leadership skill is boring, and useless

She used to be my choice as the sturdy attacker on my team over Ahsoka.
    But since I've mined Ahsoka to 6* I only use her for the B team on GW and have abandoned levelling her at 58.

• Options
    Melisan wrote: »
    Aayla at 4* Gear 6.

I really want to believe in Aayla but I'm slowly giving away to the more farmable characters.

Pros:
    1) she's a fully self sufficient attacker with self heal
    2) she works well with bonus attacks with likes of Phasma in the lead
    3) she stuns

Cons:
    1) not farmable
    2) gearing up is super time consuming for her with double 20 mats
    3) leadership skill is boring, and useless

She used to be my choice as the sturdy attacker on my team over Ahsoka.
    But since I've mined Ahsoka to 6* I only use her for the B team on GW and have abandoned levelling her at 58.

That's super helpful! Thanks. I think I'll focus on other now. I was actually going to give up on Ahsoka. Do you like her at high levels? And people keep mentioning Aayla at 4*, I swear mine is 3*....
  • Options
    She starts at 3* btw
  • Options
    I'm using a 5* Gear VII Aayla in my Jedi team.

My experience is that she works best with other characters that generate extra attacks like Phasma (as leader), QGJ and Kit Fisto. Her proc is kinda like a mini version of Phasma's leader ability with bonus damage given to Jedi assists at higher levels. It works super well with her unique ability that gives her 65% counter chance. She can counter and call an ally to counter along with her as well. On some occasions I have had her counter, proc Kit to counter too and then cause Kit's proc to make him attack twice.

That being said, her unique ability and basic attack proc dont really trigger all that much at lower ability levels so she's weak early. At those early levels she was a very sub-par member in my team. The only reason I persisted was the fact that I had her at 5* and I had a decent QGJ and Kit in my Jedi team.

If you plan on being a free player I suggest you give her a pass, straight up. There are honestly other better options for you.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Atwell wrote: »
    I'm using a 5* Gear VII Aayla in my Jedi team.

My experience is that she works best with other characters that generate extra attacks like Phasma (as leader), QGJ and Kit Fisto. Her proc is kinda like a mini version of Phasma's leader ability with bonus damage given to Jedi assists at higher levels. It works super well with her unique ability that gives her 65% counter chance. She can counter and call an ally to counter along with her as well. On some occasions I have had her counter, proc Kit to counter too and then cause Kit's proc to make him attack twice.

That being said, her unique ability and basic attack proc dont really trigger all that much at lower ability levels so she's weak early. At those early levels she was a very sub-par member in my team. The only reason I persisted was the fact that I had her at 5* and I had a decent QGJ and Kit in my Jedi team.

If you plan on being a free player I suggest you give her a pass, straight up. There are honestly other better options for you.

Hope this helps.

Awesome advice. I've always liked her character, but until she's farmable, I'll stick with some other people. For now I've replaced her with the consular (purple gear), at least on my arena team... But he's so weak!