Guild Hopping Solution

We know some guilds will continue to work the system so they can do as many as 6 raids per week. They do 2-3 raids in 24 hours in one guild, hop to next guild, wait 48 hours and finish building up coins, then do 2-3 raids in that guild....and repeat. Everyone needs an alt to make this work.

To prevent people from working the system, we just need one more limitation put in place.

Only allow people to change guilds TWICE in a given 30 day period. This allows people to "honestly" leave a guild to help another guild out if necessary or "honestly" experiment with something in another guild....and then go back to their primary/home guild.

Or if people genuinely do not like the current guild they are in, join another and decide they do not like it then they can leave one more time to another guild in that 30 day period.

My thoughts on the matter...

Replies

• .....or create an alt account and alt guild and put the work in.
  • I think the 48 hour cool down is more than enough. This would end up being a system of punishment for people who cannot find a good fit in a guild. Those who work the system, will always find new ways to work the system.
  • Kramer
    84 posts Member
    So because there's no way of previewing a guild if you join a couple guilds and both of them aren't what you're looking for you're screwed? Or if you leave one guild in a 30 day period then join a second one and within that 30 day period it falls apart you're screwed for the rest of the month?
  • its not in their interest to nerf alternate accounts.. it just hurts their bottomline metrics
  • In all honesty, the whole hopping prevention system sounds too much like the old USSR, where people were not allowed to change place they lived/work. Why even try to limit those who think they can be more active in multiple guilds? Hopping is already a hassle, why add extra limits/punishment?
    In our guild, when we first started doing T7 raids back in May, a sister guild seriously helped us through our first few raids, before we grew our own muscle. Under the current conditions I doubt it would happen, which would mean we would have been stuck with T6 for another month or so.