Best F2P farm route

Replies

• Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Either way's probably fine, but I think you need to plan more specifically for arena, which is where most of your crystals are going to come from. The best way to do that is to identify the best 5 man squads you can work towards at midgame (50+), lategame (70+), and endgame (80). I don't include levels under 50 because iirc you can pretty much use any combo and get top 50 or even top 20 every day.

Farming Lumi is pretty much a necessity if you don't use droids, but you don't really need to get her past 5 or 6 stars and g7 as long as you're getting enough attackers elsewhere to power through GW. I think I took her to 5* then got Phasma all the way to 7.

I farmed Leia then Ackbar from arena, but if I were to do it over, I would definitely choose STHan first. The reasons are:
    1. OB (L), STHan is a better arena base than Ackbar Leia. This is not debatable, especially in the age of speed mods. You don't need OB higher than 4* either unless you're using him for Yoda.
    2. The credit heist is the most important thing in the game. Being ahead in credits over your competition allows you to buy better mods, which will make you better in arena. Farming STHan also means you don't need to have a rebel heavy arena lineup and can go straight for 88 to get the CH done asap.
    3. The best attackers pre-80 are now Wiggs, Rey, and GS. Ackbar Leia is entirely not necessary and will put you behind others that went for Wiggs.

With that in mind, I think the best midgame lineup would be OB (L), STH, Rey, Wiggs and the best lategame lineup would be Wiggs/Lando/QGJ/STH
    In summary:
    Arena: STH, Leia/88, Rebels/Droids
    GW: Lumi (to 5/6), Phasma, Biggs, Teebo
    Cantina: GS (4/5), OB(4), Lando, Wedge
    Cantina Coins: QGJ, Boba (4)
    Guild: Rey
    Hard Nodes: Rey, RG, Anakin

Basically, I'm of the opinion that this guide in terms of toons is outdated with the CHeist and Wiggs being available, but a lot of the general ideas are great (only farming certain toons to the point that you can do their challenges, making sure to fill out factions). The most important thing is just to read and predict the meta so that you can figure out what lineups are going to become outdated and which ones will still work.
    Post edited by Zooey on
  • I Just started my second account a couple days ago, and on my old account I really wanted a droid team. That was a while ago, so the characters have been nerfed and changed in many ways. I was just wondering if "Darth_Azrael" could possibly make another guide similar to the first post in this thread. That first one was a couple weeks ago and I need an up-to-date one. Thanks!

Second, I saw somewhere that this is a great team: HK-47(L), IG86, B2, General Grevious, and Jawa Engineer. Is this a good team? Any thoughts anyone? I'm not even remotely close to ever getting this team, but it is a very cool setup and I was just wondering about it.

If "Darth_Azrael" can't make a new guide, I will just follow the first guide, unless anyone has any different advice.
  • @KillerSwan13

Are you planning to do droid? And if so, are you planning to get the droid pack at the start? If so, the droid path will work very well for you. If you are not buying the droid pack, I can give you the modified path based on my own restart doing droids.

If you don't want to do droids, the one posted above by @Zooey is a good plan, or you can give your goals/ambitions and someone can try and help you write out a path.
  • Sorry for not specifying. I REALLY want a droid team. Always have. I am a FTP player, so I will not be buying the droid pack. Thanks for the help!
  • Currently I have no droids. But I have 15 shards for IG-88, and 10 for Nebit. (like I said, I just started this account the other day.) ;)
  • @MithliCathal

Do you run a droid team?

I am lvl 36 right now, so my available places to farm things are:

Cantina battles, kind of, not really. (my team is not very strong)

Cantina coins

Guild Store, Dont have enough coins yet though

Arena

Hard Nodes, up to section 3 in light side, section 2 in dark side

Thanks again!

• @Zooey

Fantastic distillation of where the current game sits, thanks for sharing!

I've got most of what you recommend here (in more of a late-game situation, f2p joined late April, 20 toons at 7* and 8 at g9+), but I am missing Wedge. He's my top priority for the Cantina but I've been working to finish Jawa first (58/100), as it seems that little bugger would be awfully useful in the current raid and maybe more so in the impending tank take-down. Knowing it could still take over a week to get him though, is Wedge crucial enough to switch over immediately and just farm Jawa via his LS/DS nodes, or at this point do I finish my little desert monk before moving on?
  • @Zooey , good points! I will make new exceptions on the farm route considering these possibilities.
  • Hello @KillerSwan13 !

Your lineup, HK-47 (L), IG-86, IG-88, JE and Nebit, is the best for droids actually. Some players swap Nebit for B2 and works well too. But the droid path is difficult without droid pack. I know, F2P dont want to spent in game, but consider that: 3 key heroes for droid team are in arena. RG can be used for awhile in Nebit's spot, but you need HK-47 and IG-88 together in your composition.

In GW, max IG-86 ASAP. Use hard nodes too.
  • I consider myself f2p, but did buy the droid pack. It was 24.99 and gives you the 3 main droids needed when starting out. I figure with the amount of time I will spend on the game compared to the amount of time saved from having to farm all 3, it was worth it. I do not plan on spending further money on the game.

After taking advantage of the double drop weekend a couple weeks ago and the double drop GW currently, I feel like I'm doing well and am ahead of pace.

I currently run 4*HK, 5*88, 6*86, nebit and either 100 or rg. At level 50, I reach top 20 and usually drop to the high 30s overnight. I'm still 40 shards from JE so we'll see how that goes.

• Vasherized wrote: »
    I consider myself f2p, but did buy the droid pack. It was 24.99 and gives you the 3 main droids needed when starting out. I figure with the amount of time I will spend on the game compared to the amount of time saved from having to farm all 3, it was worth it. I do not plan on spending further money on the game.

After taking advantage of the double drop weekend a couple weeks ago and the double drop GW currently, I feel like I'm doing well and am ahead of pace.

I currently run 4*HK, 5*88, 6*86, nebit and either 100 or rg. At level 50, I reach top 20 and usually drop to the high 30s overnight. I'm still 40 shards from JE so we'll see how that goes.

You are in the right way! When JE is in your composition, you will see your team shine.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    If the Galaxy Note 7 promotion bundle is still available I'd suggest getting that, it's a good jumpstart for droid squads
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    If the Galaxy Note 7 promotion bundle is still available I'd suggest getting that, it's a good jumpstart for droid squads

And when you've finished buying the bundle, the Note turns into a convenient little campfire for roasting marshmallows, too! What a deal....
  • Hello everyone! I made some changes based on current meta, new events and new level challenges. Share your ideas!
  • Hello @KillerSwan13 !

Your lineup, HK-47 (L), IG-86, IG-88, JE and Nebit, is the best for droids actually. Some players swap Nebit for B2 and works well too. But the droid path is difficult without droid pack. I know, F2P dont want to spent in game, but consider that: 3 key heroes for droid team are in arena. RG can be used for awhile in Nebit's spot, but you need HK-47 and IG-88 together in your composition.

In GW, max IG-86 ASAP. Use hard nodes too.

Thanks for the advice! I will definitely consider buying it.
  • @KillerSwan13
    Sorry, I did not respond sooner. Like those stated above, buying the droid pack definitely makes it much easier, and if you do, still follow the droid path outlined. If you are not buying the droid pack, I would unlock hk, then do 88. Otherwise you will be around level 60 or so before you finally get hk... like me. JE... just get in an active guild, so that you can make sure you have the guild currency when JE shows up, otherwise that will end up being a very slow farm. Good luck building your droid team and let me know if you have any questions.
  • @KillerSwan13
    Sorry, I did not respond sooner. Like those stated above, buying the droid pack definitely makes it much easier, and if you do, still follow the droid path outlined. If you are not buying the droid pack, I would unlock hk, then do 88. Otherwise you will be around level 60 or so before you finally get hk... like me. JE... just get in an active guild, so that you can make sure you have the guild currency when JE shows up, otherwise that will end up being a very slow farm. Good luck building your droid team and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks a lot!
  • Just in case anyone was wondering, me and @Darth_Azrael chatted a little bit yesterday and gave me some great advice concerning the droid team.

First, he said that it is definitely a good idea to buy the droid pack, and to take advantage of it when it offers it to you.

Second, he said this guide was a good one: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/19901/a-very-specific-guide-for-f2p-players-lvl-1-70. It is pretty outdated, but you can still get some ideas from it.

Third, he said that if you missed the first droid pack offer, and you started your account within a week ago, it wouldn't hurt to restart.

Thanks again @Darth_Azrael!
  • KillerSwan13
    97 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Does anybody actually recommend the droid team at all? I am seeing the @Zooey guide and the @Darth_Azrael guide, and it seems like it would be much easier for me as a low level player to go for a simpler team like these non-droid guides are showing. What does everybody think?
  • Does anybody actually recommend the droid team at all? I am seeing the @Zooey guide and the @Darth_Azrael guide, and it seems like it would be much easier for me as a low level player to go for a simpler team like these non-droid guides are showing. What does everybody think?

I started in late April, determined to be a true f2p player, so I skipped the droid pack and thus still only have 88 and 86 at max (low-level 100, no other droids). It seems droids would be fun to play, and they certainly are dominant in arena, but I've been consistently top-30 for a couple months now with my more standard lineups (currently STH/Daka/RG/Rey/QGJ), so they're hardly crucial. I think it's just a question of your priorities for the game, and how willing you are to spend the money on the droid pack.

Seems to me, based on all the forum posts I've read over the months, that the most important factors in performing well in arena are 1) focusing, at least to some degree, on your arena team for upgrades, and planning ahead for rotations to the team composition so you can take advantage of synergies, not drop too far behind the meta, and never drop precipitously in AP; and 2) entering the game at the right time - - when I joined my shard, I was in the 400s, so I had very little trouble moving up the ranks quickly, and being active every day is enough to hold my spot.
  • I think that for now I am not going to invest in the droid team. I will follow the @Darth_Azrael Safe Guide for now, and then later when I have resources and stuff, I might work on the droid team. The reason I came to this conclusion is because the droid team is very hard to farm, especially at a low level. I am also not seeing as many droid teams in the high arena rankings as there used to be. They have all changed to what @Darth_Azrael has been recommending. If you have a different opinion, I would love to hear it! Thanks all!
  • Roc_Laivindur
    211 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    @KillerSwan13 - - fwiw, if I were starting a new account now, I think I'd go with the Zooey route (maybe even pushing Cad higher in GW farming and Dengar after Rey in Guild), focusing on scoundrels early. Being able to get heists and crit chance mods as soon as they're available to you is critical for supporting a quick roster build as a f2p player.
  • KillerSwan13
    97 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    @KillerSwan13 - - fwiw, if I were starting a new account now, I think I'd go with the Zooey route (maybe even pushing Cad higher in GW farming and Dengar after Rey in Guild), focusing on scoundrels early. Being able to get heists and crit chance mods as soon as they're available to you is critical for supporting a quick roster build as a f2p player.

Won't the credit heist be over by the time I finally even unlock those characters?
  • Won't the credit heist be over by the time I finally even unlock those characters?

@KillerSwan13 The credit heist has been coming back once a week since they revamped it. No indication that will change any time soon. I'm finishing the top tier right now, and it's a guaranteed 5m+ each week (I've gotten as much as 10m in a single day, and theoretically you *could* get 20m).
  • KillerSwan13
    97 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    @Roc_Laivindur That is a ton of credits. Great job changing my mind! So I will follow the @Zooey guide, and do you think you could tell me how many stars I should farm them up to before switching to the next guy, and which line-up using this guide is the best?
  • @KillerSwan13 - - hard to say if there's a "best" lineup. When I realized I should focus scoundrels, I already had STH at 6*, 88 at 7*, Chewie at 5*, and Dengar unlocked from monthly logins. Just needed to add Lando to the mix, and that team has been solid whether I lead with Lando (speed/crit dmg) or 88 (crit chance). I need to max or replace Chewie, as he's still squishy at 5* and I can't 3-star the final mod challenge, but otherwise I'm quite happy here.

If you were starting from scratch, I'd think the quickest scoundrel crew you could get would be Cad from GW, STH from arena, Lando from cantina, Chewie as a starting toon and LS/DS nodes, and then either Boba from cantina store or 88/Greedo from arena after STH (depending on how high you're finishing to get those arena credits).

I've heard a lot of disappointment in Boba before he's maxed out, so I'd be inclined to go with one of the other two as a fifth scoundrel, maybe even both 88 and Dengar (from guild store) and don't use Chewie if you don't want to build him to 7*, as he's a squishy tank before then. I think I was finishing tier 3 of the credit heist when STH/88 were max and Lando/Dengar/Chewie were all 4*/5*, though it did require switching in mods from my arena squad to bulk them up a bit.
  • I think if I were starting from scratch, I'd push for Lando, 88, STH, Cad, and Chewie/Boba until I could replace with Dengar. Ideally, you'd have lots of crit chance mods and lead with Lando, but if you can't get the mods, 88 lead will help get all the debuffs to land. I would imagine the dps from 88 and Cad combined could finish off opponents fast enough to make up for having toons at just 5*, though I'm also guessing a bit here.
  • @KillerSwan13 - - hard to say if there's a "best" lineup. When I realized I should focus scoundrels, I already had STH at 6*, 88 at 7*, Chewie at 5*, and Dengar unlocked from monthly logins. Just needed to add Lando to the mix, and that team has been solid whether I lead with Lando (speed/crit dmg) or 88 (crit chance). I need to max or replace Chewie, as he's still squishy at 5* and I can't 3-star the final mod challenge, but otherwise I'm quite happy here.

If you were starting from scratch, I'd think the quickest scoundrel crew you could get would be Cad from GW, STH from arena, Lando from cantina, Chewie as a starting toon and LS/DS nodes, and then either Boba from cantina store or 88/Greedo from arena after STH (depending on how high you're finishing to get those arena credits).

I've heard a lot of disappointment in Boba before he's maxed out, so I'd be inclined to go with one of the other two as a fifth scoundrel, maybe even both 88 and Dengar (from guild store) and don't use Chewie if you don't want to build him to 7*, as he's a squishy tank before then. I think I was finishing tier 3 of the credit heist when STH/88 were max and Lando/Dengar/Chewie were all 4*/5*, though it did require switching in mods from my arena squad to bulk them up a bit.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU MAX CHEWIE!!!!! I did with my first account, and he seriously sucks. He was the worst character in my 5 star team. I really do not recommend you do that.

Thanks for all the info. I am a little bit confused though. Are you kind of recommending a different strategy than either of these ones? You are saying I should go all out for scoundrels, and neither of these guides do that. Could you kind of format a guide like the two that are in this discussion? If so, could you pls include when to stop farming each one and go to the next one, and what line-ups you recommend? Thanks again!
  • Oh, sorry, not recommending you go all-out for scoundrels, necessarily. Just in terms of which scoundrels to focus on, those seem the fastest and most worthwhile. I could think about whether I'd recommend a different guide, but I haven't gone that far and wouldn't suggest at this point you scrap one of those three in favor of *just* scoundrels (you've gotta do all the other parts of the game as well, after all).
  • And thanks for the advice on Chewie :smiley: Kind of had that impression of him, might even consider going Boba instead from this point forward, since at least there have been rumors of a rework for him down the road (maybe even as soon as the ships arrive).