New Galactic War changes?

Prev1345
AySteezy
48 posts Member
edited January 2016
You all dislike the new update on GW as much as me? I hate it. GW was the most fun.. :(

New Galactic War changes? 342 votes

I like the new changes to GW!
19%
DaishiDarkVaporSaVaGeTnKNessusChiron74HavokTriggerSparsileSongPreemo_MaginSkitskalleVampire_XIronCrossFr1tz_swalkerd3gaussOtarMerilondrterbVouterthisgameisdopeRogan_Ban84Nonemo 67 votes
I hate the new changes to GW!
65%
muzicme4uJurassicNick16Stekcir_LeinadMackemSLAMGenghisDonBlack_LightsaberTerrorize89Top_QuarkTelaanMarcel_McClaneEnigmaticienmasterringJ7000CobratatThe_Oklahoma_KidccfooXyoSyth_HunterLargKelleinTowani 225 votes
I don't care.
14%
JJHCptKlosswintermeTheRenegadeSkyecosmicturtle333DarkmambaKang0306Masojeremyj26BerdilioSlythRinnstupidfatfoolBenr3600AribethKyuu2AggropoxSkylerCat1985 50 votes

Replies

• MRFREE2PLAY90
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The new changes make it easier for P2P people and much harder for F2P people it was completely unnecessary and has now made GW's more stale, the tactical retreat function was a good feature even if it was not solely intended.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • I hate the new changes to GW!
    Only part of the game I really enjoyed and don't care for the new change
  • The retreat is a bug. Nothing more.

I retreated the battle because I was losing and 3 characters were dead. I noticed when I went to battle it was showing my 5 characters so I hit battle, and sure enough all 5 were back alive. It just reset the whole battle.

When my characters come back to life as well, that's when I say its a bug
  • MRFREE2PLAY90
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm trying to understand why they changed it. Tactical retreat worked flawlessly, it gave F2P players the necessary means to advance further and allowed the means to collect better loot. Why would CG change something and clearly give one side a clear advantage ?. P2P peeps already have incredibly large rosters so why benefit them even more CG ?.

I'm starting to consider its only time until F2P aspects of the game become nerfed with the coming months that would certainly kill off the majority of F2P peeps and some of the small paying audiences as well, but what's the point ?.
    The new changes make it easier for P2P people and much harder for F2P people it was completely unnecessary and has now made GW's more stale the tactical retreat function was a good feature even if it was not solely intended.

I agree 100%. As if P2P wasn't already at an advantage. Now they're the only ones who will obtain the full rewards from GW and have even more stuff than F2P players.

GW does indeed feel more "stale" now. I noticed that right away.

Retreating was a good feature, which still required strategy. GW was hard enough as it was!

I'm positive I won't be able to finish a full GW at all now.
  • ITS A BUG

Calm down. Geez

As I said in my last post. My characters even came back from retreat. That tells me it's a bug.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hope this change is an unintended bug and soon fixed.

Edit: nope, it was on purpose, just saw the EA post. I'm done spending money on this game, this after buying all the toon packs and several $25 crystal refills a month plus subscriptions when they had them.

I'm voting with my wallet.
    Post edited by Jabberwocky on
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    This may not be a democracy but if over 80 percent of your customers have a reasonable request it may be worth looking into. I mean, we aren't asking for a free seven star Rey.
    Breetai wrote: »
    ITS A BUG

Calm down. Geez

As I said in my last post. My characters even came back from retreat. That tells me it's a bug.

It could possibly be a bug. But at the same time how do you know the devs just didn't add the mechanic to reset the entire battle? Honestly we don't know at this point. We'll just have to wait a while until we get a response. Knowing the dev team it will probably take a while lol
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Dunno seems pretty legit , that's one hell of a bug not to be intentional and seems to fit what retreat is right?

Going to say the bragging of it here got it changed to be fair they don't want people getting mass rewards basically close retreat through it as a developer realistically and as i havenot won gw without using b soak squad either, so this is a rough change

But it's going to change the game a lot no doubt though not all bad as I have less than 10 gw wins but multi 7* and top 30-60 Pvp daily
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • I like the new changes to GW!
    It was too easy, now it is a challenge again.
  • I had already done my daily GW pre-update..and won't have it open for another 8+ hours. What's the change? Did they remove retreat or just change it? Did FC change?
    d3gauss wrote: »
    It was too easy, now it is a challenge again.

Easy for peeps with incredibly large rosters yes for everyone else its incredibly hard and the new changes just made it harder.
    Hey everyone,

I'm REALLY sorry that the GW Retreat change went live without any announcement.

The explanation for how that happened is embarrassing - we assembled patch notes from a list of data changes, but the GW Retreat change was a server change. Server releases are always handled separately from data releases from a technical perspective, but sometimes they happen to occur on the same day. We are going to have a meeting to discuss how we can GUARANTEE that important server change with player-facing consequences are not released without accompanying patch notes again.

I wrote something to add to the patch notes, but I'm going to let Jesse edit his own post in a few minutes, so until then here's the explanation:

The functionality of Retreat has been changed so that it behaves the same as force-quitting the app. While we understand that many players relied on Retreating as part of their strategy, ultimately there were two different ways to leave a battle that didn’t behave the same way (Retreating, and force-quitting the app). We decided that in order to keep the experience fair and consistent, we would change the behavior of Retreat to work the same as force-quitting.

-Aaron

Read this!!
  • Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    GW should be challenging.
    Retreat option has made it walk in the park. As long as matchmaking system will be adjusted to player battle power I think it is a good change.
  • Dajackal
    27 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    What happens exactly? I dont want to go into this battle blind.. If i retreat it basically resets the match? Or just heals them? If i drop one player and retreat they will be back on next match? If i retreat with some one dead I get them back?

Secondly, Im P2P and i still have to retreat to refresh heals, single target kills etc. I only really have two teams that can get through the last 6 battles without losing some one. And that's with sharing the few healers this game has.

If i cant reset heals and heal up or using dummy teams to take AOE's and Assists, i will be screwed as well.

K just tested. It reset the other team's abilities and both teams health. Shouldn't it reset my heals? Why should i have to go into a fight with Poe's taunt down and two healers with resets on heals. Bit unfair IMO.
    134-693-359 Full but accepting lvl 70 only

dj
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Like I said too legit to quit

+1 for calling that
    Try it. I just did and my opponents were overall much easier than the last 5~6 days. Intended or luck, will only know after more feedback from others.

Without the tactical retreat, the AI has a huge advantage unless you have a deep bench. I noticed I had to bench my Kylo because he was low on health and I would be fighting with a weakened squad as I won't be able to bring in a substitute in case he dies before I can heal him up. And he did, lol, 3 times before getting benched. The AI has a full strength squad while mine is half spent, special attacks recharging and can't take anyone low on health as I won't be able to sub. Basically, if your toons are low on health, they're already dead and cannot be taken in.

That said, finished the war with 2 casualties, Dooku dead, Kylo as good as dead. Daaka's and Finn's stuns carried me halfway and Lumi the rest.

Despite my deeper bench, apart from my A squad, none of them have any proper synergy. And without being able to sub toons, I don't see how I'll even reach halfway if I get my regular opponents, 7 starred, purple gear, lvl 60 synergiesed squads from the 3rd to 4th matches onwards. My A squad is not all 7 starred...
    Really, really bad move by the devs. Like it wasn't enough that we now have tons of more gear to grind and get more creds and training droids and at the same time they reduced our ability to complete GW to earn them??? My motivation went down immediately when I heard about this.

This game will end up in one of those "top 10 awesome games destroyed by poor decisions" if you will not change the GW the way it was before. It is basic psychology that if players have gotten used to getting something and then it is taken away, it will ruin the experiance, please hire someone to your dev team who knows how human mind works. Tomorrow just might be the first day I don't even compelete all the achievements. I play games to have fun, and if frustration is bigger than the fun, then I change the game.

This is coming just from a f2p player but we are the majority and we tell about the game to our friends who might be paying people. If you drive f2p players away p2p players will also perish slowly.

Everything said here is facts. I hope the devs read this.

I lost my motivation to play after this update.
  • Breetai wrote: »
    The retreat is a bug. Nothing more.

I retreated the battle because I was losing and 3 characters were dead. I noticed when I went to battle it was showing my 5 characters so I hit battle, and sure enough all 5 were back alive. It just reset the whole battle.

When my characters come back to life as well, that's when I say its a bug

that's not retreating dude, that's force quitting. Retreat was an option in the top left when you hit settings.
    I've sat back with changes until this. I majorly focused on my main squad and brought up a B squad by necessity along the way. You don't change the function of a tactical button because of force quitting, you add a reset button. Or leave it. Everyone knows how to force quit, so it doesn't give some people a huge advantage. Now huge spenders have that advantage, while low spenders and f2p (your main audience) will fall farther behind and lose out on their favorite mode.
    Tl;dr: unnecessary change widened gap for 1% of big spenders and rendered favorite mode less fun.
  • Dajackal
    27 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Try it. I just did and my opponents were overall much easier than the last 5~6 days. Intended or luck, will only know after more feedback from others.

Yellow box 5 from the end... 3 6* Purples and 2 7*purples. Not easier for me. And just burned my heals on previous match. Eeep!
    134-693-359 Full but accepting lvl 70 only

dj
  • My GW hasn't reset yet, so I'll hold my opinion for a few days until I can see how the update plays out. If they did in fact make the matching a little more favorable, then this might end up not being a huge issue. Inconvenient, and I would argue completely unnecessary...but might not be a game changer. If, however, they left matchmaking the way it was where the back half of the matches were basically at-level or higher, then it will render this portion of the app useless to the majority of users and it will see a sharp decrease in the viability of FTP vs P2P since the good characters you can farm from GW are the backbone of decent FTP teams that at least have a chance at ranking decent in Arena. It's a snowball affect that will lead to dwindling FTP user base over the next few months and an overall detriment to the app.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    dont-cry-be-strong.jpg
    This change definitely affects new and lower level players much more than those who have been playing for a while. To allow those who've been playing for some time to enjoy the benefits of the old retreat model and deny that to newer players would definitely smack of unfairness. I hope the change is just a bug and not permanent.
  • Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Got CD on GW, can't judge yet but it sounds like Lumi's 1on1 time is over now. No more fierce duels against all those Chewbaccas and Barrisses. Good times.
    Developers explanation is ridiculous. I personally believe It was made to force people who considered investing money into more hasty decision, since Gw securing is within reach.
    All those shady plays, better just give weekly IAP rotations, you'll have your money. You should have left the best game mode alone.
    Whats the point of this game if you cant farm shards?
    I mean 5 shards/day is 2 months for a full hero. Pretty dauntless.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I think they didn't want to make a decision about force-closing (either allow it or not) so they merced it with retreat.
    Haven't checked yet, but I suppose this will make GW harder