Wedge: With All Due Respect

Prev134
JediStormbringer
81 posts Member
edited August 2016
@EA_Jesse
I have an honest question. Where as I respect and appreciate the updates and work done on the game, recently the update was released with Wedge being an awesome fix. The problem is for a great deal of players, especially new players such as myself, Wedge isnt even possible. There is nowhere to get his shards. The monthly release of his shards means I will only need 45 more to unlock him, which means he is impossible for anyone who doesnt have him already to get him. Is there a plan to release his shards in a shop? Or a Node? With Guild store being the more illusive shop with constantly switching characters available could he be placed there, if it is insisted he be a harder character to obtain? But at least make him available in game for all players to have a chance to get. As is its not even a possibility to unlock, let alone advance. Thanks!

Replies

• Radonis
    504 posts Member
    The reason they are giving shards prolly means he is going somewhere to be farmed like cantina node or GW store or guild store or Cantina store or even arena shop.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    You do realize there are still other characters that aren't obtainable right?

Why should Wedge be available before Darth Maul, GS, Cody, Rex, Zam Wessel, Tusken Shaman, etc. Wedge was just introduced and is for PTP players.
  • Dhoey321 wrote: »

Why should Wedge be available before Darth Maul, GS, Cody, Rex, Zam Wessel, Tusken Shaman, etc. Wedge was just introduced and is for PTP players.

These are obtainable in Chromium packs. :|
  • They will make wedge farmable at the end of the month.
  • @Dhoey321
    No those characters appear places. Wedge other than this month shards does not appear anywhere, not in the data store, shard shop, not anywhere at all. Click Find and see for yourself. Right now Maul is up in shipments and in shard shop. Its a slow process, but he is at least available. I could buy 100 character packs and never once will wedge appear, to put that up with how you are comparing him to Zam, etc, the chances of all those you listed appearing is moderate at least in those parameters.

? Geonosian Soldier is farmable on the first Cantina node. But I get your point!
  • You cant even Buy Wedge right now or I most likely would.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Wedge was obtainable through packs for awhile. why didn't you use crystals then?

@BentWookiee
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Dhoey321 wrote: »

? Geonosian Soldier is farmable on the first Cantina node. But I get your point!

spy
  • Daker
    109 posts Member
    I have been wondering if Wedge shards will be like Han shards and be a reward from the new raid
  • In a Podcast EA jesse said Wedge would be made available to all players after he had been a loggin character.
  • @Dhoey321
    I started playing four months ago, which as I said in my first post, if you took the time to read it, rather than respond with some know-it-all air, that I began after any available chance to get him existed, and that I am certain other players did the same. The question was for someone like Jesse, or to voice the same hey yeah mentality I have to see him brought around. Not to waste space with what you have said so far. Why not remove yourself out the convo if you got nothing worth saying
  • R2 D2 is the new raid character and Wicket is the Aurodiom (Maybe)
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    @Dhoey321
    I started playing four months ago, which as I said in my first post, if you took the time to read it, rather than respond with some know-it-all air, that I began after any available chance to get him existed, and that I am certain other players did the same. The question was for someone like Jesse, or to voice the same hey yeah mentality I have to see him brought around. Not to waste space with what you have said so far. Why not remove yourself out the convo if you got nothing worth saying

You want Wedge, i want a different character. At some point we will get what we want but it takes time. I am patiently waiting. ;)
  • In a Podcast EA jesse said Wedge would be made available to all players after he had been a loggin character.

I would imagine in the form of Chrom drops or Shipments. At least that's (sort of) the path they took with Rex.

• The guy doesnt even know what he is saying. Lol GS not farmable. Everyone he listed appears somewhere in the game where as Wedge does not. Not anywhere. Not shipments or packs. No where
  • @Dhoey321
    Lol understandable, aint got to be a **** though lmao. Who do you want?
  • @LemurLepke
    Thanks, thats what i was looking for lol. I appreciate it
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    LemurLepke wrote: »
    In a Podcast EA jesse said Wedge would be made available to all players after he had been a loggin character.

I would imagine in the form of Chrom drops or Shipments. At least that's (sort of) the path they took with Rex.

My bet is cantina node so the players have to choose between Wedge or mods
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    @Dhoey321
    Lol understandable, aint got to be a **** though lmao. Who do you want?

i wasn't trying to be a **** i was just trying to point out other characters. My bad if i sounded like a ****. I want Darth Maul because he's my favorite and even though i hear he's terrible.
  • @Daker
    Yeah, that would be cool. Hes more illusive than anyone except for Vader, but at least you CAN get vader shards, even though he hits like a feather duster and its better to get the early Jedi Anakin is you want a powerhouse
  • @Dhoey321
    Np, misunderstanding is all. My apologies for my aggressive approach in return. Good luck on Maul
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    @JediStormbringer thanks and you too on Wedge, and it's ok, sometimes i'm on here long enough where i don't realize how my comments may appear.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    The only character I REALLY wanted was Yoda and I have him at 7* so I am truly happy...until Jedi Luke Skywalker gets introduced. :p
    Wedge was obtainable through packs for awhile. why didn't you use crystals then?

@BentWookiee

I did. He is fully equipped and he rocks. :)

I imagine he will be placed in Chromium packs after his login phase is done, (The TS was an AU exclusive for a while, then after a period of time was not able to be found and then was put into Chromium packs.)

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member

@BentWookiee

I imagine he will be placed in Chromium packs after his login phase is done, (The TS was an AU exclusive for a while, then after a period of time was not able to be found and then was put into Chromium packs.)

I HOPE not. That's just ridiculous. They made every other character farmable after login specials. Putting him in Chromium is kind of a **** move.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....

@BentWookiee

What Podcast @BentWookiee ?
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »

@BentWookiee

I HOPE not. That's just ridiculous. They made every other character farmable after login specials. Putting him in Chromium is kind of a **** move.

They did not. Cad Bane was recently made farmable and was login character months ago.
  • This is the exact same thing that happened when Cad Bane was the character back in January(?). You get shards to almost but not quite unlock him, and then nothing. Eventually Cad was put in GW, but for a while he was pretty much impossible to get without spending a ton of money.

PS - GS has traditionally equated to Geonosian Soldier, who has been in the game since the beginning. Now that Geonosian Spy exists, GS is as ambiguous as HRS (Scout? Soldier?).