Arena shard merger?

Looks like the client restart put some new faces in our arena ladder...

Replies

• Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Mergers don't happen. They were always there.
  • Explain the level 8 guy with gear 3 characters in 3rd place on a mature lvl 80 server?
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Explain the level 8 guy with gear 3 characters in 3rd place on a mature lvl 80 server?

Obligatory screenshot request
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • I believe in the merges but I think that's a little too extreme. I think they merge shards of equal level. Merging two shards with that much difference is a dead give away.
  • Oh yeah that was for @Nicol_Bolas
  • Angrybaldman
    369 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    They've quietly merged several times since launch, despite saying they wouldn't do it. I know because I got merged with several of my guild mates who were not previously on my shard.

It makes sense for them to do this from a competitive/making money standpoint....but kind of shady to not say anything about it.
  • I've not changed rank since the restart (arena 29) and see no new faces
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    I wouldn't mind it actually, my arena is boring
  • Mynd
    233 posts Member
    I've not changed rank since the restart (arena 29) and see no new faces

I lost one rank... goddamn server merges.
  • MBL_66 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind it actually, my arena is boring

this.. playing against the same 10 ppl when there are 1million?
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    The devs have said repeatedly and specifically that leader boards DO NOT GET MERGED. They go on to say that if they ever did merge them, THEY WOULD TELL US.
    There is literally no reason why they would even need to do this, so I'll take their word for it.
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Please stop spreading rumors that servers are merging, it simply isn't happening. You may be seeing players who are playing again due to the level cap increase.
    Just to (hopefully) close this out, I wanted to reconfirm that:
    1. The game doesn't have separate servers or shards, but actually different leaderboards
    2. We haven't merged leaderboards or culled them for less active players or anything like that
    3. We currently have no plans to merge, cull, etc. leaderboards. However, if that changes the players will be well notified.

Sound good?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Just like they told us about defense being fixed?
    Me and most of my late-Nov server neighbours went from being comfortably in the 60-70s to 105-125 overnight, with a huge influx of new names, and it's pretty much stayed that way for the past 10 days. That seems highly suspicious to me.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • There are no shard merges.
This discussion has been closed.