GW: Why not have Normal Mode and Heroic Mode?

I don't have the ability to read thru 118 pages of the GW thread. Has this been suggested yet? To me, it would seem to make sense.

There is clearly no way to make everyone happy with GW as it is currently constructed. But it's the largest source of credits in a game with an uber credit crunch, so something needs to happen here.

There is an easy solution. Have Normal Mode GW and a Heroic Version. For the people who just want the credits and want a relatively easy, fast clear, do Normal Mode. For the people who enjoy the challenge and actually have time to spend on long GW runs, do Heroic Mode. Normal Mode = Easy Mode. Heroic Mode, more like it is now.

Have Heroic Mode offer up 15% more loot or something and be done with it. Complaining over.

Replies

• Not a terrible idea, run it on "normal" for less payout than currently but finish daily (for most) or do the heroic version for the payouts as is and increase in difficulty for those with 30+ lv8 g10 toons
  • Some ideas:

1. There is an achievement tied to galactic war, I think it's 100? What about if you could unlock "endless mode" after that where the battles got constantly harder each time and had continual better rewards?

2. If it's going to be 2-tiered, maybe keep the credits the same but give more of the other rewards for the hard version (training mats, character shards, etc.).
  • Never ending gw event weekly that rewards top ranked players per shard based in total nodes completed
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Yes! Make this current mode the "normal" mode and create a new "hard" mode with 25% more rewards and an omega mat on the 12th node. Excellent idea! :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Or make the the normal mode worth 25% less credits then what we are currently at. Wait, isn't that the same as not completing it, lol. If you can't finish GW work on your team so you can. The game is about using a finite amount of resources to improve. If you're dumb with your resources, well then I guess you go to message boards and whine.
  • How about heroic gw has an extra 3 nodes. The normal one doesn't, and is a little softer than this one. Bam there you go CG. Don't think it'll happen though
  • I'm in favor of keeping it really simple. Keep current payout for the Normal Mode, but make the Normal Mode quite a bit easier than what GW is currently at. This will stop the vast majority of the complaining. Have a Heroic Mode with harder difficulty and a bigger payout.

Note: If the payout discrepancy between Normal and Heroic Mode is too large, people will complain. Keep it mild - like 15% to 20%.

Note2: If Normal Mode payout is less than the current GW, people will get **** and feel like they are being forced to play Heroic Mode. Keep Normal Mode payout the same as current GW. Just increase Heroic Mode on top of it.
  • Galactic War is fine as is, with one acception. How about changing GW shop characters as much or more than shard shop. Grievous has had 3 selections forever! Alot of us want more character options, and have no place to spend shard gems or GW gems. Plus we are stuck because of the guild store abilities are almost impossible to get.
  • @Mofojokers1992 has this in his list of making things better. Definitely a great thing if implemented.
    I am the Reaper
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    beating a dead horse, there were tons of discussions on this precise topic and none of them amounted to anything.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Why? GW is quite easy now, and I'm not even a whale.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    I like this 2-tier idea. Hopefully people then stop whining about GW then. But probably they'll just find another thing they can whine about.
  • Its too easy as it is. Current mode should be normal and heroic a harder tier.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    It would just be relative right? You could effectively say node 1 - 9 is normal and 10 - 12 is heroic. Rewards already scaled to difficulty. Add more bonuses for heroic people will just complain that the game caters for p2p and the poverty gap widening.