Vader basic attack.

Trouserdeagle
267 posts Member
edited August 2016
WWFAl7s.png

Am I missing something? The way I read that, the ability block should always be inflicted when attacking Jedi, no matter what, so why does it occasionally not proc?

Is this just another badly worded description, ie: works 80% of the time, every time?

Replies

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    20% chance of the ability block to not trigger at all. But when it does, it will guarantee land on Jedi.
  • It Should be 100℅ on jedi, but never worked, they said they fixed it in last patch, but they didnt, still not working properly.
  • Nebulous wrote: »
    20% chance of the ability block to not trigger at all. But when it does, it will guarantee land on Jedi.

Yep
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    Bug. It will soon be fixed with the introduction of 3 brand new bugs :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nebulous wrote: »

Read above
    It Should be 100℅ on jedi, but never worked, they said they fixed it in last patch, but they didnt, still not working properly.

It states a 80% chance to inflict ability block. Why would it be 100%?

It's 100% to hit and if you trigger the 80% then it can't be resisted. Imagine it as 2 different rolls of the dice, first roll is the 80% to inflict and they don't get the second roll to resist.
  • Well thats one thing to bring up, I just want to say Vader needs a SERIOUS rework period. How does Vader go from Anakin who in reality was much weaker than he was as Vader equate in the current set up? He doesnt. Anakin is 3-4x stronger than Vader could ever imagine being in the game, but in Star Wars, Vader with the Dark Side brought balance to the force.... By decimating and destroying every Jedi in his way. For what 30 years after he became Vader and conquered pretty much the whole Galaxy. I mean Vader should be a powerhouse not a featherduster. His shards are only found by achievements so he should have serious potential, not the current waste of a place on my shelf.
  • His basic needs do more damage, it's just to weak
  • Berimbolo wrote: »
    His basic needs do more damage, it's just to weak

That is literally the only thing Vader needs
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Berimbolo wrote: »

Basics with detrimental effects tend to be lower damage for balance. I find the ability block far more useful than the damage.
    If you want more damage out of Vader, use him as lead.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Jedi should ALWAYS be ability blocked but its bugged. They said it was fixed but it isnt.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Jedi should ALWAYS be ability blocked but its bugged. They said it was fixed but it isnt.

What is/was bugged is that for jedi the ability block was going thru the tenacity vs potency check and it should not do that.
    Example even with Tenacity up on a jedi if RNG falls in the 80% to ability block it should apply and not be resisted.

It is still only an 80% chance to process regardless if the are a Jedi or not.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Also, I believe that the attack can be dodged but the effect can still land 80% of the time.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Josh_K wrote: »
    Also, I believe that the attack can be dodged but the effect can still land 80% of the time.

Jedi can't dodge it. Even with foresight. And as with other toons, even a dodge will still allow the secondary effects to occur. I mean, they just fixed qgj and his TM redux on a whiff.
  • 80% chance of ability block on ANY one is awesome, imo. The fact that Jedi cannot resist it is gravy.
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Berimbolo wrote: »

Basics with detrimental effects tend to be lower damage for balance. I find the ability block far more useful than the damage.
    If you want more damage out of Vader, use him as lead.

Even as a lead it's bad, I have a 6 star Gear 10 Vader, its just too weak compared to others, he is slow, has to set up his big move and his basic is weak and it still can be resisted by Jedi

I think Poggles basic hits harder and he has ability block also
  • Amd saying his basic is fine because it has ability block is crazy, Anakin does 3 times the damage on his basic and puts buff and healing immunity
  • Redjackryan
    84 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    When Anakin became Vader he lost his speed but gained strength. Also a bit of the force if I'm not mistaken.
  • I pity da foo who faces an all Empire team, with 7* Vader as lead.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Josh_K wrote: »

Jedi can't dodge it. Even with foresight. And as with other toons, even a dodge will still allow the secondary effects to occur. I mean, they just fixed qgj and his TM redux on a whiff.

You can still dodge the actual attack, but the damage and ability block if it triggers are unavoidable
  • Vader basic attack is lame...I always visualize a b tch slap, "you have insulted the ****!"... I could kill you but I insult you with this slap! While funny it makes him useless in the game.:(. Sad
  • Jimboe
    126 posts Member
    Yep.. i slashed QGJ with my vader basic attack... no ability block affected.
  • Everyone saying Vader is too slow and doesn't hit hard etc, I'm afraid I have to disagree.

I have him at 6* max gear and some fairly middle of the road mods, and he's really quite good, particularly if he's leading an Empire team.
  • I think he's great, he just needs a little more damage on his basic
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Everyone saying Vader is too slow and doesn't hit hard etc, I'm afraid I have to disagree.

I have him at 6* max gear and some fairly middle of the road mods, and he's really quite good, particularly if he's leading an Empire team.

His basic doesn't hit hard, it's not if you can mod him up and makeit hit harder, so can every toon, it's base is so low, once you force choke, hope to get off the saber throw on who you want (stunned or taunt) he then isn't a threat

I have a 6 star gear 10 also and was using him also, he was always the weak link on any squad
  • Well thats one thing to bring up, I just want to say Vader needs a SERIOUS rework period. How does Vader go from Anakin who in reality was much weaker than he was as Vader equate in the current set up? He doesnt. Anakin is 3-4x stronger than Vader could ever imagine being in the game, but in Star Wars, Vader with the Dark Side brought balance to the force.... By decimating and destroying every Jedi in his way. For what 30 years after he became Vader and conquered pretty much the whole Galaxy. I mean Vader should be a powerhouse not a featherduster. His shards are only found by achievements so he should have serious potential, not the current waste of a place on my shelf.
    You remember in that deleted scene in Episode IV when the Genossians repoed Vader's mods after he fell behind in his payments...