Galactic War retreat "fixed"?

As of today, retreating in GW simply resets the round. Regardless of the state of the battle once you retreat, re-entering will find all players alive and back to full health on both teams.

The only way to get through the round now is to complete it with your original 5 in whatever state they end up being in at the end of the match.

Lame.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Yes, it has been "fixed" in the same sense that a dog or cat is.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    I like it, GW is suppsoed to be a challenge.

Backing out to reset cooldowns etc is cheap an im glad they torched it lol.

As for strategy, this is better because you can now battle it out, see how teams work etc then reset the match and test dif things if you so choose.

Less handholding, more strategy. Works for me
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Seems to me there is now LESS challenge, not more. Because they have legitimized "reload save game and keep trying until the RNG is in your favor".
    "Let's try this team. Oops that didn't work, start over. Oops, no good either, start over." That's strategy?
  • RMRilke
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm not spending an inordinate amount of time developing a team that big, and I'm not spending the money to build it faster. My solution will be to dip out.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    @Qeltar The RNG is the same in every match. I suspect a seed string of numbers is loaded depending on what characters you enter the fight with. That's how it's usually done at least. If you have the same characters and do the same actions 1,000 times the results will always be the same. Meaning you'll always have to keep making small adjustments in order to get new results.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Right. Which isn't challenging, just tedious.
  • Did they fix the part where you fight crazy strong matches against full 7* groups?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    Did they fix the part where you fight crazy strong matches against full 7* groups?

Doubtful lol
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Right. Which isn't challenging, just tedious.

That's the big problem imho. Also that you can't sub in guys who you couldn't heal at the end of previous hard matches.

This removes all the strategy from GW when you just used retreat. Which was the best part of this game on a daily basis. All because they couldn't figure out a way to make force close act like the original retreat function.

What a bummer.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    What have they actually even gained? They didn't get rid of force-close, they institutionalized it. And now they are forcing EVERYONE to use it if they want a chance of getting through all 12 rounds.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    They gained -20 speed to rewards for completing gw
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    What have they actually even gained? They didn't get rid of force-close, they institutionalized it. And now they are forcing EVERYONE to use it if they want a chance of getting through all 12 rounds.

Well... They wanted to do it to heal the rift in the player community between the ones who thought force closing is an exploit and the ones who have a grip on how stuff works. :P

It looks like that strategy kind of exploded in their faces?

I like this new setup mainly because now all the people who wanted to bam me for force closing now have to live with exactly that same functionality.

And it turns out that apparently the "unfair advantage" I was supposed to be banned for earlier is in fact so bad that people are threatening to quit because they now get it legally.

Lewis Carroll puffing jazz grass couldn't have thought this absurdity up. This forum is turning into a modern art installation. :smile: