Character Creation: Ezra Bridger

Prev1
Finity
309 posts Member
We, like many of you, are waiting for Star Wars Rebels characters to be introduced into the game, especially after the previews of the new season at SWCelebration. The focus seems to be on the Rogue One characters for the next release of characters, but we didn't want to sit idly by. We are starting to put together Star Wars Rebel characters for SWGOH and trying to keep them balanced within the context of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWgL3U-z0Qo

What do you think of the abilities? @Rangerj1999 and myself ( @Finity ) tried our best to make the character realistic, and we are also working on synergies for the first character, Ezra Bridger, with the rest of the Ghost Crewman. Feedback is greatly appreciated!
Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers

Replies

• You can't do Ezra without utilizing his gunsabre... Glad you touched on it at the end. I loved how in season one the blaster attack surprised both Kanan and The Inquisitor in separate episodes.

Basic attack: "Didn't see that coming"

Ezra fires a single shot with a 50% chance to Stun target enemy for one turn. If that attack is avoided, Ezra gains Advantage for one turn.

Just my .02.

Keep it up. It's past time Rebels came to this game.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • What about....no?
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Dantefire wrote: »
    You can't do Ezra without utilizing his gunsabre... Glad you touched on it at the end. I loved how in season one the blaster attack surprised both Kanan and The Inquisitor in separate episodes.

Basic attack: "Didn't see that coming"

Ezra fires a single shot with a 50% chance to Stun target enemy for one turn. If that attack is avoided, Ezra gains Advantage for one turn.

Just my .02.

Keep it up. It's past time Rebels came to this game.

Yea, we are working on that in our update soon, and I really like the totality of your suggestion. This is why we like to share our ideas because inevitably we will miss out something like this that fits the character really well. Thanks!
  • No please not Ezra. I dont like him and i dont like those rebels in that cartoons in their little spaceship. I wish their spaceship crashes or get lost in next rebel episode and we never see those guys again
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No please not Ezra. I dont like him and i dont like those rebels in that cartoons in their little spaceship. I wish their spaceship crashes or get lost in next rebel episode and we never see those guys again

You know.. you could always just not watch the series instead of wishing death upon fictional characters.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Lol anyway they will all die because we dont see any of them anymore in Star wars movies 4,5,6
  • Lol anyway they will all die because we dont see any of them anymore in Star wars movies 4,5,6

Well, there has been a theory in the Star Wars universe as a whole that Ezra will turn out to be Snoke: http://moviepilot.com/posts/3748108

I'm not sure I necessarily agree, but that theory is out there.
  • Oh i ve read another theory that ezra turns to dark side, kills kanan and becomes kylo ren but the theory looks weird
  • Hi finity, i've let you a PM. Hope you'lle read this.
    And like you're idea for Erza, just desapointed to not be able to help on this !
  • Anyone dissing on Rebels hasn't watched the series through its current end point. I understand how after watching the first episode or two one may not like it, but in a Harry Potter kind of way, the series is maturing alongside Ezra's development. And the second half of season two is simply amazing.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • Oh i ve read another theory that ezra turns to dark side, kills kanan and becomes kylo ren but the theory looks weird

...becomes...Kylo Ren? Link? 'Cause that's just nonsense.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Hopefully the add him soon, with Kanan Jarrus, Zeb, Sabine, Hera, The Inquisitor, Fifth Brother, Seventh Sister and Agent Kallus
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    Seku wrote: »
    Hopefully the add him soon, with Kanan Jarrus, Zeb, Sabine, Hera, The Inquisitor, Fifth Brother, Seventh Sister and Agent Kallus

We are going to be creating more of the Ghost crew in the next few weeks from Rebels first so we can create that 5 person Ghost Crewman team synergy, and then some other characters are on the slate like The Inquisitor and Thrawn. There are also some other non-Rebels characters we are working on as well.
  • Finity wrote: »
    We, like many of you, are waiting for Star Wars Rebels characters to be introduced into the game, especially after the previews of the new season at SWCelebration. The focus seems to be on the Rogue One characters for the next release of characters, but we didn't want to sit idly by. We are starting to put together Star Wars Rebel characters for SWGOH and trying to keep them balanced within the context of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWgL3U-z0Qo

What do you think of the abilities? @Rangerj1999 and myself ( @Finity ) tried our best to make the character realistic, and we are also working on synergies for the first character, Ezra Bridger, with the rest of the Ghost Crewman. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Love Ezra. My kid thinks of him like I thought of Luke when I was a kid. He deserves to be in this game,
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    +1
  • I want to see playable Emperor Palpatine and Admiral Piett, or General Hux, before the Star Wars Rebels characters. Just my opinion.
  • They really should add some Rebels characters to the game.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • It would be cool if Ezra had a special synergy with Kanan AND Darth Maul (from the end of the last season) like Wedge and Biggs have a special synergy. Also would be cool to see some kind of animal attack as he seems to use the force with animals in the show.
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    ShewardN wrote: »
    They really should add some Rebels characters to the game.

We think so too... and even trying to save them time!!
    It would be cool if Ezra had a special synergy with Kanan AND Darth Maul (from the end of the last season) like Wedge and Biggs have a special synergy. Also would be cool to see some kind of animal attack as he seems to use the force with animals in the show.

Erza will have synergies with Kanan and the other Ghost crewman in this version... Depending how Season 3 plays out, kinda like Anakin/Vader, there may be this light side Ezra and a possible dark side Ezra, and the dark side one may have a synergy with Darth Maul. That is the idea right now, but as we develop more characters, more ideas I'm sure will unfold.
  • Dantefire wrote: »
    Anyone dissing on Rebels hasn't watched the series through its current end point. I understand how after watching the first episode or two one may not like it, but in a Harry Potter kind of way, the series is maturing alongside Ezra's development. And the second half of season two is simply amazing.

^ Well said! The fight between Ahsoka and Vader at the end actually brought a lump to my throat. Very well done.
    Oh i ve read another theory that ezra turns to dark side, kills kanan and becomes kylo ren but the theory looks weird

http://www.retrozap.com/the-fate-of-ezra-bridger-and-the-rebels/

http://epicstream.com/videos/Is-Ezra-From-Star-Wars-Rebels-The-Main-Villain-in-Star-Wars-Episode-VIII

• Would be cool. I would probably pay for Grand Admiral Thrawn
    Oh i ve read another theory that ezra turns to dark side, kills kanan and becomes kylo ren but the theory looks weird

http://www.retrozap.com/the-fate-of-ezra-bridger-and-the-rebels/

http://epicstream.com/videos/Is-Ezra-From-Star-Wars-Rebels-The-Main-Villain-in-Star-Wars-Episode-VIII

Ah ok. Not remotely saying he becomes Kylo Ren. Just he turns DS and may be a villain in Episode VIII. Did you perhaps mean he becomes a Knight of Ren?
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • What about....no?

+1

Stay on main caracther that ppl know. Stay on the main stream of starwars
  • Moicaliss wrote: »
    What about....no?

+1

Assuming that by "main stream" you mean the seven films: For what reason would you ignore a vast chunk of lore?
    What about....no?

+1

Rebels IS a part of mainstream Star Wars now.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    What about....no?

+1

Sorry but...no. If i go down the street...and ask the first stranger i met: Do you know who's Darth Vader?
    He's probably gonna say yes
    Do you know who's Ezra...?
    Ez...what?

• Third ability should be "Rub the Lamp" and buffs your team with all buffs and debuffs enemy team with all debuffs. Then a magic carpet comes flying in.

J/K I love SW:Rebels
    What about....no?

+1

Sorry but...no. If i go down the street...and ask the first stranger i met: Do you know who's Darth Vader?
    Ez...what?

Correct. But why exclude it from this game? Do we care what the blithering masses know or don't know about Star Wars?
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    What about....no?

+1

Ez...what?

I'm not arguing that Vader is more known, but you are picking the biggest character in the Star Wars Universe (except maybe Luke). Your point about Ezra would also apply to asking a stranger on the street:
    Do you know who Poggle the Lesser is?
    Do you know who Talia is?
    Can you pick URoRRuR'R'R from a line up of tuskens?
    I am sure the response would be "Who is Urr... rrr.. what?"

While I understand the point you are making, we are well beyond the point where the game is focusing on ONLY characters that the general public knows, and to think otherwise is naive. Mainstream Star Wars and what the general random person knows are 2 different things.