Make Cody Great Again 2016

Per @CG_Kozispoon
"Hi there, and thank you for all of the great feedback on one of my personal favorite recent additions to the game. Much like Zam Wesell and Geonosian Spy, we are looking into making improvements on Cody in a future update. Cheers!"

Replies

• Awesome. Thx for the Feedback.
  • I went hard to the paint to get Cody geared and leveled, only to be disappointed. A potential rework would be amazing.
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Great stuff. Can't wait for this
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Same boat, 60/100 to *7 him, spent serious $$$ and don't want loose my money for nothing. Let's see if EA/CG really care for the P2P supporters. Really look forward a 2nd strong team for P2/P3 Raiding (Anaking / Cody / Echo / 5s / Sarge).
    Do or do not...
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I was so excited to see that CG heard what we said and is going to make some adjustments. I'm curious to see what they feel we were right about and what we were way off-base about.

Overall Cody's "kit" is very cool as it stands. The basic ability is good and the TM gain through it is very nice, especially for raiding. The AOE graphic (Order-66) is awesome, but the stun ability is just kind of useless. The 212th Attack is awesome and creates great tempo for the entire squad; it's just the CD is way too long for what you get from it and the damage penalty is a tad high when you consider what other characters with assist abilities have or even Phasma with her lead.

Considering the changes they've made with JKA, Wedge & Biggs; I'm very excited they're going to take another shot at Cody, can't wait to see the finished product.

Edit: Should've said this first. But I really appreciate EA recognizing that Cody as a new character needed some help and is going to look at adjustments for him. @EA_Jesse
  • I can't get echo drops to save my life, no way did people get him from chromium... did I miss a clone pack somewhere along the way?
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    DashRendar wrote: »
    I can't get echo drops to save my life, no way did people get him from chromium... did I miss a clone pack somewhere along the way?

Yes, when Echo was first released in Chrom's his drop rate was exceptional just like now with Cody. It seems like EA did a good thing with the featured character for the month by buffing their drop rates in Chromium packs. If you think you'll want that character then buy the packs because the drop rate is just that good. At least buy enough for 6-star and finish through Shipments if you're unsure.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    I can't get echo drops to save my life, no way did people get him from chromium... did I miss a clone pack somewhere along the way?

When they are introduced to Chromiums, new characters usually have a higher drop rate for about 2 weeks. That's to help whales who have all the toons already not waste too much cash.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Cody on his own is decent but he shines with clone squads (Rex, Fives and Echo + either Clone Sargeant or a heavy hitter like Anakin, Luminara or Rey). That gang-up attack's damage penalty is steep even with a fully arrayed clone squad, like to see a final reduction to 20% instead of 50%.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Cody on his own is decent but he shines with clone squads (Rex, Fives and Echo + either Clone Sargeant or a heavy hitter like Anakin, Luminara or Rey). That gang-up attack's damage penalty is steep even with a fully arrayed clone squad, like to see a final reduction to 20% instead of 50%.

Right, Cody really does need at least 2 other Clones for that Attack to be worthwhile. The damage reduction is a bit extreme I think as well for an 8-turn cooldown that even with all Crits is still too high in my opinion.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    APX_919 wrote: »

Right, Cody really does need at least 2 other Clones for that Attack to be worthwhile. The damage reduction is a bit extreme I think as well for an 8-turn cooldown that even with all Crits is still too high in my opinion.

True but in Rancor Raids with the doors (levels 2 and 3) all hits are crits so he goes from a shining star to a supernova in a hurry so the cooldown is "okay" there, lousy otherwise with the damage reduction. They could keep it a 8 cooldown but lower damage to 20% penalty or change the cooldown to a 4 or 5 count and keep damage as it is. One of the two really has to happen to make him useful outside of a clone squad.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Hey thanks for the info on chromium drops fellas! Snooze you lose... I'm sure he will come around, got all other to 7* but him so I'm jonesing for a cheaper opportunity lol.
  • Hey thanks for the info on chromium drops fellas! Snooze you lose... I'm sure he will come around, got all other to 7* but him so I'm jonesing for a cheaper opportunity lol.

Yeah I hear you on that one. I was working on B2 and had super-unlucky drops and gave up when I should've kept working on him. Hopefully they'll both be in shipments soon.
  • I was so excited to see that CG heard what we said and is going to make some adjustments. I'm curious to see what they feel we were right about and what we were way off-base about.

Overall Cody's "kit" is very cool as it stands. The basic ability is good and the TM gain through it is very nice, especially for raiding. The AOE graphic (Order-66) is awesome, but the stun ability is just kind of useless. The 212th Attack is awesome and creates great tempo for the entire squad; it's just the CD is way too long for what you get from it and the damage penalty is a tad high when you consider what other characters with assist abilities have or even Phasma with her lead.

Considering the changes they've made with JKA, Wedge & Biggs; I'm very excited they're going to take another shot at Cody, can't wait to see the finished product.

Edit: Should've said this first. But I really appreciate EA recognizing that Cody as a new character needed some help and is going to look at adjustments for him. @EA_Jesse

@Darth_Jay77: Excellent work! props for you for the effort posting such valuable information, if they rework Cody hats off to you mate. Keep the crusade for cody's rework going strong, hope they follow your insights somehow. I just want him to be usefull for raiding at least, because I wanna be different of others in my guild (tired of teebo / qgj / rey)
    Do or do not...
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited August 2016

He was coming a lot in chromiuns back in May... I missed a few as well, im 40/100 on him... i started playing in may and didn't know how much valuable he would be so I stop buying chromiuns once I got rex *7... I just spent $100 this month on chromiuns pack and got 15 shards from him only (lots of xaman tusken and zam wesell tho). The problem with chromiuns packs is that free heroes come in too, they should remove the free heroes, so you have a guaranteed distinct hero to come (instead of getting nighsisters, clone sarge, qgj, etc...)
    Do or do not...
  • I was so excited to see that CG heard what we said and is going to make some adjustments. I'm curious to see what they feel we were right about and what we were way off-base about.

@Darth_Jay77: Excellent work! props for you for the effort posting such valuable information, if they rework Cody hats off to you mate. Keep the crusade for cody's rework going strong, hope they follow your insights somehow. I just want him to be usefull for raiding at least, because I wanna be different of others in my guild (tired of teebo / qgj / rey)

I'm glad you and others chimed in or EA may not have taken notice or just thought I was crazy. LOL! I'm sure they have data as well that suggests he's not quite balanced as well. I do a lot of analysis for work, so it was fun to do it for something not work-related.

Aayla is a great addition to clones squad. She stuns onot her basic, has a chance to stun on Cody's assist attack, and she can summon assist on her basic, plus her counter has a chance to stuns.

Aayla is a great addition to clones squad. She stuns onot her basic, has a chance to stun on Cody's assist attack, and she can summon assist on her basic, plus her counter has a chance to stuns.

Yep, Anakin leader benefits Clones and Jedis, Aayla really fits well under his lead. 2 teams that I'm building straight up, Anakin + Clones and Wedge/Biggs + Rebels. Yeah, Rogue One hype!
    Do or do not...
  • FIX EMPIRE FACTION.

Tarkin - worthless
    Veers - worthless
    snowtrooper - worthless
    stormtooper - worthless
    magmatrooper - worthless

• DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    FIX EMPIRE FACTION.

Tarkin - worthless
    Veers - worthless
    snowtrooper - worthless
    stormtooper - worthless
    magmatrooper - worthless

Make another thread fella. This is the clone hive... We are asking for a premium chromium character to be fixed (which hundreds of players spent serious $$$) not some shiit free empire toons like those you mentioned... Completely offtopic...
    Do or do not...
  • Don't care how much you spent. They release the stats before you spent the cash. You knew what you were getting, your fault. Just because you spent money on something and didn't like it doesn't make you more special and be catered to.
  • awesome title, give this man what he wants
  • VirtraThrad
    444 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Don't care how much you spent. They release the stats before you spent the cash. You knew what you were getting, your fault. Just because you spent money on something and didn't like it doesn't make you more special and be catered to.

He was released broken, because his original release was balanced with original mods... then mod nerf made cody super weak. Then they "fixed" echo, which I agree was fixing a bug according to the wording of echo's skill... but still made cody further behind in terms of utility.

They did an almost immediately fix on zam, people expect the same for cody.
  • Don't care how much you spent. They release the stats before you spent the cash. You knew what you were getting, your fault. Just because you spent money on something and didn't like it doesn't make you more special and be catered to.

He was released broken, because his original release was balanced with original mods... then mod nerf made cody super weak. Then they "fixed" echo, which I agree was fixing a bug according to the wording of echo's skill... but still made cody further behind in terms of utility.

They did an almost immediately fix on zam, people expect the same for cody.

Well said.
  • So...kind of underwhelmed with the Cody "fix." Reduction in cool downs, and added defense...no HP buff? No penalty reduction on 212th? Those were his main deficiencies. Did you guys even test him?
  • I get instant refresh on 212th now. So I'm not going to complain. Would love more health of course, but he does impact more.
  • I'm going to test more over the weekend and try and do a write-up for Kozi. My suggestion would be to keep all conversation for Cody in the Cody thread that Kozi created in the character section.