jedi/sith deflecting blasters

This has probably been mentioned but how sweet would it be to have jedi/sith deflecting blaster attacks. Its obviously about the 5 millionth thing in the list of things CG need to do to the game, but it's one of the coolest things in star wars. Especially if you've ever played battlefront and walked down 10 enemies shooting at you with vader just deflecting shots at them and tossing saber. Vader doesn't get hit with blaster fire are you kidding me, he bats that **** away with ease and says something intimidating like 'your defeat is inevitable'

It would obviously change the game quite a bit though as so many characters use blaster fire. Maybe jedi/sith should just have a percentage chance to do this? Maybe just vader should be able to? maybe after he defeats an enemy he gains that for x turns? He isn't too strong atm and considering he's only the dark lord of the sith and comfortably the most bada$$ movie character there is, he could probably be a bit stronger. It could work for him. Maybe jedi luke too. I wonder how it could be factored in without being OP or really annoying

At some point i think that could be a cool addition. I'm sure it'll never happen but just thought id mention it

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Enough complaints about dodge/deflect ratings as is, this would only make it worse.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • darthnoobage
    182 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    i hate dodge as much as the next guy, believe me. More, actually. But there must be a way to add it to the game in some capacity without it being too annoying. Also, most evasion teams don't use many jedi/sith currently, and they will probably release more counters to evasion teams in future. My question is really how it could be added without being OP and really annoying
  • Cor
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Firstly, that would be awsome animation, if Jedi/Sith used ligihtsabers to deflect blaster fire when evading blaster attacks.

Secodly, I would love such feature. I know all dodge discussions but still, if Jedi/Sith had like 20% chance to deflect blaster fire it would be closer to Star Wars universe. And I believe Jedi and Sith could use some buff. They are supposed to be best warriors of the time and they loose their place on Star Wars arenas to geonosians, clones, jawas, droids, etc. And with so many anti-Jedi in game abilities, they deserve a buff.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    i think its cool but then no one would use people with blasters anymore
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    It would be a cool QOL option. It doesn't have to add any new dodge/reflect percentages to it but if a Jedi/Sith dodges a blaster attack it just plays the animation
  • Dhoey321 wrote: »
    i think its cool but then no one would use people with blasters anymore

it is really cool. it would definitely have to be balanced in some way. I have no idea how, this is my real question here. So something like jedi can only deflect dark side blasters and sith can only deflect light side blasters. Or have a specific buff for it. Maybe even a specific character who gives the buff (jedi luke?) Or, like i suggested, maybe just give it to vader/jedi luke. You'd see vader in arena a lot more. There would be excitement about starring him up too whereas right now mine is at g7 and i am a bit indifferent about getting him to 6*

@Varlie i think they would have to make a different animation for each character, so I'm sure it will never happen. CG couldn't be bothered to put the already created scoundrel event up for like 2 weeks, let alone put in the work for this. But i feel its such a crucial/cool element of any star wars fighting. Generally i was more thinking they could deflect blasters back to the opponent and do some damage to them.

@Cor I agree with pretty much everything you said. Sith are weak. Most jedi are very weak. but QGJ and anakin are two of the best/most common toons, i think that makes it a bit complicated.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Your for. Since there are so many starting positions from characters holding lightsabers that would be a lot of work.
  • Mynd
    233 posts Member
    Wouldn't mind if there was an ability that sort of behaved like Retribution, but against blaster-wielding characters only, deflecting that damage 100% back at them.