Mods(PEDs) create no change in character Power, the stat used to determine opponents in GW and Arena

I just took my Kylo Ren Power 6807 and I put 6 mods on him. When I was finished his power was still... Wait for it... 6807. There is no difference in power when a mod is added.

Now our power determines the rate at which we are targeted in the Arena, as well as who we target. But Mods are a silent boost that is not reflected in a characters Power. Our GW opponents are determined by using the characters Power stat as well.

For example: Yesterday in Node 12 I got decimated by a team that was selected for me based on characters power.

All 5 characters had a +30 speed arrow, and with secondary speed stats all at at least +45.

Those characters all had 6 maxxed health mods giving them huge health pools between mod stats and health bonuses. They also had max protection, potency and Tenacity primary stats too.
High tenacity lets them resist everything.

Just 3 middle chars on that team, So not the best, not the worst
45K +41 Speed
50K +42 speed
41K +47 speed 50% tenacity

I do not have 5 30+ speed mods, in fact I don't have 1 of them.

My highest power Character is 7551 at gear 10.
These characters are all power 8500+ at gear 11 with insane speed and insane damage.

Why are these characters power rating not affected properly by their God mods? Chacters with this much juice pumped into them need to have their power reflect it. By doing so, these people wouldn't be getting these GW opponents that on paper look like at 115% match to your squad, when in reality they are like a 150% match to your best 5 toons. Mods have really created a huge gap in the game becasue they don't acually register anywhere that is used in creating your game experience.

It's like your opponent has a game genie, his characters appear to look the same level because you can't see the cheat codes.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    mods do affect power rating.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Well it didn't affect the character I just put them on. If it does affect rating, then by how much, because I can't image it makes the character's power that much higher considering the ACTUAL power the mods give him.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Well it didn't affect the character I just put them on. If it does affect rating, then by how much, because I can't image it makes the character's power that much higher considering the ACTUAL power the mods give him.

I dont know how they calculate the powerrating. Chewy is the highest power character without mods, but most certainly not the best character in the game. But to be fair, it's almost impossible to let the powerrating aflect the actual power of a character. A DPS benefits far more from +50 speed than a tank for example, so should adding speed mods on DPS characters give a higher power difference than the same speed mods on tanks?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • it doesn't seem to affect them straight away for some reason - try closing app then checking again. pretty sure mods do affect power