6yr old son

Hello GoH Team,

My son loves this game. He loves Kylo Ren, and may someday try to kill me to satisfy the dark side in him; but until then, he jumps around the living room spinning his red light saber and playing this game.

Did I mention he loves Kylo Ren? He got a google play gift card for Christmas, and seeing that Kylo Ren has a better chance of unlock with premium gems, he spent the entire thing on gems, hoping to random draw him. He's purchased the "increased chance of unlocking Kylo Ren" several times without any success and I'm wondering, is it like Powerball odds or something?

Anyway, I'm just curious what the "increased chance" really means, because I see him starting to give up on something he enjoys due to the monetary limitations required for him to enjoy it.

Thanks for your time,

I guess this makes me Han Solo, in his eyes, so

Han

Replies

• Options
    I am not sure anyone knows the real odds, but basically any given Chromium Pack has a chance to drop either shards or a complete character. The chances seem to be weighted towards cheaper heroes (25 or 50 shard ones), and also weighted towards getting just shards instead of a full character unlock. From anecdotal evidence and the forums, it seems that...

75% of the time, you get 12 shards for a character.
    25% of the time, you get a character

If you get Shards, it is basically just 1/71 odds of it being Kylo Ren. It seems there is no preference for getting cheap versus expensive ones.

If you get a full character, the weighting kicks in = your odds seem to be much higher to get a 25 point hero than a 50 point than an 80 point. Additionally, if getting a character from a pack like this, they start randomly with 1, 2, 3, or 4 stars. Also note that in all cases, it can and will award shards/character for a character you already have unlocked, even if that character is already 7*. If you get a full character in this way (say, Jedi Consular), you get 7 shards towards their next star instead.

So, when it says "best chance for Kylo Ren", it simply means that rolling 8 dice is better odds than 1: it doesn't actually give you any additional, appreciable chance to get a high-power hero or Kylo Ren specifically.

Of course, this is all anecdotal conjecture, but that seems to me and most other players to be how it works. Your son is better off pushing to the point in Squad Cantina where he can farm for Kylo Ren shards, and then spending all his allowance/daily crystals on extra Energy to unlock and rank him up.
  • Options
    Thanks Hawk :smile: