IG-100 is OP!

Well no not really, but I did go up against a droid team with JE and a new IG-100. (The team used to be run with JE and Royal Guard and was pretty easy for me to beat).

So I have a couple questions. One, Fr people who DON'T run clone teams and have no trouble with Droid teams, who do you use?

Second, maybe I don't understand JE's unique well enough but I feel like I SHOULD go before he moves.

His speed is 150 + his unique which with 4 other droids gives him +40 speed yes? For a total of 190.

I run a Ventress led team (+28 speed to NS) with Old Daka who has 166 speed. 166 + 28 = 194.

I should go first right? Not so. The little engineer yells and the droids start going berserk. Speed down, ability block, offense down, etc. on my squad.

What am I missing?

I can post pictures of the droid team in question and my own squad.

Replies

• Options
    Does the JE in question have mods that add speed? Sounds like yes.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    its +50, JE counts himself as an ally. (atleast, that is what i've read on the forum ;) )
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    He counts himself as an ally. All abilities for everyone count themselves as an ally. So he is actually at +50. The above poster mentioned mods too -- that is worth looking for too.
  • Options
    Not a droid expert, but as far as i know JE gets +10 speed for himself, so he should have +50 speed bonus. And i use Anakin lead to crush droids (+B2). Fives teaches them lessons.
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Options
    Leef is correct - with a whole team of droids/jawas JEs bonus adds 50 speed.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ahh, I didn't realize JE gets to count himself as an ally. Dirty ****(.

Looks like I will have to switch some mods around to get Daka over 200, lol.
  • Options
    Kelthuzad wrote: »
    Not a droid expert, but as far as i know JE gets +10 speed for himself, so he should have +50 speed bonus. And i use Anakin lead to crush droids (+B2). Fives teaches them lessons.

I normally don't have a problem with them either but IG-100 is throwing me for a loop.

He doesn't hit that hard but with his AOE's and TM manipulation he badly weakens my squad while I'm trying to take care of JE and company.

BTW I run:

Asajj
    STHan
    RG
    GS
    Daka

Sometimes I switch in STHan as lead or take RG out and put in Dooku as lead.

Until I get QGJ to 7* and past G8 I'm limited in what I can do without another dispeller.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Ahh, I didn't realize JE gets to count himself as an ally. Dirty ****(.

Looks like I will have to switch some mods around to get Daka over 200, lol.

He will probably just speed up his JE a bit, wich is way easier than speeding up that daka even further. So all your efforts could be in vain.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Love the title... For 9 months I've been saying IG100 is the pillar of my droid team and for most of that time I've been a vocal minority. Only now are people realising how ninja he is. It's a shame. I was kinda hoping he'd stay under the nerf radar but I fear this may be the beginning of his end.

For the record, I've found that stuns are his biggest hindrance. Although that might seem obvious, they're so much more damaging to him as his natural speed is terribly slow. Most of the time you don't see this because he's getting 50% TM boosts thanks to 47's lead. This means his AoE will usually give him speed up once he's let it go once. But get a good reliable stunner on him then laugh as it says 'counter attack' and he just stands still.
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Options
    You have to hit IG-100, you can't leave him for last or ignore him. You have to have someone hit him every round. If he doesn't take damage he'll get speed up and then offense up start causing issues.
  • Options
    Teebo lead? He can't counter if you are stealthed. Works like a dream.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    He's pretty easy farm if you'd like to try him yourself. :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    SifuSteve wrote: »
    Love the title... For 9 months I've been saying IG100 is the pillar of my droid team and for most of that time I've been a vocal minority. Only now are people realising how ninja he is. It's a shame. I was kinda hoping he'd stay under the nerf radar but I fear this may be the beginning of his end.

For the record, I've found that stuns are his biggest hindrance. Although that might seem obvious, they're so much more damaging to him as his natural speed is terribly slow. Most of the time you don't see this because he's getting 50% TM boosts thanks to 47's lead. This means his AoE will usually give him speed up once he's let it go once. But get a good reliable stunner on him then laugh as it says 'counter attack' and he just stands still.

I could change the title.

I really don't think he is OP (really good droid synergy though) but I AM surprised no other Droid teams are using him as he is pretty easy to farm.
  • Options

lol, I literally posted that right after you.

I have slowly been farming him. If I ran a droid team, he would have been a priority. But alas, I chose a different path ;)
  • Options
    IG100 is like a lot of toons I had early on that I let slide to bench. RG is another. They weren't working in my lineup at their level when I decided to develop other toons.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick!" Theodore Roosevelt. "You know that's right!" Rey
  • Nightwolve
    582 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Other teams(with Anakin and Benlead) are stronger ones. Teams with Rex as leader are also stronger at the moment.
  • Options
    I've let my 100 slide to bench as well. Nebit replaced him, HK lead and the IG's with JE.
  • Options
    Are you saying he is better than B2 ? If so I'm listening but can't justify theory crafting him at the moment gave up on him gear 8 for B2 when I got sick of losing to RG Taunts.
  • Options
    Are you saying he is better than B2 ? If so I'm listening but can't justify theory crafting him at the moment gave up on him gear 8 for B2 when I got sick of losing to RG Taunts.

There are relatively few whales in my arena shard. None of the droid teams I have encountered use B2.

Honestly, B2 would be harder to beat since I run RG and ST Han in my squad.
  • Options
    Anakin (L), QGJ, GS, Rey, RG
    I beat all droid teams easily....but most of them can beat me when the silly AI is controlling my team on defense. Han Solo is a good option since he shoots first and will frequently target JE. I will have Han Solo 6* Gear X with all of the perfect mods by late next week and I will put him on my team so as to limit my defeats to droid teams when I am on defense.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    If you're looking to beat the droids F2P (aside from going full Jawa or Ugnaught) then high health toons are needed to survive their initial onslaught. Also counters are useful since the team you faced has 3 AoE attackers. And stuns were mentioned already. My ideal anti droid team is:

Anakin lead, Fives, Aayla, RG, Daka. That would be a decent team against anybody with the right mods. If you concede that you won't out speed JE, and build a team to shrug off their insane first round, counter them on every AoE, and keep a few stunned while you take them down you'll be fine. Dodge leads seem to work ok as well.
  • Options

If you need Cantina Energy for other uses like, say, mods or any other toon :}>, then his one DS Hard node makes him a very slow farm. I have him at 63/100, and expect another month before getting him to 7*.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    If you're looking to beat the droids F2P (aside from going full Jawa or Ugnaught) then high health toons are needed to survive their initial onslaught. Also counters are useful since the team you faced has 3 AoE attackers. And stuns were mentioned already. My ideal anti droid team is:

Anakin lead, Fives, Aayla, RG, Daka. That would be a decent team against anybody with the right mods. If you concede that you won't out speed JE, and build a team to shrug off their insane first round, counter them on every AoE, and keep a few stunned while you take them down you'll be fine. Dodge leads seem to work ok as well.

This is really helpful.

I've been farming both Aayla and Anakin. Once I get QGJ to 7* I think I will start using cantina currency to start working on 5's.

It will be a long process though since I am at 76/80 shards to unlock Anakin and 24/30 to getting Aayla to 4*. At least she is already halfway to G8 and level 53.

Thanks for posting!
  • Phu_Zzy
    148 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    My IGD (L), 5's & Leia combo seems to have minimal issue with droid teams.

My Leia is speed modded so she normally gets into stealth sharpish. IGD's leader ability triggers a lot of counters against AoE, it's not unusual for me to take out IG100 with a mass counter as the AI always seems to trigger his AoE first up.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

This is really helpful.

I've been farming both Aayla and Anakin. Once I get QGJ to 7* I think I will start using cantina currency to start working on 5's.

It will be a long process though since I am at 76/80 shards to unlock Anakin and 24/30 to getting Aayla to 4*. At least she is already halfway to G8 and level 53.

Thanks for posting!

Glad to help. One other thing. Some of the lower health attackers can be tanky enough to survive if they can get to gear 11 (QGJ, Lando, etc), and are outfitted for health/protection/defence. QGJ for instance can get over 50k health and protection combined at gear 11 with mods. One or two toons like that may be useful on the right squad.