In-game chat

The game is awesome, but falls on players interactivity in-game. I think EA should work on a in-game chat to people interact and grow involvement. Should be at least a way to sent private messages to other players.

Dam, how cool would be to congrats my opponents in arena, as well discuss strategies and so.
Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    fberbert wrote: »
    The game is awesome, but falls on players interactivity in-game. I think EA should work on a in-game chat to people interact and grow involvement. Should be at least a way to sent private messages to other players.

Dam, how cool would be to congrats my opponents in arena, as well discuss strategies and so.

Your opponent is the computer. I'd be worried if it talked back. Judgement Day. But yea, global and shard chat would be cool.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Your opponent is the computer. I'd be worried if it talked back. Judgement Day. But yea, global and shard chat would be cool.

All right, the guy who built the squad for the computer play lol
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Well... I'm not suggesting that a self aware chatting AI is necessarily a good thing. I'm just saying that I have met people online who I strongly suspect would fail the Turing test. :wink:
  • Options
    UP.

I think the game lacks interaction between players and an in-game chat would be funny.
  • Options
    Yesterday I had a great time fighting 3 battles against another player to finish #1 in the arena. Finally I lost In my last fight and he finished #1.

Yes, I know that it was not him, it was the AI, but he was also managing the arena cooldowns and timing the battles as I was, and it would have been great to have a chat with him after it.

• Options
    LocoAl wrote: »
    Yesterday I had a great time fighting 3 battles against another player to finish #1 in the arena. Finally I lost In my last fight and he finished #1.

Yes, I know that it was not him, it was the AI, but he was also managing the arena cooldowns and timing the battles as I was, and it would have been great to have a chat with him after it.

+1
  • Options
  • Options
    fberbert wrote: »

I strongly suspect it's planned for the future at the holotable to the right of the DS PvE missions, where the guy is sat in front of the floating hologram heads.

I also think the ships holograms in front of the Hutt is the future interface for ship functionality that's hinted at in Biggs Darklighter's toon description.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762