Arena today is ridiculous!!

Prev1
djlott
469 posts Member
edited August 2016
Rant thread GO.

Has something changed? Our entire guild is complaining that Arena got significantly harder today. I'm battling the same folks in the 5 to 20 range and losing 100% of my battles today. AI is gettinger INSANE numbers of turns!!!

Running G11 Lando T5 mods, G11 STH, G10 Phasma, G10 EE and G10 Gamorrean or AA or Leia. Don't tell me I can't get lower than 27 with this team. But today, AI is stoopid fast and hitting harder.

Not to mention, I'm seeing the Fives thing where he's going twice on first try and my Chief Chirpa only called Ewoks with tribal unity. I didn't get the non Ewok ally assist like I normally do.

EA/CG what is going on here?
Post edited by djlott on

Replies

• HunterMuncherPuncher
    177 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    djlott wrote: »
    Rant thread GO.

Has something changed? Our entire guild is complaining that Arena got significantly harder today. I'm battling the same folks in the 5 to 20 range and losing 100% of my battles today. AI is gettinger INSANE numbers of turns!!!

Running G11 Lando T5 mods, G11 STH, G10 Phasma, G10 EE and G10 Gamorrean or AA or Leia. Don't tell me I can't get lower than 27 with this team. But today, AI is stoopid fast and hitting harder.

Not to mention, I'm seeing the Fives thing where he's going twice on first try and my Chief Chirpa only called Ewoks with tribal unity. I didn't get the non Ewok ally assist like I normally do.

Was curios and tested this out. so far 0/2. Droid enemy was down without JE and I still had my team full. Still lost lol. More challenging thou!

EDIT: Now 0/3, might need to stop attacking the same team. Will post update after.
    829-416-931
  • Vyse
    111 posts Member
    My arena was difficult today as well.... Normally top 20, couldnt get past 60s
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Mine was fine. I did lose 1 battle when my emulator crashed. :/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Funny...mine was this yesterday. Super difficult all of a sudden. Then today, back to normal. 5/5. I'd say if it happens tomorrow, then start to panic.

I wonder if it's just a random day of horrible RNG. It might be out there lurking, waiting to rear its ugly orifice and swallow us all. I'd say if it happens
  • Oooohwee. Was normal for me today. Got through 2 fights using AI and still had half protection on everyone but Sun Fac, who was down to 1/4 protection.
  • I Noticed no difference
  • Mine has easy I think your characters aren't that great to be honest
  • Mine seems fine. I'm on a late Nov shard and was able to win 3 matches from rank 35 to low 20's on auto
  • I've noticed it for almost a week now. Same exact teams I was beating last week are destroying me now, and suddenly all the lumi lead teams on my shard are way better at dodging than my old Ben lead. My team rarely dodges anymore. I get that is all RNG, but I'm glad it sure doesn't feel like it lately. Something definitely feels like it changed.
  • Mine was awesome today. I finished at #9. That's the highest I finished in months. Been stuck in the 30-40 range with trouble cracking the top 20. Today I stasted my run at #58, used 1 refresh, went 6 for my first 6, then split the last 4 to finish at 9.
  • I've lost one battle today out of ten...
  • Yep
    For the last week or so I
    Notice it's harder now
  • I went 0 for my first 5 today. Got back to 4 for 5 to finish 3rd. But that 0-for-5 hasn't ever happened to me before.
  • I see a pattern here. Some posters report an increase in difficulty while others report either no change or find it easier. Could this be ascribed to a meta shift?
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • *ridiculous. Please edit that, it's driving us pedants crazy
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Scourge194 wrote: »
    *ridiculous. Please edit that, it's driving us pedants crazy

+1

Had I not just recently been warned by an admin I would've made an "unproductive comment" about it.

To the OP's point though, I have noticed certain teams getting harder, and others easier.

I haven't been able to beat a clone team since the armor update.

I HAVE had more success against dodge lead teams because I run a stun heavy team and toons can no longer dodge when stunned. RNG still plays a role but where I used to ignore most toons while stunned I've learned it's important to focus fire on stunned targets because they are guaranteed hits.

It may be a Meta shift but really it seems more like I/we just need to readjust strategies against specific teams as certain mechanics have been altered. I haven't notice much difference in the top 50 of my shard.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Yea my arena was extra hard today, I actually lost a toon
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Could be the fine tuning of Mods...
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Ok edited ridiculous. Bad spelling habit for me on that word.

So I know this was a but of a rant but we have several in our T7 guild at top numbers and most of them reported a much higher degree of AI difficulty today. We are past the Armor update thing. This is just today. I am facing the same teams I was yesterday and it's just strange to me that suddenly the AI is just going crazy with seemingly multiple extra attacks all over the place. I'm running a mostly rebel scoundrel team with the same speed and critical damage mods. The dual taunt RG and STH, Rey, QGJ Dooku, GS teams have been a breeze with G11 maxed Lando Maxed G11 STH, Phasma, EE etc. Today it was like Kill Switch Engage. Lost 9 of 10 from what looked like total bump in AI TM. I'm totally fine with a smarter AI, but when I'm running speed mods just the same, watching Rey go twice without assist calls ... meaning double specials before I get a turn, it's well, ridiculous.

I honestly wondered if they were implementing new Tank AAT raid back end mechanics that had an effect on the front end play. When my Chirpa started acting up in game, I thought new bugs were unintentionally being put in play.
  • djlott wrote: »
    Rant thread GO.

Oh, great, I thought it was me. I have been #1 in my shard since day 5, with very few exceptions. Which means I'm fighting the same top 5... top 10 people every day for many weeks and I know their moves by heart. I do lose on occasion, but those occasions are like maybe 1 out of 20..30. Until today. Today I lost 3 out of 5... :(
  • Today's the same if not worse. Just fought a guy who usually was in "under 3 min" category. Today I barely did him in 4, switching to full auto speed and only doing manual targeting after a minute. If I proceeded in manual mode it would be a draw/tie for sure. Is this the "defense fix" in play?
  • MBL_66 wrote: »
    Yea my arena was extra hard today, I actually lost a toon

Mine too. I lost a toon as well. A Rey violenced my Anakin.

• I think it's all rng. There are days where I win every battle the next day ill play the same teams and attack the same way and rng doesn't go my way. RG doesn't stick a stun, a toon misses a few times, or some crazy thing happens like the other team attacks numerous times
  • I fought a replica of my team, only I had better mods and he had a few levels on me. All of his stuns worked and none of mine until the last moments. Dodge was 30% for him and 0 for me. Better damage too.
    Abilities which have a chance of working seem to trigger half of the time they are supposed to, like Chewie's tm reduction, Dengar's assist etc. And the opposite for the enemy, Five's counter occurs every time but once in a fight.
    Is this compensation for poor AI? Or just my luck?
  • Its since the new update. Defense is actually working now so it's not just a speed battle. Droid teams should be easier to beat now.
  • I think it's all rng. There are days where I win every battle the next day ill play the same teams and attack the same way and rng doesn't go my way. RG doesn't stick a stun, a toon misses a few times, or some crazy thing happens like the other team attacks numerous times
    Well, as much as I would like this theory to hold, it does not go along with my experience. Yes, there are days when RNG makes it a tad harder or a tad easier. But, starting yesterday, there was a dramatic increase in opponents both defensive and offensive capabilities. Order of magnitude vs usual day-to-day RNG variations. And not just one guy - all of them all of a sudden take at least +1 minute (on auto, i.e. full speed) to deal, and my losses are skyrocketing. Can it be that all of them geared up/modded up/leveled up at the same time? Possible, yes, but, imho, unlikely...
  • Surprisingly today seems more normalized. Same folks playing but I'm 8 for 10 today instead of 1 for 10 like yesterday. It feels like CG was putting back end mechanics in place for the next Raid type (or something similar) but now they reversed it. I dunno...total theory of course.
  • I started the day in 2nd place, dropped to fourth... then played 2 matches. Not bad for me....
  • I like the arena feature the best. I have noticed the defensive improvements but have modded up and countered it. But I think the thing that helps me the most is my rnagic rng voodoo doll. I rub its belly and I can feel the victory! Or maybe it's just gas.
  • Worked fine for me. Today is Grand Moff day.

7Bc7gWt.jpg
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith