Clarity About Character Stats

Gaidal_Cain
1640 posts Member
edited August 2016
So this seems to be an issue and I wanted to address it.

When you look at your stats the numbers in BLUE are PART OF the numbers in WHITE.

Example:

image_6.png

My Teebo has a TOTAL potency of 60.03% (the number in white). The 49.03% is what mods CONTRIBUTE to the total number.

If they WERE added together that would give me a total potency of 109.06% which is NOT possible now that potency is on a 0-100 scale.

Does that make sense people?

Whew, now I feel better!

Replies

• scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Potency > 100% is possible with Mods. Same with tenacity. Base, unmodded, will not go above 100%

8NvWu0t.jpg

"Potency and Tenacity have been normalized to exist between 0% and 100% when obtained through Gear. This was done to provide both a more readable number for comparison’s sake and also for balance reasons associated with Mods. Both of these values may exceed 100% through the usage of Mods and the comparison itself remains unchanged at this time."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/55700/game-update-7-15-2016#latest
  • scuba wrote: »
    Potency > 100% is possible with Mods. Same with tenacity. Base, unmodded, will not go above 100%

8NvWu0t.jpg

"Potency and Tenacity have been normalized to exist between 0% and 100% when obtained through Gear. This was done to provide both a more readable number for comparison’s sake and also for balance reasons associated with Mods. Both of these values may exceed 100% through the usage of Mods and the comparison itself remains unchanged at this time."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/55700/game-update-7-15-2016#latest

I was unaware of that, thank you for the correction.

My specific "proof" was bad but the point still stands that the number in white represents the base+mods.

The way many people read that, they would say in the case of your Qui Gon, it should be read as his total potency equals the two numbers added together instead of the blue being part of the whole.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

8NvWu0t.jpg

I was unaware of that, thank you for the correction.

My specific "proof" was bad but the point still stands that the number in white represents the base+mods.

The way many people read that, they would say in the case of your Qui Gon, it should be read as his total potency equals the two numbers added together instead of the blue being part of the whole.

Yup rest was spot on!!
  • slothe
    221 posts Member
    Uh, you're reading it wrong. Your base is 11% and your mods add on 49.03%, which equals a total of 60.03% potency.

Here is my Teebo, anything over 85% is pointless because no matter what the opponent will always have 15% resistance to TM reductions.
    11v4fbo.png
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Before mods the number in blue was gear between levels and was not reflected in the stat in white. After mods the number in blue IS part of the stat in white.
  • Where is the issue now ?
  • slothe wrote: »
    Uh, you're reading it wrong. Your base is 11% and your mods add on 49.03%, which equals a total of 60.03% potency.

Here is my Teebo, anything over 85% is pointless because no matter what the opponent will always have 15% resistance to TM reductions.
    11v4fbo.png

I'm not reading it wrong.

The White is the total amount.

My base isindeed be 11% but the WHITE number shows my base + mods.

I've seen people share stats on the the forums and people will ask if they have added the mods in or just the base. If people give you the number in white, the mods have ALREADY been added in. That is my whole point with this thread.

Give people the first number listed (WHITE) and you have given the total number for the stat in question.
    Doga wrote: »
    Before mods the number in blue was gear between levels and was not reflected in the stat in white. After mods the number in blue IS part of the stat in white.

I kind of wish there was still a way of knowing what gear adds but that would probably become too convoluted.

Plus, before mods, the blue number would only show what gear the gear you have before you complete a gear level. Once you upgraded to the next gear level, what the gear added simply becomes part of your new base.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    slothe wrote: »

11v4fbo.png

That would be true if no toon had tenacity over 100%. But if you stop at 85% and they have 115% tenacity then resistance is 30%....
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member

11v4fbo.png

You do realize Tenacity can go over 100%??

So anything over 85% potency is pointless vs 100% tenacity.

For example if Luke leader ability actually worked I could have my SunFac at 144% Tenacity. 144% Tenacity vs 85% potency = 55% chance to resist.

Not knowing the Rancor's Tenacity, and having discussed with some others it is hard to say the max potency to put on teebo.

11v4fbo.png

Okay so i have a question then. If potency can go over 100%, but they have an auto base tenacity of 15%, wouldn't you still benefit? Example.

If i have 110% potency, and they have 15% tenacity, wouldn't you minus the 15 from the 100 and have it equal out to a 95 percent chance they don't resist?
  • SkillKing wrote: »

11v4fbo.png

Okay so i have a question then. If potency can go over 100%, but they have an auto base tenacity of 15%, wouldn't you still benefit? Example.

If i have 110% potency, and they have 15% tenacity, wouldn't you minus the 15 from the 100 and have it equal out to a 95 percent chance they don't resist?

No, the base 15% resist chance can not be negated, That is the minimum resist chance no matter what
    anything over 85% is pointless because no matter what the opponent will always have 15% resistance to TM reductions.
    11v4fbo.png

You don't understand potency/tenacity, I suggest you do a little more research.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • @FailingCrab this is another couple year necro,
  • Oops! Sorry @slothe, I'm gonna assume you've done your research in the intervening 2 and a half years
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Hope so, he was banned in December 2016, so we can't even check he understands now.
  • How did you even find this to necro it in the first place?
  • Ephran wrote: »
    How did you even find this to necro it in the first place?

My question every time a thread is necroed.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!