Chromium Mega Packs: Attack of the Cody

So I was pretty happy to see Cody drop lots in Chromium packs to where I got him to 7-stars in no time. However, have also been trying to get Echo (who was evidently dropping a lot last month). Is anyone else having the same experience as me getting Cody shard and character drops like crazy?

Replies

• Options
    I got Cody to 6 stars in about 4 packs, Echo to 5 in the same amount of time. Sadly everything I've read from people that have him at high levels say he, and Echo, are not very good right now:(
  • Options
    Same here. 2 packs in about a months time & I got 6 total shard sets of those 2 toons. As far as getting Cody to 6☆ in 4 packs, I find that hard to believe. I also think the people saying Cody is no good are crzy. I use a friend's from time to time in LS Battles & he's incredible. At 8gear he's stronger than nearly all the other toons I have to choose from...by nearly 1,000. I'm no expert on these guys & I don't use my Cody or Echo so take it 4 what u like
  • Options
    I had one pack give me 3 full characters Cody's plus ten extra shards for him. I figured I would Max him after that. My second pack had full cody, Rex, and echo... thus began a long winding mess to get a fully maxed clone squad... only for echo to become more of a wet noodle.

Still love my clones, just wish they weren't paper thin. Thank God fives is a rock.
  • Options
    New chromium toons have always been dropping a lot more than others for the first couple of weeks, which is actually pretty nice.
    EasyRight wrote: »
    Same here. 2 packs in about a months time & I got 6 total shard sets of those 2 toons. As far as getting Cody to 6☆ in 4 packs, I find that hard to believe. I also think the people saying Cody is no good are crzy. I use a friend's from time to time in LS Battles & he's incredible. At 8gear he's stronger than nearly all the other toons I have to choose from...by nearly 1,000. I'm no expert on these guys & I don't use my Cody or Echo so take it 4 what u like

I wouldn't say Cody is no good, he has a great set of skills and is fun to play, but in arena you can't use him because completely maxed he has 19k health and protection, which is too little for him to be viable in top tier arena. Also his AI could use some tweaking to use 212th (his assist attack) instead of his AoE, which is essentially useless because he has so low potency. I hope the devs do give him a little adjustment to balance him a bit more, then he could become a viable arena toon
  • Options
    yeah I got him to 6 in 2 packs too.
  • Options
    Cody is definitely a lot of fun to play due to his special abilities, but right now at least, I'd have to agree that he isn't a particularly beast toon. For an attacker, his damage is not quite as high as I'd like, and his specials would be way more useful if his cooldowns weren't as long (even taking into account crits). With that being said, it's good to see that there is a system whereby the monthly character for chromiums drops more. I'll have to keep that in mind.
  • Options
    Yep got enough for 6* Echo when he 1st came out. Now I got 155 extra shards of Cody after 7* & still can't get Echo to 7*. Got about 10 shards of Echo since Cody came out. Very frustrating. After more Rex as well. He's only 5*.