Does Poe have Poe-tential? Why does he suck?

MrGrips
521 posts Member
edited August 2016
So poe used to be pretty darn good. Then they made TM reduction resistable. But is that the only change made to him? Why does that wreck him, even in the age of moddable potency?

Is there a squad with Poe as a good fit? Or a mod comp that makes him useful? Or is he doomed to live in the sewers forever?

Replies

• Options
    Poe came in as one of the fastest. That taunt for 2 + expose + TMR made him really good out in front of Poggle-buffed droids. What made him great was massive tenacity and self heal for showing it off. EA changed his gear and kit, reducing both the amount of overall tenacity and the %heal upon resisting.

He can still be really fast. He can still taunt for 2 turns. But he either won't land the detrimentals or won't live to see his taunt run out.

He was the best for a minute, then got cut in half.
  • Awesom3_Kill_Joy
    164 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    1. Because of nerfherders
    2. Nice pun
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    He died when TM could be resisted and QGJ rode the arenalands like Khal Drogo rode Denaerys.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Rebel_Scum
    127 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Indeed. He use to be my fav. when he first came out but now? Ugh! Bout the only thing I think he's good for is raids. Can take a beating from the Rancor but aside from that? With too many arena decks resisting anything and everything, makes it rather pointless to use him :(
  • Options
    Poe had a new use in wedge teams. He can make them even tough.
  • Options
    Poe got nerfed few months ago
    Before his nerf he was good
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    He is still useful... in a Mod Challenge, lol.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Poe is making a comeback

Danger Zone
  • Options
    Really? Why? Where.
  • Options
    Poe in a wedge team can be nasty. Wedge, biggs, lando, jka, poe. sure he'll get dispelled fast, but not before that teams has laid down a path of destruction
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Poe in a wedge team can be nasty. Wedge, biggs, lando, jka, poe. sure he'll get dispelled fast, but not before that teams has laid down a path of destruction

Danger Zone
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »

Danger Zone

I await your next video.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »

Danger Zone

I await your next video.

My Anakin will be maxed today so I'll make a new video with him lol
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options

Danger Zone

I await your next video.

Danger Zone!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options

Danger Zone

I await your next video.

I'm gonna say you're a whale because he is hard to farm
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

Danger Zone

I await your next video.

I have purchased more than 40 vaults so call me whatever you want but I consider myself a dolphin lol
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Danger Zone

I await your next video.

Lol. Of course he spent money on the game he has 7* Wedge which unless you saved just about every crystal from starting the game would be impossible to get without spending.
  • Options
    I hit anakin's hard nodesevery day for months, hoping. When he was 89/100 they put him in cantina. I finished him on hard nodes. Then a rework And monthly login.

He's far from whale status
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I really hope "danger zone" becomes the preffered term for that specific team ^_^
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Maverick and Goose
  • Options

Danger Zone

You need to find a way to stick resistance pilot and fotp in there
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

Danger Zone

You need to find a way to stick resistance pilot and fotp in there

Lol I have a gear 11 RP but it would suck on defense
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Danger Zone

I await your next video.

Lol. Of course he spent money on the game he has 7* Wedge which unless you saved just about every crystal from starting the game would be impossible to get without spending.

How did you know? Is it because he brings it up in almost every post?
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Danger Zone

I await your next video.

How did you know? Is it because he brings it up in almost every post?

Danger Zone