Beating droid team?

Benr3600
1098 posts Member
I have avoided them for quite a while since they were few and far between while 99% of us farmed gear from guild store, but now they have metastasized to roughly half of my server top ten, and today I simply have no choice but to try to beat them. I have lost twice already, I always heard "if you have enough hp/prot to survive the first wave you are fine" yet I don't have enough damage to finish the fight...have been using jka/fives/qgj/phasma/rg/sth all maxed and get slaughtered by the je/86/88/47/rg team in my way. I wouldn't even bother with a B2 team. So how do I reliably beat this garbage?

Replies

• TMK
    700 posts Member
    First wave is really important when facing the Droids. Do you have Ackbar and Leia? Those two make facing them a lot easier than expected. At least what I have found to be successful.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    I will have Leia finished within a week. Does she become faster than JE with Ackbar lead? All the JEs on my server are pumped full of speed mods
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    edited August 2016
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    Yeah need some more damage in there. Not sure what mods you have access to but mod 5's for crit chance and damage. Should be able to get almost 10k crit on counter from 5's on counter.
    Same with jka.
  • Play a droid team against other droid teams. Whoever's Jawa engine revs up first wins.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Do you have IGD available? I have mine at L8, 7*, G9 (just needs a scanner to go to 10) & his skills omega'd, he does a lot of damage to droids.
  • JinSaotome wrote: »
    Play a droid team against other droid teams. Whoever's Jawa engine revs up first wins.

Not true - I run droid team and even if my JE dont go first I still steamroll other droids:).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I would say, that you lack some single—target high damage attackers. You need to be able to take the droids out one by one and preferably without triggering the RG's taunt. Rey and GS could be nice additions (I have Leia and Ackbar, yes, but not much experience woth them in arena). Stunners also do well.

Focus on IG—88 and JE first. Some advice JE first, but I personally tend to take IG—88 first.
    If focusing 88 first, try to stun 86. After 88 dies switch to JE and if possible, stun him before he revives 88. However, most probably he will revive 88 once, you kill it and move back to JE.
    Third target would be 86.

QGJ is good in case you should trigger the opponent's taunt.
    Having 2 taunters (RG + ST Han in your case) yourself also helps a lot. Yes, you will probably loose one early, but as long as he saved your attackers from being blitzed during the first waves of attacks, he served his purpose.