So that's it? Just Health mods then?

djlott
469 posts Member
Every team I study in the top 10 is pure T5 maxed Health mods in every slot. I know darn well these guys can pull in any mod that they want. But it seems like everyone is only using Health. And i mean every toon, every slot, every player.

Is it really that the Health mods are that much more OP than the rest? I see Lando's out there that could surely use Crit Chance mods. Nope, Health only. I see maxed out Daka's out there that could surely use Potency mods. Nope, Health only. I see PLENTY of Rey's out there that coild SURELY use some Crit Damage mods. Again, nope, Health only.

It can't be that these players all just chased the meta and have no teams left to complete the mod challenges. It surely can't be laziness else they wouldn't be in top 10 to begin with. So I'm left to conclude (for now) that the health mod is simply OP and I've wasted millions of credits on Tenacity mods, Defense and Crit Chance up mods.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope? What am I missing here?

Replies

• pre crafting 3.0 lol. once the prices increased, it was easier to go with the girl you brought to the dance.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Count yourself lucky. developed shards are by far more complex than just health.

Poe with 200 plus speed
    Droids with 216 percent crit damage

Now defense has a play with new defense being adjusted up (without any announcement). Get those defense mods on OB.

Tenacity looks broken though.
  • To be honest its logical to use health mods that have good primary stats. When you get a health mod that gives 16% potency at the top-end why would you use a potency set instead? That example is from experience with what is just a 2* health mod.
  • djlott wrote: »
    Every team I study in the top 10 is pure T5 maxed Health mods in every slot. I know darn well these guys can pull in any mod that they want. But it seems like everyone is only using Health. And i mean every toon, every slot, every player.

Is it really that the Health mods are that much more OP than the rest? I see Lando's out there that could surely use Crit Chance mods. Nope, Health only. I see maxed out Daka's out there that could surely use Potency mods. Nope, Health only. I see PLENTY of Rey's out there that coild SURELY use some Crit Damage mods. Again, nope, Health only.

It can't be that these players all just chased the meta and have no teams left to complete the mod challenges. It surely can't be laziness else they wouldn't be in top 10 to begin with. So I'm left to conclude (for now) that the health mod is simply OP and I've wasted millions of credits on Tenacity mods, Defense and Crit Chance up mods.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope? What am I missing here?
    1. The truly OP Landos don't use health mods.
    2. You'd be surprised how many players in the top 20 have narrow META toons (at lewst in my shard most don't have the capacity to farm other mods at 5 stars)
    3. Health mods with good secondary stats are usually sufficient to beat almost anyone, so there is no need for most players to chase other mods

Conclude what you will.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Health mods are the first mod most people could get. And you only need two to fill a set. And health is a pretty decent benefit to all toons.

So even players with deep rosters rolled a lot of health mods. And rolled ones with interesting secondaries. It would take a long time to, say, complete a set of FOUR crit damage mods with the same amount of speed secondary as you got from rolling health mods. Needing four of them in different slots and keeping your already uber speed arrow (or rolling a new speed arrow), just as a for instance, is gonna take a lot more credits/rng.

I am not sure, but it seems there are specific toons that would benefit from tenacity/potency/crit chance. You got 'em. You tell us.

Defense, for one... I see where high defense flat secondaries can have a great effect. Maybe defense sets are sorta bunk, at least.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I guess what I'm saying is that it's hard to tell whether my Defense, Tenacity or any other mod is legit. I put Defense and Health on tanks with some Tenacity to prevent stun lock. Crit chance up on Leia and Lando, etc. But on my December shard, all top 10 players 100% health. And these aren't last year's F2P meta QGJ, Rey, Ben (L) RG, GS players. These are JKAnakin, Cody, SunFac, Fives, B2, Rex caliber players. All 100% health mods. I just don't get it but hey, follow the whales?
  • I'm top 10. Only have health mods since I'm unable to get other 5* mods. My target is to get other 5* mods in time, but it's health mods for now. Luckily, it's also good in GW.
  • No, if you have the resources to pull other mods, do it! The only issue right now is they take so long to find good secondary stats that changing mods would mean losing a lot of good secondary stats that can often time be better than the primary buff.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    ^Yes secondary can be better than primary in some cases. And it often overshadows the set bonus. Most of my 5 dotters are not even 15. I just stop at 12, chasing high speed, potency, flat defense, and protection/heath secondaries.... (Not that lvl 15 is not worth it... I am not going to level them until I'm done chasing the BEST secondaries, is all... or other sets).

And then when you have a huge pile of good secondaries, you have to sort them out to stack the secondaries into sets that can fit the 6 slots on one toon. Soo... this why doing it all over for new mods is $$$$$, especially the 4 slot sets. You can't just roll 6 tenacity mods and have a good PVP set.

BTW, I don't know that tenacity is totally broken. I keep reading that you just need to get it ridiculously high... and that detaunts are not affected by tenacity at all.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    djlott wrote: »
    I guess what I'm saying is that it's hard to tell whether my Defense, Tenacity or any other mod is legit. I put Defense and Health on tanks with some Tenacity to prevent stun lock. Crit chance up on Leia and Lando, etc. But on my December shard, all top 10 players 100% health. And these aren't last year's F2P meta QGJ, Rey, Ben (L) RG, GS players. These are JKAnakin, Cody, SunFac, Fives, B2, Rex caliber players. All 100% health mods. I just don't get it but hey, follow the whales?

For tenacity go big or go home. "Some" tenacity unfortunately will not make a difference.

Looking at stunner that most use and has the lower potency RG base potency is 38%. Meaning tenacity of 53% or less is all the same. 15% chance to resist. Put a +24% potency on RG, 77% and below tenacity is all the same.

Daka and Dooku both have higher potency.

I had to get tenacity of my sun fac to 99% to come out in plus side of stun resists vs RG. Most I faced were in the 40% potency range giving me a 59% chance to resist.
  • Guardias wrote: »
    To be honest its logical to use health mods that have good primary stats. When you get a health mod that gives 16% potency at the top-end why would you use a potency set instead? That example is from experience with what is just a 2* health mod.

Having not seen a lvl5 potency or speed mod, maybe they can have 21% health or even more. I'd like to think they are harder to get because the rewards are better.. Maybe a lvl 5 speed mod can have a 31% to healh and 15 to speed as a secondary. Just saying I dont think we've seen the full potential yet. When mods came out we all spent our credits on them.. maybe now the player base has realised that mods are a slower, long term progression than we first thought.
  • It's pretty much that everyone either can't do the other mods challenges or realized that crit damage/chance (especially for Han's Deadeye ability) is the only mods that really give a decent boast for a set bonus. Speed mods are just useless unless you can't get a primary stat speed mod. Farm enough and you can have all health mods with everything you need for your toon, plus the benefit of health. So, yeah until they increase the benefits of set bonuses, most people will stay this way.
  • Useful thread
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Wait I can't believe that the others can't get the mods. I'm frigging F2P 100% and I have 24 seven star toons and an untold number of other 6*, etc. I am able to farm Tenacity, Defense and Health. You can't tell me that these others sitting at position 1 thru 10 for untold numbers of months can't farm those mods. My A bad B teams both have T4 and T5 mods. Everyone else has the hand me downs. Something doesn't add up here. Granted I play a LOT but that can't make up for some of the whales I see in the top spots.

BTW thanks for all the replies. It's very helpful to read others experiences and thoughts on this.