The point of the new level cap is...?

Most games I've played tend to raise the level cap when they add new content. Tying that content to the level raise. However, there doesn't seem to be any new game modes added, making me wonder why they bothered. I know a lot of the P2W players capped out a significant portion of their characters and wanted the raise so they can have some characters to raise. I have spent some money here, though, and I only had about 7 characters at 60. I was hoping to actually be able to focus on getting better characters up to the level cap so I could be more competitive, but now I'm stuck just leveling my top un-synergized squad. Clearly this is just to give higher paying players a bigger advantage.

Replies

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    It gives you something to spend your credits and droids on, everybody knows training droids can go wonky if you sit on them for too long.

I have a feeling some people were hoarding droids rather than leveling up lower toons. :|
  • They said they weren't planning to release it yet but yielded to player demand. They just wanted to make us happy until their next content update. My guess is that it was all meant to be one giant update rather than 2 smaller ones.
  • They've been catering to a whiny fan base.
  • They listen to minority and I guess the same minority complaining about gw changes now.
  • It's EA, why do you think? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. They know the whales will dish out mega-bucks to get a leg up on the free to play people and the spend a little here and there people. There are tons of people spending on crystals right now to get thier toons leveled and geared. Guarantee it.
  • Hitting level 60 and filling every gear slot didn't exactly take a long time. Come on...it takes 4 years to cap your base in clash of clans...
  • Yeah, clearly done for money to get the crazy spenders to go fork out cash to quickly get their characters leveled. I have no problem with that as I don't care if people want to waste their cash on a mobile app.

I'd have preferred if they had a set cap and everything fit under that (instead of this how stuff to upgrade was locked until this cap raise) from the start as all this does now is make focusing on previous characters a bit of a priority instead of focusing on lower leveled/new characters.

Again though, it's clearly done to target the spenders who have already built up a big squad of previously maxed out characters at the expense of everyone else....the free to play game design model since they need to get their money from some suckers.

• this move just makes me play Dungeon Boss more and this game less