Bariss - counter heal block
elder - revive, turn meter
daka - stun, revive,
lumi - dmg, skill block

Final member is for debate.
Talia - turn meter.
Jc - low heal cd

Replies

• I use Sid as a leader with Lumi, Daka, Ewok Elder and JC. I almost always finish GW with the same 5 I started with. Sid is great as a leader for GW, he heals everytime you kill somebody and let's your weak healers do more critical damage
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    The AI targets Talia a lot for some reason. Keep that in mind.
  • I don't know what level your elder is. Mine is 2* and can't use him in 7 7 7 7 7 enemies as he dies on first regular attack.

Inthink the nee GW requires heavy healer teams in general, 2 minimun and 3 ideally. Mix in a Taunter or Heavy damage. But also, some ppl have very fast high damage teams and can maybe heal with just 1 char early on.
  • Jc hits hard. Talia is a backup healer and sometimes self sustainable, but she tends to be targeted first.
  • I've actually moved to using more healers with the change to the retreat option. I feel like this change has hurt GW because using a wider range of characters is more difficult unless you're willing to lose a good amount of them due to lack of heal and the ability to take them out in the middle of the fight.
  • Talia sucks...easy pick...JC
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Barriss/JC/Luminara seem like a good GW foundation these days to keep everyone ticking... moreso now with the retreat changes. A bit harder to nuke the crap out of the enemy team with speedy ringers now, but I think the meta has just changed a bit for GW with the retreat change.

I still run Barriss as GW leader since she allows a little bit of maintenance/self-sustain for everyone, and her heal-equalization is nice when a character is somehow focused by the AI and slapped with heal-immunity.

JC with the stupid low CD healing is a must-have for GW, period, no matter what comp you set up... just drop his heal every cooldown if you can and keep everyone topped up, if you want to play it simple.

I can't envision a scenario where Elder or Daka (except for her stun) are much use anymore since the retreat/force-quit now restore your team to the state at the start of the round, meaning return-from-death is a little bit moot. If someone dies, retreat and restructure the team to try again.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • I definitely agree that healers are even more crucial than before. I have always done GW with Luminara on my team - generally as the leader for her per-turn heal - but before I only healed every other, or every third match. Now from match 3 on I healed once per match since I knew that I wouldn't be able to sub anyone in if they got to lower health. Wish I had Barriss though as she would have been more helpful for all those darn heal-blocking Sidious' I faced.

In the end I still completed it, but it was much less enjoyable than normal.
  • You can now farm Barris in Cantina, but need to be enough level to unlock the node. So in the meantime still a challenge.
  • If you have Barris use Sid, as he can contribute to the team through her heal. Also JC IS the best healer for GW imo he can heal every other turn,cumulatively more than anyone else's, get him a place.
  • I use my arena team all the way except on 10th round againts sid, poe, vader, kylo, bariss.

Tried all my available combo but still not working. Lumi & daka heal at max cd.

My winning combo is chewie(lvl59 blue gear) lumi, daka, jc, talia. I do not have bariss.

There was a lot of healing on my side. All healer heals 4 time.
  • you could likely make it, but thast team is so easy to beat. I love facing healer teams. Really only time Sid is of real value at max level,lol.
  • Oh to help you on your final member JC hits easily the hardest and has short cooldown on specs 3 each.
  • I have zero problem in GW
    I use
    Phasma 5*
    Kylo 4*
    JC 6*
    Lumi 4*
    QGJ 5*
    Sometimes I replace kylo with FOTP
    Never had any problems
    Leader and co-founder of BHG
  • Enigmaticien
    384 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Off courses yes i do it everyday.

Why no one speak about Swift recovery broken for barriss offee.
    This ability never works, it' s a big pénality.