I feel we just need to clear the air concerning Mod Drop Rates....

StormTro0p3R_H
1643 posts Member
edited August 2016
I realize it's slightly bad form to claim things were said without quoting them, but I’m feeling particularly lazy at the moment so I’m not going through that right now. I may edit this later but until then:

EA/CG said they were lowering the drop rates of mods from 100% to whatever it is now (I’ve not investigated) to keep us from getting so many useless mods. Okay I get that, thank you for saving us from the torture of clicking sell so often (and getting those extra credits!) Here’s the bit I think is really fishy: they said they would be increasing the chances of getting meaningful mods….

So, we thought that would likely mean we will see more green, blue, purple, and gold mods dropping. That I can get behind, if it actually happened. I’ve gotten pretty lucky with my mod farming so I don’t want to give the impression that I am a “have-not” just blowing steam. I’m really curious why they even made that statement. Why try to sugar coat a mod drop rate decrease by effectively lying to us? I know it’s pretty strong stance to take – calling someone a liar – but they did seemingly lie and for no reason!

Often I think something is true and hope that I am wrong, especially if it is upsetting to me. I’m in that position now. I’m not going to argue with any hard numbers because I don’t have any, but I am inviting anyone with hard numbers to the contrary of what I am saying to share them.
I want to know that despite there being a lower drop rate, that I am more likely to use the mods that are dropping, and that there are, in fact, more colorful mods dropping than before. Please, someone prove that I am wrong here…

Replies

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    I'm working on hard numbers. I've been tracking for almost two weeks and I will be tracking for a month. Health mods only, then I need to get my other mods up to par.

So far, it's about a 35ish% drop rate. Majority are Grey, I've received one arrow so far and I think only one gold mod and one purple mod... Actually, scratch that, I don't think I've gotten a purple.

In about two to three weeks I'll be releasing all compiled data.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Sample size of a big pile of **** mods suggests you aren't wrong...
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    There is absolutely no way that the change in drop rate, adding mk3/mk4 to t3 challenges has made it it so you can focus on the mods you need, nor has it reduced the insignificant mods.

Getting mk3/mk4 when going for mk increases the insignificant mods and they are also not the mods I am focusing on.

The only thing that has come close to that is the mod shipments that most will not use.