Toons getting extra turns?

Prev1
I just saw Rey go twice. I've seen Leia go 4 times. This is with Phasma lead. I don't mind, I just want to know if it's WAI.
Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.

Replies

• Is ackbar in the squad?
  • Is ackbar in the squad?

No. Phasma, Rey, Leia, RG and GS
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Are you sure they were tm attacks and not triggered by phasma lead?

Also Leia has her multi attack, so that could have been triggered.
  • Joeyd7878
    276 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Their speed is probably through the roof. My QGJ goes twice in a row quite often. Rey as well. Though I've never seen any toon get four turns.
  • Rey and Leia are both easy more speedy then the others on the team, so if assists are now based on speed and disregarding which character had the original turn, the behavior would make sense
  • Scourge194 wrote: »
    Is ackbar in the squad?

Did gs call in Rey? Because that can trigger Rey from both GS and phasma lead skill to assist.
    Is ackbar in the squad?

Did gs call in Rey? Because that can trigger Rey from both GS and phasma lead skill to assist.

No. It was Rey, Rey
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Scourge194 wrote: »
    Rey and Leia are both easy more speedy then the others on the team, so if assists are now based on speed and disregarding which character had the original turn, the behavior would make sense

Assists seem to be position based not toon based in any way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Is ackbar in the squad?

No. It was Rey, Rey

But the attack before rey could have triggered the first rey attack.

But I would guess speed mods
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    I've had this happen quite a few times before in raid & GW with Ackbar lead and Phasma in the squad. Think it's probably just a bug involving multiattack toons and assists.
    I just saw Rey go twice. I've seen Leia go 4 times. This is with Phasma lead. I don't mind, I just want to know if it's WAI.

Dunno about Rey, but Leia has both her multi-attack and a possibility of TM gain from those attacks paired with high speed. I just saw a Leia go 5 times in a row, because she got a triple attack, all of which added TM, then she had the speed to go next with the extra TM boost and got a double attack. Looks like five in a row but is actually a 3 followed by a 2.

Speed determines how fast TM is gained, not just on who goes first, so a character with very high speed could feasibly attack twice in a row (and multi-attack character then stack the attacks for much higher hit counts).
  • My Rey goes twice in a row alot. Mines at only 205 speed. Depends on who your playing especially if it's slow toons.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    No multi-attack

What happened was Rey went, then Phasma's assist kicked in and called Rey, hence why she went twice. Then Leia had the same thing happen, but her basic was triggered in either a 3-1, 2-2, 1-3 fashion.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Dgreaser wrote: »
    My Rey goes twice in a row alot. Mines at only 205 speed. Depends on who your playing especially if it's slow toons.

Lol @only
  • benacrow wrote: »
    No multi-attack

What happened was Rey went, then Phasma's assist kicked in and called Rey, hence why she went twice. Then Leia had the same thing happen, but her basic was triggered in either a 3-1, 2-2, 1-3 fashion.

My thoughts exactly, only I was under the impression that Phasma's assist could only call a different character, not the one that made the original attack. Am I incorrect?
    benacrow wrote: »
    No multi-attack

My thoughts exactly, only I was under the impression that Phasma's assist could only call a different character, not the one that made the original attack. Am I incorrect?

Phasma leader will never call the original attacker to assist. So yea you aren't wrong on that one.
  • hackslash27
    85 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Had the same experience on Leia (4x a row) on Galactic Wars. Can't remember if it's a Phasma lead but I guess it's normal by chance. :)
  • Both RG and phasma can call an assist. That is what you are seeing. Working as intended.
  • Both RG and phasma can call an assist. That is what you are seeing. Working as intended.

RG? Do you mean GS?
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Ive seen some odd attacks going on... some multiples and also some toons without counter ability actually countering..
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Both RG and phasma can call an assist. That is what you are seeing. Working as intended.

RG? Do you mean GS?

Yes, he probably did. But the point is still valid. If GS attacks and calls Rey on an assist, then Phaama's bonus attack kicks in, it can be Rey who takes the bonus attack. And if it were her turn next, she could even attack a 3rd time.

My guess is that you are seeing some variation of this.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I have seen this happen multiple times.... I run Droids and was using Rey as an ally assister... so how does Rey go 2 times back to back on a droid squad?
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Both RG and phasma can call an assist. That is what you are seeing. Working as intended.

RG? Do you mean GS?

Yes, he probably did. But the point is still valid. If GS attacks and calls Rey on an assist, then Phaama's bonus attack kicks in, it can be Rey who takes the bonus attack. And if it were her turn next, she could even attack a 3rd time.

Not at all. GS was not involved. I perform Rey's basic attack. Whack! With me so far? Rey goes again, Whack! Get it now?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

RG? Do you mean GS?

Not at all. GS was not involved. I perform Rey's basic attack. Whack! With me so far? Rey goes again, Whack! Get it now?

NATM.gif
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

RG? Do you mean GS?

NATM.gif

Lmao
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Rey calling in Rey as an assist? :smiley:
  • Specter0010
    236 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Yep they can call their self as the assistant! It happens a lot. With phasma leader.

• Phasma leader will never call the original attacker to assist. So yea you aren't wrong on that one. [/quote]

Nope sorry you are wrong.

• I'm pretty sure there are some bugs with TM not resetting correctly after a stun. I just had a JC come out of stun and take the next turn (no phasma lead or anything). That doesn't seem like it should be possible...
  • For the people who think they have experienced this with Akbar lead and phasma in squad, you do realise that both of those toons only grant assists through their leader ability so it is impossible to trigger and assist from both. Unless you are doing a battle in which you are borrowing a character from an ally and have phasma or Akbar as your lead and then borrow the other one from an ally